FOOTY!

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Chancer"]

It seems every time I watch the local news there is another shocking report, this one is todays offering: http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin_-Ils-livraient-leur-fille-a-un-pedophile-quatre-ans-de-prison-pour-les-parents_6346-1432560-fils-tous_filDMA.Htm

Sadly very few of the cases of incest ever see the light of day.

[/quote]

Simple reason for that it has to either involve a minor or conversely involve rape. Incest between consenting adults in france is NOT a criminal offence.

Looks like it will be Argentina V Kaaskops in final.

[/quote]

Who or what is Kaaskops?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Chancer"]

It seems every time I watch the local news there is another shocking report, this one is todays offering: http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin_-Ils-livraient-leur-fille-a-un-pedophile-quatre-ans-de-prison-pour-les-parents_6346-1432560-fils-tous_filDMA.Htm

[/quote]

Simple reason for that it has to either involve a minor or conversely involve rape. Incest between consenting adults in france is NOT a criminal offence.

[/quote]

Strangly enough I remember this from something I read as I thought the law was odd. The law in France changed as of Jan 2010, it now illegal.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]  That player made a great sacrifice as he will certainly be banned from the semi final, and probably the final too. But he has got his country through. [/quote]

Great to think that a football player who is just a cheat makes 'a great sacrifice' - he was dirty throughout the game and he just cheated to stop another team actually winning, seems to encapsulate the whole ethos of the overpaid and arrogant divers, cheats and 'simulators'.  The guy should be banned for 2 years!

99% of people would have done the same thing. It was instinct. It was not the same as what Henry did where he had time to think about what he was doing. He was rightfully sent off, he will be banned for at least the next game which will put his country at a disadvantage, so it's not like there's been no punishment, unlike the Henry incident.

I agree with your comments about him being dirty throughout the game though.

Ghana still had a golden chance to win and blew it. No different to committing the professional foul when an attacker is one on one with the keeper.

We wouldn't even be having this conversation if Ghana had scored the pen.

There is barely a game played now that is not riddled with foul play. How did all of that shirt pulling and obstruction become acceptable and part and parcel of the game. I don't understand why the referee doesn't simply award free kicks whenever defenders do all of this pulling shirts and putting their arms out to obstruct players at free kicks and corners.

As for the lack of respect from players to the referee whenever the decision goes against them, do the same as in rugby and move the kick 10 yards if a player disputes the offence.

Change a few rules, come down hard on players by giving yellow and red cards for about half a dozen games then watch a change take place in attitudes.

All of that though is just fantasy as the game will continue to reward the cheats who dive to gain any advantage and the ones who strive to get an opponent sent off. I don't know why I watch it anymore.

I'll watch the Germany v Argentina game though and start my ranting all over again, as it's being so cheerful that keeps me going[:)].

Sorry CdL, you don't know that was instinct, you have no idea what was in his mind, he cheated, end of really.

About time FIFA bought in penalty goals for situations like that which may stop some of the cheats acting so instinctively, like when an opposition player brushes their leg they 'instinctively' fall over or the guy in another game who went down holding his head like he'd been hit by the assassins bullet when the replays showed he wasn't touched - there should be an instant replay and the referee should immediately red card the diver for his 'instinctive' cheating, cheating is cheating and until they get rid of dinosaurs like Sepp Blatter who seems to like the money without the responsibility for making the game clean, the cheats will continue to prosper.

They're dealing with racism well, now let's see them really clean up the game!

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Kaas=Cheese

Kop=Head

CheeseHeads

I hope the Argies smash the CheeseHeads in the finals.[:)]

[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation and nice to see a bit of honest sportsmanship. What's the quote "it's only a game", obviously not in the glory hunters world. [:D]

You can't blame Suarez for doing what he did, it was the last second of the game and he had nothing to lose.

If the ref hadn't seen it and the offence was unpunished , it would've been cheating,

This was not cheating  as no one was deceived , a penalty was given and the offending player  was sent off.

The ref gave the penalty and Ghana got their chance to win it from the spot, it is not Suarez fault that Gyan missed the ensuing penalty .

All this bashing of Suarez is inappropriate as,he didn't cheat.

The vicious irony of the Suarez handball is ;

Ghana would've been better off if the ref hadn't seen it as, once they missed the last minute penalty ,all their

players were mentally drained going in to the shootout.

ps.

I developed a massive sympathy for Ghana though, so unlucky!

Overall , the African nations did very well in the World cup

It was THE best game of the tournament so far.

I think you are wrong Leo, as in my world Suarez did cheat, but thats a matter of opinion. I know it made me feel sad to see Suarez running around "celebrating" at the end. I just think that  "Sport" has just taken another huge battering. [:(]

[quote user="LEO"]You can't blame Suarez for doing what he did, it was the last second of the game and he had nothing to lose.

If the ref hadn't seen it and the offence was unpunished , it would've been cheating,

This was not cheating  as no one was deceived , a penalty was given and the offending player  was sent off.

[/quote]

It was / is cheating even if the Ref sees it. The goal should have been given. No penalty, just send off the perp and ban him for two years.

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Chancer"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Strangly enough I remember this from something I read as I thought the law was odd. The law in France changed as of Jan 2010, it now illegal.

[/quote]

Pedantically the law changed after publication in the JO on 9th february 2010; on the previous day Michel Huyette posted on the subject in the Paroles de Juges Blog.

http://www.huyette.net/article-l-inceste-et-le-code-penal-44401675.html

I note that you have "bolded" a section of my post , see above, and presume that your " it now illegal" applies to the bolded statement.

The law in fact precludes the consent of the minor as a defence; it does NOTHING in respect of consent between adults engaging in incest.

Would that it did!!!     I would greatly enjoy the pleasure of denouncing ( en délation ou d'autre manière) some local french citizens.

Back to footy got to rush now and put on my "Las Malvinas son Argentinas" tee shirt before going to friends to watch the game against the Krauts.[:D]

Pachapapa wrote:

Back to footy got to rush now and put on my "Las Malvinas son Argentinas" tee shirt before going to friends to watch the game against the Krauts. [:D]

I suppose you will want to be selling the shirt now? In case you hadn't noticed; Argentina have  lost, just like the old days in 1983. The Falklands are British mate and will stay so.  [:D]

[quote user="NickP"]

Pachapapa wrote:

Back to footy got to rush now and put on my "Las Malvinas son Argentinas" tee shirt before going to friends to watch the game against the Krauts. [:D]

I suppose you will want to be selling the shirt now? In case you hadn't noticed; Argentina have  lost, just like the old days in 1983. The Falklands are British mate and will stay so.  [:D]

[/quote]

No brazil No argentina Looks like the Kraut Krusher is unstoppable. Kome on Uruguay and Paraguay.[:'(]

Suarez was to all intents and purposes in goal, I think he reacted instinctively. Technically cheating  but I hope over moderation doesn't kill football, you win some you lose some and things like this give us something to talk about, and the ghanians did have a penalty.

my money is on Germany[:D]

[quote user="Gardener"]

Suarez was to all intents and purposes in goal, I think he reacted instinctively. Technically cheating  but I hope over moderation doesn't kill football, you win some you lose some and things like this give us something to talk about, and the ghanians did have a penalty.

my money is on Germany[:D]

[/quote]

100 percent correct