FOOTY!

In the privacy of the dressing room, right, ... but echoed by L'équipe and the news on TV as soon as 12 today!

So that no one ignores it now, kids included.

And I think it's a good thing that he was sent back , so that especially kids realize that words are sometimes mightier than the sword. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="LEO"][quote user="Frenchie"]

[quote user="NickP"] after all these people are heroes to kids, and if they publicly say things, young impressionable kids will do the same. .[/quote]

YES, that' s exactly what I tried to say in one of my previous messages.

And even if only for that reason, these pople must get excluded.

I work in education as most people on the forum know, and we spend our time telling the kids that if they insult anyone they will be punished, so the " superstars" they admire , and sometimes worship! must set an example. 

[/quote]

Nicolas Anelka did not utter anything in public . (it was in the privacy of the dressing room)

He was not sent home because he swore at the  "Manager".

He was sent home because he refused to apologise

[/quote]

A good post.

In my opinion very pertinent to mention the "not in public" aspect, cetainly very different from OTHERS who see fit to call other small people "Pauvre cons" in a very public environment.

One wonders how the story landed up "sur La Une" of the L'Equipe to embarass the FFF and prompt sarkozy to comment at a public confrence in the company of the Russian President in St Petersburg.

Perhaps a clue can be gleaned from the statement made by Patric Evra the french team captain:

Quote "«Le problème, c’est le traitre qui est parmi nous. C’est ce traître qu’il faut éliminer du groupe. Nicolas Anelka n’est pas le problème.»
The statement of course referring to an inside source spilling the beans to the press. I would just make the observation that both the FFF and the President noted the "ethical values of the French Football Federation; it seems that that stalwart figure of "delation" is as respected within the federation as in society at large.

Quoiqu'il en soit, c'est une très bonne chose qu'un peu de ménage soit fait dans ce milieu de plus en plus perverti.

It is contrary to the basic rules of sport.  " You respect the referee and the coach," that s what kids are taught in sport clubs.

If I insulted my boss, I'd have problems, so why would Anelka be different?

Even if someone spilled the beans, I don't mind.

Quoiqu'il en soit, c'est une très bonne chose qu'un peu de ménage soit fait dans ce milieu de plus en plus perverti.

§ I have no personal knowledge of the relatve increase in the degree of perversion in french football, so I can only "respect" your superior judgment, as to anelka, as a muslim the tenets of his faith may give him guidance and strength to resist perversion.

It is contrary to the basic rules of sport.  " You respect the referee and the coach," that s what kids are taught in sport clubs

§ Respect is earned and has nothing to do with the rules of any sport; I feel you are confusing respect with the principle of obedience to authority inculcated in french children..

§ I fail to see the importance of your boss; I would have hoped that you would refrain from insulting all and sundry, including the night soil collector.

§ I would not expect you to mind as I presume the french symbiotic relation with "delation" as being widely endorsed.

Quand un président ose un " Casse toi pov con " faut pas demander à un footeux de parler en vers.[:)]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

It is contrary to the basic rules of sport.  " You respect the referee and the coach," that s what kids are taught in sport clubs

§ Respect is earned and has nothing to do with the rules of any sport; I feel you are confusing respect with the principle of obedience to authority inculcated in french children.. Well, at the école de rugby my son was taught that and I approve.

Are UK children better educated??

§ I fail to see the importance of your boss; I would have hoped that you would refrain from insulting all and sundry, including the night soil collector. We live in society, and society has rules, yes, I think I would only insult if insulted first.

§ I would not expect you to mind as I presume the french symbiotic relation with "delation" as being widely endorsed.

La provoc, désolée, ça ne marche pas... [:D]

Quand un président ose un " Casse toi pov con " faut pas demander à un footeux de parler en vers.[:)]

C'est la seule chose sur laquelle nous soyons d'accord.

PS : Vivez vous en france monsieur  Pachapapa ?

[/quote]

Anelka, what he said, and wherever he said it he insulted the manager, because it was done in the dressing room doesn't make it acceptable. Once he got sent home the public would always  ask why? and indeed find out   Wayne Rooney mouthed off to a television camera. The outcome of both situations was both rants finished up public property.

