Charlie's bad day!

Deby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boggie said "....Hey Miki....do you still have to use IE for updates to XP?"

I haven't got XP now, as the chap who repaired my computer said when he took XP off, that XP was just Windows 2000 with bells on, and simply for all the people that like to have all the latest gizmos.

Now I cannot offer any back up to that and am simply led by them that knows !

I/E is a pain and so is O/E and a virus's playground, further quotes from the same chap.

So I haven't a clue as to how I can update Win. 2000 but I know a man who does!!

Ask me about Abacus's, horses and togger and I'm your man but this...............

Apparently, souvenirs with the wrong date on them could be worth a few bob. Not many trinkets have been made because there has not been great public enthusiasm for the wedding anyway. So, Souvenirs will be in short supply and those that have the wrong date will be of more interest to collectors. But don't expect to buy a £2.50 egg cup and sell it for a million next year!

[quote]Boggie said "....Hey Miki....do you still have to use IE for updates to XP?"I haven't got XP now, as the chap who repaired my computer said when he took XP off, that XP was just Windows 2000 with bell...[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Miki. Hope your horse does well on Saturday!...as I know you will be having a flutter.

With my luck in the national, the bookies have started to call it a "donation to their funds" rather than a flutter..

See the time has changed so Lugoles marriage isn't interfered with but I don't get why putting the national back to 16.15 will make any difference, as I thought the couple were getting married at lunch time ? !

They reckon wise money was in Windsor trying to grab as many of the souvenirs as they could with the wrong date on the Chinese imported goodies, sorry souvenirs.

[quote]So Charles and Camilla are not have a good time of it with regards their wedding plans - all the media intrusion/faux-pas/legal hassles and now it clashes with the Pope's funeral. I wonder if there h...[/quote]

**Bet she's gutted!!!!!**

ROFL!!!

[quote]I just cannot leave Joe53's comments and say nothing. I have tried and already deleted a post about this. I disagree completely with the comments made. I think that this funeral is overblown........[/quote]

** I think that this funeral is overblown......**

I don't which I am the sickest of hearing about; Teri Shiavo, the Pope or Chuck and Cam. Not their fault . . . it's the fault of the media and those who put up with it. The first two are sad and may C & C marry and lead happy lives for the rest of their days. In the end they are/were just people.

[quote]Doesn`t stop them getting pregnant at 15 and commiting adultery though does it? Mrs O[/quote]

What about coveting your neighbour's wife.  Charles didn't have to be a catholic to break that one.

Back on the wedding.  I doubt it's validity in Law.  The 'just impediment' question given by the registrar is a public question and open to objection by any member of the pubic.  The wedding being behind closed doors may constitute a failure of this declaration being 'public'.  Those who have tried to move a date of a civil wedding on a week's notice will probably be aware of the requirement to publish the notice and for that notice to de displayed for a requisite number of days.  New date and time , new notice, old notices invalid.  Am I wrong?  Someone call a lawyer!

Well I for one won't be watching either blokes in dresses waving smokey things about in Rome or chuck and cam doing their thing on TV this weekend. The Grand National now, that is WORTH watching as long as the horses and riders don't get hurt.

[quote]I just cannot leave Joe53's comments and say nothing. I have tried and already deleted a post about this. I disagree completely with the comments made. I think that this funeral is overblown........[/quote]

But TU, I agree with you entirely! From the media saturation with the Pope's death in the UK, you'd think Britain was a Catholic country ... Very overdone. But, whether you like it or not, you can't deny that the Pope story is bigger, much bigger, than the Charles and Camilla story. That's what I find amusing. I am not a believer but like you, I hope that the next Pope will be more willing to get to grips with real-world issues in a pragmatic way.

Jo

Me too, but it wil be a miracle if he does. And, if you are interested in these things, just how many times when writing do you not even have to think about whether to type he, or s/he?

In this post is did not even think about it, till now

tresco

Joe53, LOL I have no interest in Chaz and Cam marrying either. But I still don't understand how the pope's death was big news. He had been sick for weeks, he was old and everyone knew he was at death's door for quite some time.

And I understand that the wedding, the pope's death, the new pope will be reported on the news, a few minutes and maybe a separate docu/reportage.... however the journalists have shown that they have as much sense of reasonable as a turbulent two year old.

It was rather nice to see that there was news today, but I thought this thought too soon, as it was only good until that silly                     man who          can't string a             sentence together                   properly,         made his announcement.

Incidentally the announcement had a tenuous french link, anyone know what it is?

