Living France Fun Trivia Quiz - Just for fun

Russethouse

Hypothesis emerging. Scores are higher after 2 pints but decline after more. Scores completely useless when not lubricated.

Edit later. Yes my scores are consistently worse when completely sober !

Is there any sponsorship available for me to do a true bank of tests ? Evaluate the different effects of different malt whiskies etc.? Could I turn that into a phd and get Govt. money ?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`m going worse! BUT, I spotted a spelling/grammar mistake in question 7 on Geography, It said `their are 4 bridges etc etc`

I couldn`t put the question into perspective until I realised it should have said `there are etc etc.

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]Dotty has been busy with visitors, she told me to tell you all she'll be back tomorrow evening[:)][/quote]

Oh so nice of her to tell you.  I havnt heard a pip after all the running around I have been doing.  I want her BANNED

[/quote]

Thanks KKK, got Twinkles email before yours and asked her to let you all know I'm still here but not able to log in as Dotty0.  Had a reply from admin about my loggin, but only been able to try this evening.  Unfortunately it still doesn't work, so loggin in as Dottytrois. 

My Mums mum died last week, so have been a bit preoccupied with that.  See My Mum lives in France and my gran lived in Ireland, so lots of tooing and froing.

Dotty

Tresco

No sadly I couldn't go, what with kids at school and OH away in UK, but spent lots of time visiting parents before and after the big heave ho.  My Mum is the eldest and so am I, so quite alot falls on ones shoulders if you know what I mean, especially living in a new country for us both.  Irish families are quite close and death is a very important part of life. 

I'm not very happy about using Dotty trois, but until Dotty0 is usable it will have to do.

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]

...My Mum is the eldest and so am I, so quite alot falls on ones shoulders if you know what I mean.  Irish families are quite close and death is a very important part of life.  [/quote]

Hi

I wondered how you would be able to go...I was thinking logistical nightmare.[:(]

At least you are relatively near your mum here.

I'm not the oldest but still I think I know what you mean, because my mum was the oldest child, and my oldest sis (who is the oldest 'grandchild') is my closest sister, so she's got me, anyway, to help with some of the responsability. OH and I both have Irish mothers.

We have had quite a few deaths in the last few years. Swings and roundabouts isn't it? I was in my late 30's before I realised just how many Aunts, Uncles and Cousins I had (not to mention 8 Siblings) the vast majority of whom are likely to die before me. Still, I wouldn't ever wish for a different family. It's hard for my mum though, because all her sibs are going out of what might be the expected 'order'.

Yes, just tot tricky to organsie.  Sometimes you just have to put your own family first, not that its always welcome of course.  Probably why I'm a bit disapointed by the attitude of some here, I feel like I've been pulled form pillar to post and was looking forward to getting back to normality. Seems I've ruffled a few feathers.

Dotty. I was kidding about the pms from Gay and James!!!! I was being stupid, and I'm sorry.[:$]

I do know Katie has been trying to help you, and the mods and admin have in their way, but really - no ruffled feathers that I made out.

I'm sorry if I mislead you. We've missed you Dotty O.

I sent you a pm before, Dotty Trois

Thanks, perhaps I'm being too sensitive at the moment.  Its really nice to know that folk are concerned for you, its just that the written word can be taken in many different ways.

I will take it in a light manner.[:)]

Please take it lightly Dotty.  I thought you was logged out but still viewing and following the story.  I had the Rescue Dotty Foundation as my signiture and tried pm ing you and emailing you but you were obviously unaware with your current troubles. Russet house was trying lots of different things and was contacting James to help.  We have been pm'ing each other with ideas to get you back on.

Sling your hook thing was just a joke as I was pretending to be upset because you pm'd Twinkle.

It's lovely to see you back anyway. 

Thank you its good to be back.  Its strange though how things move on in such a short space of time.  The quiz, the lounge what other new things have been going on, oh or should I put that in the lounge?

Will have another go at the quiz later and try to redeem myself, 1/10 is pretty poor.

Dotty

I've just got to have a boast, being such a modest young thing!  Just now, I did the quiz (thanks for thr fun, russet).  AND I am (currently) second.  Amazing.  Is it beginners' luck? I shall have to put this to the case tomorrow.  Can't wait...

YEEHA!! I am top of the list so far today!...  10/10 in 97seconds!...

Russethouse did you really take 34158 seconds at your game on 30/4!... I make that a record for slowest answering back, equivalent to 9 hours, 48 minutes and 8 seconds!!

[quote user="Russethouse"] But I still won !!! No, I don't what happened but the fun trivia site had been down and came back with some very weird stuff - very odd![/quote]

Of course it did!!  [Www]  We all believe you!! [Www] [Www]