Living France Fun Trivia Quiz - Just for fun

Russethouse

No big secret as to who I am, I just don't post that often - I think I've only posted in driving in France and B&B to date - but I read a lot of postings and couldn't resist the quiz.  Don't know if I dare have a go today - I think yesterday must have been beginner's luck. 

Yes, Oberon is king of the fairies (but don't tell my wife[;-)])

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry John, just done it. Hope you manage to beat my score, though it was nice nice to be briefly top, after missing the fact yesterday that it was timed, so did it in between other tasks and took forever.

Yes, they are different questions. Out of curiosity I asked a friend to do it, and she told me about a couple of difficult questions, and when I got to do it there was a whole new set of questions. So even if I had wanted to cheat I couldn't. I'm sure there must be a way though - stopping the timer and googling all the answers perhaps?

[quote user="oberon"]

No big secret as to who I am, I just don't post that often - I think I've only posted in driving in France and B&B to date - but I read a lot of postings and couldn't resist the quiz.  Don't know if I dare have a go today - I think yesterday must have been beginner's luck. 

[/quote]

Oh please do it again ! Don't be such a fairy!!![;-)]

Woh!  Did you see that?  Coco got 10/10 and beat Will by ONE second!!!!  I can't have a go as St Amour now cos I won't be able to do THAT again[:D][:D][:D]  Especially as the questions obviously change all the time, so I can't even cheat by having a go as St Amour[:(]

[quote user="Will "]

So even if I had wanted to cheat I couldn't. I'm sure there must be a way though - stopping the timer and googling all the answers perhaps?

[/quote]

How on earth did you get to be a mod?  Naughty boy![Www]

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="oberon"]

[/quote]

Oh please do it again ! Don't be such a fairy!!![;-)]

[/quote]

Who're you calling a fairy??  I was putting more of an emphasis on the KING myself. [;-)] couldn't resist having another go but I couldn't repeat yesterday's performance I'm afraid.  I said it was beginner's luck.

[quote user="oberon"]

No big secret as to who I am, I just don't post that often - I think I've only posted in driving in France and B&B to date - but I read a lot of postings and couldn't resist the quiz. 

[/quote]

Well, congratulations anyway, Oberon. [:D] Clearly we need more posters of such splendid intellect. Er... we do, don't we ??

BTW, just between the two of us, did you get the croissant question too?? 

[quote user="Russethouse"]

This might be fun to try - its an online quiz with questions that change every day. I have set it up so that it 'should' be a mix of French and UK based questions, but if the level is wrong I can alter it.

You have to register the first time, then should be able to go straight in. One feature of the Quiz is that once you have submitted your answers, you get your score and a brief explanation about each question.

Please let me have some feedback on this - if you like it, too difficult, too easy [:(] etc

This is the link:

http://my.funtrivia.com/tournament/Living-France-Quiz--Just-for-Fun-52151.html

[/quote]

If nothing else it certainly occupied a dull 1/2 hour in the office at lunchtime...

On the whole fairly easy, but then it is only easy if you know all the answers... Very informative... Maybe a more balance half and half questions France/UK... though I know how hard quizzes are to set up.

Can't wait for the new quizz tomorrow!... More!...

The questions I got today seemed to be mostly about France, but with the odd Northern Ireland and UK geography/politics one thrown in. But as we know, we don't all get the same questions.

[:)]I had a good day the first day, the next was rubbish and today I'm back on track - that's the way it goes.  Wish I could have questions on France all the time - but that wouldn't be fair for the people who live in Britain and only visit France occasionally.

Don't start trying to please everyones question preferences - you'll never do it!  It's fine the way it is Gay

What I thought I would do is give this selection a month then have a look at changing one or two categories, although it will still be French/ English based.

I do another one that the company provide themselves but its very 'transatlantic', questions about baseball teams, US TV shows etc..............

[quote user="TWINKLE"]Dotty has been busy with visitors, she told me to tell you all she'll be back tomorrow evening[:)][/quote]

Oh so nice of her to tell you.  I havnt heard a pip after all the running around I have been doing.  I want her BANNED