FOOTY!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice part of SA, I prefer George to Knysna.

Funny world 2006 a passionate supporter of france, got thrown off an IT forum in South America for taking he piss out of Argentina.

Funny world 2010 passionate supporter of Argentina. But perfect result of the french farce would be a thrashing by Bafana Bafana.[:D]

Just a couple of loose ends to tie up for me as this topic is now getting a little surrealistic.

My dear Frenchie,

"No, what he said is physically possible"

I obviously bow to your superior knowledge of the French Language. But I didn't think my interpretation was that far out, Hmmm; I must pay more attention next time I'm in the local Bar  [B]

Mr CdeL

"Obviously 87% don't know what they're talking about ;) "

Wonderfully balanced argument, proves you are a true football supporter [Www]

Mr Pachapapa, (What does that mean)?

Why do you always write in riddles?

" Funny world 2006 a passionate supporter of france, got thrown off an IT forum in South America for taking he piss out of Argentina.

Funny world 2010 passionate supporter of Argentina."

and also where do you get all those wonderful old fashioned words that are no longer used by us mere mortals? [geek]

[quote user="NickP"]

Just a couple of loose ends to tie up for me as this topic is now getting a little surrealistic.

Mr Pachapapa, (What does that mean)?

Why do you always write in riddles?

" Funny world 2006 a passionate supporter of france, got thrown off an IT forum in South America for taking he piss out of Argentina.

Funny world 2010 passionate supporter of Argentina."

and also where do you get all those wonderful old fashioned words that are no longer used by us mere mortals? [geek][/quote]

Interesting questions Nick, and no doubt there will be an interesting response once Mr P has consulted his favourite search engine.

[:D]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

1) Nice part of SA, I prefer George to Knysna.

2) Funny world 2006 a passionate supporter of france, got thrown off an IT forum in South America for taking he piss out of Argentina.

Funny world 2010 passionate supporter of Argentina. But perfect result of the french farce would be a thrashing by 3)  Bafana Bafana.[:D]

[/quote]

@NP

Re:  1) reference to image above of hotel used by french team at Knysna in South Africa close to the town of George on the garden Route between Kaapstad and Port Elizabeth.

Re: 2) In 1998,2002,2006 I supported France , this year I support Argentina. A change in loyalties.

Re: 3) Bafana is the plural of the word umfaan, meaning young man. The word comes from Nguni a language group common in Southern Africa. The principal nguni speaking people in SA are the Xhosa and Zulu. The term Bafana Bafana is used by the people of SA to refer to their national "footy" team.

After Italie v Nouvelle Zelande game on France 2 the following Stade 2 Programme will apparently touch on the events at the Knysna training ground this afternoon. Perhaps it will be revealed as to what provoked the following.."Jean-Louis Valentin, le directeur général de la FFF, part à pied en râlant:: « C’est une honte, je rentre à Paris. Etre footballeur n'autorise pas tout. J'ai honte pour les Français. Je démissionne.»

Previously there had been a violent "altercation" between Patrick Evra the french team captain and the " préparateur".

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]I agree. Domenech is showing what a poor manager he is. England should do the same with Capello too actually. Get someone in who knows how to play attacking football instead of this defensive Italian rubbish.[/quote]

Agreed NZ came close to beating those ****** who upset Zizou.   Good luck to the Slovacos.

Turn the clock back a couple of weeks and it appeared as if the media was saying how Capello was like a breath of fresh air and was the best coach since Alf Ramsey. At the same time all the talk was about how (yet again) it was England's best chance since 66 to win the cup, what with all of our world class players!!!

Oh how the worms have turned.

[quote user="Weedon"]

Turn the clock back a couple of weeks and it appeared as if the media was saying how Capello was like a breath of fresh air and was the best coach since Alf Ramsey. At the same time all the talk was about how (yet again) it was England's best chance since 66 to win the cup, what with all of our world class players!!!

Oh how the worms have turned.

[/quote]

Even when England were "storming" their way through the simple group stages of qualification, it was obvious to me that England didn't have it in them to win.

The best squad and players since 66 were in 1990. That was the closest to a golden generation England have had since.

Out of this lot, only Rooney and perhaps Gerrard are the only world class players England have and I really use that term loosely as neither have done it properly at the top level.

And Gerrard is now past it as his form last season has shown.

And what happened to Capello only picking in form players for his team? Why is Heskey even in the squad, let alone the team. They guy is only a sub for Villa!!!

England need to pick an English manager. Hodgson or Redknapp would be better options than Capello.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

[quote user="LEO"]
The majority of knowledgeable French football fans would rather, Domenech was sent home and Anelka stayed!
[/quote]

Not so sure ..............

From a well known French football forum

" A 13h30, sur près de 500 votants, 87% des internautes de Sport24.com demandaient l'exclusion de Nicolas Anelka "

[/quote]

From a well known France 2 Sport Programme Stade 2.

Opinion Poll.

In a poll run in the last 24 hours participants were invited to confirm their support for the french in tuesdays final group game against South Africa. 75% of the participants voted  NO and would not be supporting the national side.

" In 1998,2002,2006 I supported France , this year I support Argentina. A change in loyalties."

So you are an admitted glory hunter, I'm not surprised? [:P]

So come on, whats the secret about pachapapa ? [8-)]

And the old fashioned rarely used words that you normally seem to love are English mate, no one mentioned Bafana Bafana [geek]

Sam, I can't believe that you're so cynical,  or are you still waiting for the name of the dentist as well? [:D]

[quote user="NickP"]

" In 1998,2002,2006 I supported France , this year I support Argentina. A change in loyalties."

So you are an admitted glory hunter, I'm not surprised? [:P]

So come on, whats the secret about pachapapa ? [8-)]

And the old fashioned rarely used words that you normally seem to love are English mate, no one mentioned Bafana Bafana [geek]

Sam, I can't believe that you're so cynical,  or are you still waiting for the name of the dentist as well? [:D]

[/quote]

An Argentinian daughter arrives Sunday 11th July, so decided to support her team, the glorious win will be much enjoyed.

Pachapapa a word used by quechua speaking people but not so frequently as the feminine pachamama.

[IMG]http://en.neomarco.com/medias/0000/5505/P1010977.JPG[/IMG]

bafana Zulu was the first foreign language learnt.

The dentist lives in Niort.

See F likes your humour with THREE SMILEYS.....funny cant find the half-smileys on the board.

Good answers Pachapapa, it took a while but I like a challenge. Now I'll tell you a storey

Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs.

The seven dwarfs always left early each morning to go work in the mine  
As always, Snow White stayed home doing her domestic chores, As lunchtime approached, she would prepare their
lunch and carry it to the mine.
One day as she arrived at the mine with the lunch, she saw that there had been a terrible cave-in.

Tearfully, and fearing the worst, Snow White began calling out, hoping against hope that the dwarfs had
somehow survived.
'Hello...Hello!' she shouted. 'Can anyone hear me? Hello!'

For a long while, there was no answer. Losing hope, Snow White again shouted, 'Hello! Is
anyone down there?'Just as she was about to give up all hope, she
heard a faint voice from deep within the mine, singing;

"ENGLAND, ENGLAND FOR THE WORLD CUP"

Scroll down

Snow White fell to her knees and prayed,
'Oh, thank you, God! At least Dopey is still alive. [:D]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

Back to "footy".[:)]

But still contiuing with little people, it appears that the chief has taken things in hand.

Perhaps he will do a "karcher" and banish them all to Robben Island.

[/quote]

Who we talking about now the oompa loompas? You really know how to keep a thread going mate.