Trump !

I was just wondering how many of you are horrified at the thought of him being nominated this year and more than likely (vs Biden) becoming re-elected as President?

Some of you might be happy at that idea and I totally respect that view (well, sort-of!).

I think that I can predict the ‘general view’.

If I were American, I'd vote for Biden regardless of whether I think he will be the better candidate.  Would just love to see what Trump will do this time should Biden beat him once more to the White House.

What shade of orange will his face turn?  Where would he encourage his horde of rough necks to rampage?  The Pentagon, Fort Knox, where?  Which lawyer or judge will he try to bribe or threaten to demand a recount?

• Like 1

I cannot understand why the system in the USA can select a convicted sex offender, proven serial liar and fraudster as the best of the best of the best representative of their country.  Even religious people support him.

To me it says for more about the values of the country than just the man

Then again, Boris (who I understand is getting paid £1,000,000 for his column) has written supporting him, which puts the UKs views in the same bucket!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lehaut said:

I cannot understand why the system in the USA can select a convicted sex offender, proven serial liar and fraudster as the best of the best of the best representative of their country.  Even religious people support him.

To me it says for more about the values of the country than just the man

Then again, Boris (who I understand is getting paid £1,000,000 for his column) has written supporting him, which puts the UKs views in the same bucket!

"I cannot understand why the system in the USA can select a convicted sex offender"

You need to understand that Donald Trump is not a convicted sex offender. It was a civil case not a criminal prosecution.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/05/16/no-trump-is-not-required-to-register-as-a-sex-offender-fact-check/70217795007/

Now let's look at some real lying and corruption with all the bank records and copies of cheques now in the public domain.

Yes it's the lifting of the stone that the Biden Crime Family has been hiding under and look what slithered out !

"Joe Biden received $40,000 in laundered China money from the account of his brother, James Biden, and his sister-in-law, Sara Biden, in the form of a personal check (including an image of the cheque)

https://oversight.house.gov/release/comer-reveals-how-joe-biden-received-laundered-china-money/

And that's just the tip of the Biden family chinese-dollar iceberg.

Why hasn't Biden been prosecuted, impeached, etc?

4 hours ago, Lori said:

Being American, I'm left with no choice.  I have to vote for a half dead man to attempt to keep a total lunatic out of the White House.

Happy ...  NO.

Lori, I understand how you feel.  But I hope to be voting in the UK election and, like you, I shall have no real choice.  Vote for a party which has destroyed public services and are responsible for getting us out of the EU or a party with no clue how to set the country back on its feet.

I can't understand how the choice seems to be going to be between two very old men.

In France the President is 46 years old and  the Prime minister 34.

Rivals include MLP who is 55 years old and her sidekick Jordan Bardella who look as if he will lead the campaign for the Euro Elections for her party , and he is 28 years old.

I thought that Europe was supposed to be the "Old Continent" !

4 hours ago, Lori said:

Nah, old, white men have been running the U.S. since the dawn of time.

Why do I get an inclination, Barack Obama would give you an argument? He was, after all, only 47. 😉

10 hours ago, cajal said:

Why do I get an inclination, Barack Obama would give you an argument? He was, after all, only 47. 😉

True, but look what they did to him.  Making nearly every move he made impossible.  Trump is still saying he'd get rid of Obamacare.

On 24/01/2024 at 19:47, menthe said:

If I were American, I'd vote for Biden regardless of whether I think he will be the better candidate.  Would just love to see what Trump will do this time should Biden beat him once more to the White House.

What shade of orange will his face turn?  Where would he encourage his horde of rough necks to rampage?  The Pentagon, Fort Knox, where?  Which lawyer or judge will he try to bribe or threaten to demand a recount?

awesomeorangemanbad.JPG