Should have sent Domenech back. The man is clueless and is only still in the job on the back of Zidane dragging France to the final of the last world cup.

I think Laurant Blanc will do a good job for Les Bleus and will strip the squad, get rid of the has beens and draw in new fresh, hungry players.

England should do the same thing too.

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]Should have sent Domenech back. The man is clueless and is only still in the job on the back of Zidane dragging France to the final of the last world cup.

I think Laurant Blanc will do a good job for Les Bleus and will strip the squad, get rid of the has beens and draw in new fresh, hungry players.

England should do the same thing too.[/quote]

The majority of knowledgeable French football fans would rather, Domenech was sent home and Anelka stayed!

[quote user="NickP"]Anelka, what he said, and wherever he said it he insulted the manager, because it was done in the dressing room doesn't make it acceptable. Once he got sent home the public would always  ask why? and indeed find out   Wayne Rooney mouthed off to a television camera. The outcome of both situations was both rants finished up public property.[/quote]

So what exactly did he say?

Basically told him to go and make love to himself.

Le sulk is back, but there are big factions in that team and the only way forward for France is to start from scratch.

I can understand why there is little respect for the manager. And I also believe that authority must continually earn its respect too, it's a two way street.

They have been as bad as England this wc.

[quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Frenchie"]

yeahhhh  " A la Zizou " !!

But I'd better shut my g*b, I 'm not a " knowledgeable French football fan " .. [;-)]

[/quote]

Be an uphill task with a shower like "les chamois" playing every saturday.[:)]

[/quote]

I was born in Marseille.. [:D]

[quote user="Frenchie"][quote user="pachapapa"][quote user="Frenchie"]

yeahhhh  " A la Zizou " !!

But I'd better shut my g*b, I 'm not a " knowledgeable French football fan " .. [;-)]

[/quote]

Be an uphill task with a shower like "les chamois" playing every saturday.[:)]

[/quote]

I was born in Marseille.. [:D]

[/quote]

OM got a better coach than les girondins used to have.[:)]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="NickP"]Anelka, what he said, and wherever he said it he insulted the manager, because it was done in the dressing room doesn't make it acceptable. Once he got sent home the public would always  ask why? and indeed find out   Wayne Rooney mouthed off to a television camera. The outcome of both situations was both rants finished up public property.[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I'm far from being an expert in the French language, but my understanding is that he Anelka, asked him to do something which I believe to be physically impossible, and insulted his mother. But as you often like to practise your linguistic skills on this forum I suggest that it would be no problem for you to do a little research in the French press. As for Rooney I am not going to lower myself to repeat the expletive he used when querying  the fans who booed him. [:P]

I assume " L'Equipe" know what they are talking about, and I agree 100% with what they've written.

Consternant. Lamentable. Pitoyable. Les mots manquent pour qualifier la bassesse des paroles qui auraient été prononcées par le footballeur professionnel Nicolas Anelka à son sélectionneur Raymond Domenech selon le quotidien sportif L’Équipe

On peut reprocher beaucoup de choses à Raymond Domenech. Mais les paroles de l’attaquant à son encontre, si elles sont avérées, sont intolérables. Elles donnent surtout une image désastreuse de ces joueurs pourris par le fric qui ne respectent plus rien ni personne (le salaire d’Anelka dépasserait les 400.000 euros mensuels) . Elles dénotent une sale mentalité.

Does anyone have a correct translator to translate this into English?

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="pachapapa"]

[/quote]

Well I'm far from being an expert in the French language, but my understanding is that he Anelka, asked him to do something which I believe to be physically impossible, and insulted his mother.  [:P]

[/quote]

No, what he said is physically possible ...........

[quote user="LEO"]
The majority of knowledgeable French football fans would rather, Domenech was sent home and Anelka stayed!
[/quote]

Not so sure ..............

From a well known French football forum

" A 13h30, sur près de 500 votants, 87% des internautes de Sport24.com demandaient l'exclusion de Nicolas Anelka "