• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Lamb Curry

Gris de Boulaouane        Image Preview

[:)]   [:)]   [:)]

[/quote]

Christine - 'Gris de Boulaouane' ??????????     Sounds good, but what ????

Anyway, mine would be a nice glass, or two, or three of CdR Villages Rouge - there's some lovely 'Sabran' around here, so it's not necessarily the east bank of the Southern Rhone that's best.

Followed by Lamb Fillet marinaded in wine, olive oil & herbs, then seared off in really hot pan and served (sliced) pink with a gratin (I sound like a menu, don't I ??)

[quote user="KathyC"]A crab, wholemeal bread and a bottle of cava. (And you can keep your dressed crab, the cracking and gouging is the best bit!)[/quote]

A girl after my own heart,   Oh and anything that Mr O  cooks, which in our house is everything[:-))]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Toast.[/quote]

...very thick white bread, toasted on the embers of a log fire with fresh proper butter and old Oxford marmalade on a winters afternoon, and a bit of crumpet on the side too [;-)] fabulous!

Actually my favourite meal would be Confit de Canard, frites, salad and a glass of red wine (after having some Champagne as an apero) [:)]

My last meal on this earth will be :

Bellini cocktail, Marennes oysters, Beluga caviar wash down with Veuve Cliquot champagne, foie gras from the best geese in Gascogne with Melba toasts or oat cakes and more champagne... [:$] [:D]

One of the best meal I had was in Thailand cooked in a little side alley off Silom Avenue in Bangkok. It consisted of  a soup type dish made of  huge prawns/langoustines cooked in coconut milk, galangal, ginger, chillies, fresh lemon grass, side dish of flat noodles with spinach quickly fried with chopped chillies, some lime juice and fresh coriander. The pudding was made of sticky rice with a whole mango sliced and coconut milk/cream poured over it, washed down with the local lager type beer.

The fact that the taste buds were quite excited for the simplicity of the cooking : no big kitchen and lots of chefs around, just a small street cart and this Thai lady, with her kids helping, cooking away to make a living...

[quote user="Ian Horn"][quote user="Christine Animal"]

Image Preview

[/quote]

Christine - 'Gris de Boulaouane' ??????????     Sounds good, but what ????

[/quote]

Ian, its a Moroccan wine, a type of rosé.  There is also a red and you can get them in most supermarkets.

Here's something about them, in English, where they seem to call the Gris "Blush"

http://boulaouane.fr/uk/bou_couleurs_gris.html