Where's the Summer Gone??

I don't know about anyone else but the weather here has been appalling for weeks! We had literally sweltering temperatures about three weeks ago, for a couple of days it was 30C in the shade, and since then it has been overcast, humid and almost constantly raining. It's almost like being back in the UK.

Been out and about today in the northern part of 17 and it did rain most of the day.  Not only that, there was quite a cold wind.

Rain forecast for next 3 days.

Still, we managed to have our picnic between showers even though the last course had to be eaten in the car and the rain held off until I have walked the dog this evening.

Sorry, but I don't feel I have anything to complain about![:$]

Last year, or maybe two years' ago someone posted that every year since they had been here had been an exceptional one. It looks like this year is going to be another exception. The weather here is just boring, rain, rain and more rain.

Hoddy

[quote user="NormanH"]Some people do: [:(]
http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-divers/2010-06/le-var-en-proie-aux-inondations-l-aeroport-de-toulon-ferme-5883344.html
[/quote]

So now I can be thankful that I can't afford to live in those expensive places! 

Hadn't realised it's been that severe down there.

Hope you have plenty of caulking for the barrel?

BTW, thought the nation's favourite aria was a bit sad as well....

We also had heavy rain for a large part of the day, although the orange alert was lifted. [:)]

Not only that, but our visitors were meant to leave from Montpellier this afternoon, but couldn't as they were caught up in an air traffic controllers' strike. [:(]  The first seats available were for Friday, but by the time we got to the front of the queue they were all gone, and only 4 were left for Saturday. There we were planning on heading back, kicking the shoes off and flopping about. So still hosting, although they actually sleep at the residence 2 minutes away from our apartment.

We heard from our son that their weather in SE UK was very pleasant today.

Todays rain has effectively ruined this years hay crop for us. Cut it last week, turned it twice and about five hours before it was due to be bailed on Monday, we had a torrential downpour, then the same today, all day, effectively ruining it.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

[quote user="NormanH"]Some people do: [:(]
http://lci.tf1.fr/france/faits-divers/2010-06/le-var-en-proie-aux-inondations-l-aeroport-de-toulon-ferme-5883344.html
[/quote]

So now I can be thankful that I can't afford to live in those expensive places! 

Hadn't realised it's been that severe down there.

[/quote]

My parents live there, and I called them tonight, my mum said it had beenraining non stop since th previous day 4 pm..

They re alright, their house is on top of a hill, but my sister 's garage has already been flooded. Hope the rest of the house will be OK .

Temps de *****, oui !!

[quote user="WJT"]

Horrible!! [:(]

I haven't heard the term global warming in a while. I definitely think it is global cooling, they had it right in the 70's after all!

[/quote]

I don't think Saturday night fever is quite what we mean by global warming [Www]