Miki wonders why Big-ears and the Horse's weeding ceremony is to be put on at lunchtime and the Grand National's time is moved to 1615 - to me it's obvious - it was done to give Big-ears time to get the Horse in the box, quick dash up to Aintree, saddled and mounted in time for the big race.  

Predictions about the next Pope

Old man

Will do nothing to encourage use of condoms so AIDS etc will Carry On Spreading (does anyone remember the wonderful back page cartoon in P Eye ?)

Uncontrolled breeding of poor Catholics many of whom will continue to live in abject poverty

Priests will contine to ****** little boys which the Church will do its best to publicly ignore while covering up with "no admission of guilt cash settlement" - wonder where the Black & White Minstrel got the idea ?

etc etc so just more of the same

As regards the adulterous duo, one of whom has ambitions to become Defender of Faiths, I care little whether C mounts C on the way to Aintree or not - but then I have not been invited.

John

not

[quote]Miki wonders why Big-ears and the Horse's weeding ceremony is to be put on at lunchtime and the Grand National's time is moved to 1615 - to me it's obvious - it was done to give Big-ears time to get t...[/quote]

Thanks for the tip, do you know what weight Chev Camilla is saddled with ?

I doubt there will be any need for lead in the saddle bags, HRH's ears must weigh a few kilos on their own !

If she is around 100 to 1 it might be worth an each way bet.

"As they come to the elbow, it's Jug ears giving all he's got and now is having to give the odd slap to Cammie, who looks very tired after going all the way with Juggie, will she make the full trip" !!

That's what we would all like to know I guess, has Jugs got any more "bits of spare" in the locker !

Is the Tower still an option do you know ? cos a few on here might be meeting up!

Jugs is supposed to be very well hung, according to the photogrophers who got the nude pics of him at the window that time.

In his 'class' all you have to do is mention that you like a woman, married or not, and she is made available - that is why he was able to continue his affair with C whilst she was still married - a gentleman of class knows his place and his wifes place wherever that may be regarding members of the upper echelons - nothing has changed over the centuries.

I don't think we mere common folk understand them at all and they certainly do not understand those that pay for their lifestyle. Charles has at least made some attempt to learn and understand subjects that were once forbidden to those of his class such as other religions, art, enviromental issues, archtecture and even the people of his country - he knows and understand about all of them to a degree that would baffle most - but then when you have nothing to look forward to you have to do something.

Those who want William as king have to understand that William does not want to do the job - he has said this many times. Far better for the queen to go on forever in neverland and William to get a chance to do his own thing, something that Charles never was allowed to do. The only one of that lot who does what and who he likes is the Greek man - who would not even leave his current 'friend' to be with his wife when her sister died. I gather he was on the Estate but would not leave his little house to make the huge journey.

A sad family and as I said before, I just hope that Charles gets some joy out of all this, he finally deserves it.

Sleeping Beauty, Tom Thumb, and Quasimodo were talking one day.

Sleeping Beauty said, "I believe myself to be the most beautiful girl in the world."

Tom Thumb said, "I must be the smallest person in the world."

Quasimodo said, "I absolutely have to be the ugliest person in the World."

They decided to go to the Guinness Book of World Records to have  their claims verified.  

Sleeping Beauty went first and came out looking deliriously happy.   "It's official, I AM the most beautiful girl in the world,"

Tom Thumb went next and emerged triumphant, "I AM officially the smallest person in the world."

Sometime later, Quasimodo came out looking confused and simply stated,

"Who the hell is Camilla Parker Bowles?"

[quote]And now poor old Prince Ranier has died. Is they going to throw another spanner in the works? BBC are really going to have their work cut out scheduling two funerals and a wedding and a horse race...[/quote]

Re Prince Ranier

I too was considering this. If funerals in France / Monaco (?) normally take place within 3 days of the death will this mean these major events will all be pretty much on the same day?

Doubt I shall see coverage of any of them as I will be in the wilds of Sweden.

Gill

I'm with you Teamedup. I too am rather fed up with the enormous amount of coverage being given to the death, life, and now funeral, the thousands quequing for up to 10 hours, bottled water handed out, just like the Olympics!! Enough, bury him, vote for another one if you must, and let's have news broadcasts with something else on them.

I don't think there is any divine intervention regarding the clash of dates, how about a little live and let live, let them get married on what ever date, where ever they can and again perhaps I can see some news on the telly.

Surely they are both aware of their mistakes and the toll it took on his first marriage and they have to live with that. However, there are much more important issues facing our world some of which are touched on by Teamedup let's hope someone, somewhere starts to address them.