Covid-19 vacs.

During May last year, I received my 3rd covid-19 booster vacs, ie this would be my 4th vacs in total.  In the following December, I tested positive for covid-19, initially subscribing to the idea that 'a lot of good those vacs were - not' style of thinking.  However, 6 months further on, I now like to believe that the vacs subdued my symptoms to a minimum having only suffered a couple of days being under the weather of which just one day was spent bed-bound.

I am now considering whether to subject myself to booster vacs number 4 and would be interested to know if anyone here is still continuing vacs within the anti-covid programme and as to how many vacs, to date, you have received?  💉

Funnily enough I've just booked my 4th booster for next week. I'm not in any of the groups at risk but knowing people who are still suffering terribly from the long covid they contracted pre vaccine I'm going to keep going until told otherwise.

We had our sixth jab just over two weeks ago. There were almost zero side effects this time from a French vaccine. Last week we both suffered from feeling very cold, shivering, runny nose, watering eyes and general tiredness. We can’t say if it was covid or just a delayed response to the vaccine but it has been very uncomfortable. I don’t suffer badly from hay fever unless the pollen count is very high but I have been taking a daily antihistamine pill to reduce some of the symptoms.

we are just coming out of it and I am back in the garden catching up on cutting back of weeds and trees.

We had our 5th jabs on 17 October 2022.

Soon afterwards I developed a persistent blocked and runny nose, my wife had no problems.

I bought two Covid tests on Dec 17; we both tested positive, but still had no other symptoms.

We had our 6th jabs on May 15, no side effects except slightly painful arms for 2 or 3 days, which didn't happen before.

I still have a blocked and runny nose, but my wife has no symptoms.

Edited by ssomon
grammar

8 hours ago, ssomon said:

We had our 5th jabs on 17 October 2022.

Soon afterwards I developed a persistent blocked and runny nose, my wife had no problems.

I bought two Covid tests on Dec 17; we both tested positive, but still had no other symptoms.

We had our 6th jabs on May 15, no side effects except slightly painful arms for 2 or 3 days, which didn't happen before.

I still have a blocked and runny nose, but my wife has no symptoms.

That's good to know that another person is suffering the the same side effects that I have had since jab no 3 however long ago that was.

The morning after jab no 3 I had uncontrollable sneezing fits and nose literally running like a tap - I walked around the rest of the day with tissues stuffed up my nose -  a really miserable state of affairs.

I still suffer with it to a greater or lesser degree depending on what I'm doing, or working inside or outside with the pollen.

I've recently found that the Sudafed nasal spray reduces the effects to a manageable level and gets rid of the blocked up nose feeling.

Both MOH and I have decided that enough is enough so no more Covid jabs.

OH and I are currently debating whether to get another booster. We were due one in December but both caught Covid late November and were told we'd have to wait until May so can get a jab now but having already had five jabs plus suffering from the virus itself can't really see the point anymore. 

4 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

OH and I are currently debating whether to get another booster. We were due one in December but both caught Covid late November and were told we'd have to wait until May so can get a jab now but having already had five jabs plus suffering from the virus itself can't really see the point anymore. 

OH has had 5 and I have had 4.

I also had covid twice and I have been recovering well from surgeries and cancer treatment so am not sure that I want any more jabs at the moment.  However, should the epicemic flare up again in a big way, I will reconsider.

I think OH is keen to carry on having the jabs.  It's his decision of course and I don't feel that I want to be responsible for swaying him one way or the other.

Interesting opinions and view points, particularly the sneezing and runny nose issue. Since December, when I tested positive, the sneezing etc has been epic to the extent that if it were an Olympic event I'm sure I'd make the podium. 🤧

When I got home from my walk at lunchtime, there was a message from the cabinet informing me I have an appointment on the 12th. As DL stated, 'I'll continue until I'm told to stop'.

I omitted, above, to add that at no time until I had read the replies here did I attribute any of my sneezing attacks to covid-19 or the vaccinations I had already received. I just put it down to dust generated from the Jøtul poele during winter and pollen during spring. It appears that it could well be a side effect of covid after all.

While I'm here – a 'sneezing' gag.

I was talking with my wife the other day regarding all this sneezing I was suffering and said “when I have these powerful sneezing attacks it causes me to have an erection”.

“Really” she said, seeming quite surprised.

“Yes” I replied, “do you think I ought to be taking something for It?”

“ I certainly do.” she said.

“Ok then. What do you suggest?”

With a beaming smile and a glint in her eye, “Pepper” she said.

I think thar all the replies to this thread mirror our experience. For us, multi-boosters, still caught it, not a problem.

What seems clear (and which many of the ‘experts) have been saying, is that it depends which particular strain you happen to get and how you as an individual happen to be affected..

I was very interested to read about the running noses.  I too have encountered the same effect, especially over the winter months.  When we stop during our walks/bike rides and I lean my head forward to pick up my drink, it just pours out (the nose not the drink!)

Makes a change from the stuffy nose I usually suffered from.

After about 6 months my runny and blocked nose seems to be clearing up.

My mouth is no longer dry in the morning due to breathing through it, but I have to avoid  sleeping on my back to prevent this, and snoring.