A sign of trouble to come

Here's my tuppence's worth.  I suggest that "normal" is like "average", nobody is actually normal or average.

Average is really tricky as we are all on a spectrum.  The average numbers of fingers of say everybody in France is not 10, more likely 9 and a bit.  Many more people would have lost fingers than people born with extra digits.

I stand being abnormal and far from average.

20 hours ago, JohnM said:

Please re read all your comments and consider whether they could easily be interpreted in a way that you perhaps didn't intend.

If someone can't (easily) interpret what I have plainly written then perhaps they shouldn't comment! How plain does it have to be, Janet and John level?

• Haha 1

On 14/05/2023 at 17:37, Ken said:

I, for one, am sick of the 'woke' attitude that seems to exist today. Queers, trans, perverts!  Homophobia? What's wrong with normal?  

Can you explain your interpretation of normal? Also, are you saying queers AND trans AND perverts, or queers and trans ARE perverts? 

Brain firmly in gear.

5 hours ago, betise said:

Can you explain your interpretation of normal? Also, are you saying queers AND trans AND perverts, or queers and trans ARE perverts? 

Brain firmly in gear.

I read it as and, not are.

10 hours ago, Ken said:

If someone can't (easily) interpret what I have plainly written then perhaps they shouldn't comment! How plain does it have to be, Janet and John level?

Oh, don't worry, I'm pretty sure I know both what you said and the message that you were trying to convey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, betise said:

Brain firmly in gear.

Open any dictionary and you will find the interpretation of the word 'normal', also the word abnormal. To help you though, if it is 'abnormal' it is not 'normal', by definition.  As regards your question, There are trans, there are queers, there are also perverts, the list is almost endless!  It's quite possible that some in those categories are all three definitions. equally there will be some who are abnormal in only one category. 

13 hours ago, JohnM said:

Oh, don't worry, I'm pretty sure I know both what you said and the message that you were trying to convey.

Your are 'pretty sure' you know what I said and what I mean? Still not 'in gear' then?

Ladies & Gentlemen ..........

The thing to always remember with Ken is that he always has to have ‘the last word’.

It’s more than tiresome and as long as he continues to frequent this Forum, we may sadly have to live with it.  More than a few have already been driven away by him.

I’ve been trying to imagine a worse surprise attendee at dinner with friends.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gardian said:

Ladies & Gentlemen ..........

The thing to always remember with Ken is that he always has to have ‘the last word’.

It’s more than tiresome and as long as he continues to frequent this Forum, we may sadly have to live with it.  More than a few have already been driven away by him.

I’ve been trying to imagine a worse surprise attendee at dinner with friends.  

And yet more for the ladies and gentlemen!  I was wondering when this poster would enter the fray! As usual with nothing to say. Oh, and I'm so grateful to be allowed on 'his' forum. 

I've no proof but I don't believe that Ken really exists. I think he's an algorithm designed to attach itself to various words and phrases and then aggressively post something inflammatory . Some of the sentence structures are a little off. Also there are the times he contradicts himself between threads. Then there's 'shadow Ken'. 

I've stopped engaging directly. You can't argue with an algorithm.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2