Miki's right.  Jubbly:

Publication:

Grocer

Publication Date:

04-JUN-05

Article

Excerpt

Jubbly, the iconic 1950s and '60s ice lolly, is the latest in a line of

products making a comeback to fuel consumers' retro hunger.

Jubbly, which is said to have inspired the famous Only Fools and Horses

catchphrase through its 'Luvvly Jubbly' campaign, has been absent from

the shelves...

Oh, no!  How disappointing!  Look what they've done!

[img]http://www.calypso.co.uk/infozone/images/products/freeze_jubbly.jpg[/img]

It's not a giant wonky triangle shape any more!  A bit triangle-ish but tiny 62ml!  They used to be about half a pint![:@]

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]

Oh, no!  How disappointing!  Look what they've done!

[img]http://www.calypso.co.uk/infozone/images/products/freeze_jubbly.jpg[/img]

It's

not a giant wonky triangle shape any more!  A bit triangle-ish but

tiny 62ml!  They used to be about half a pint![:@]

[/quote]

At least............... if not a pint or more ! The local corner shop used to

sell out regularly in those hot balmy summers in the early 60's [:D]

The Waggon Wheel came back at less than half the size and now the

jubbly................kids are being swindled and they are not even

aware[:'(]

Me usual Mike and a luvvly Jubbly for Rodders...................[;-)]

[quote user="Cassis"]Spanish baccy, sherbert fountains, fruit salad chews (4 a penny), Mr Whippy 99 with monkey's blood.  Sarsaparilla pop.
[/quote]

I remember all of those.  Or you could have black jacks with the fruit salad.  Spanish baccy havnt seen that about since .... well[:$]

Pie and mash with liquor smothered in chilli vinegar in Kellys - Roman Road E3 with jellied eels on the side.  The must have drink with that is a carton of orange.

Does anyone remember KP crisps they had the all the usual flavours but tasted better than all the others that are still around now.My favourite was KP chicken crisps eaten at the same time as a cold bar of Galaxy just out of the fridge , I used to love to sup the chocolate while munching the crisps,delicious.

[quote user="her of ford"]My favourite was KP chicken crisps eaten at the same time as a cold bar of Galaxy just out of the fridge , I used to love to sup the chocolate while munching the crisps,delicious.[/quote]

Were you pregnant at the time, she of  Heroford? [:D]

Second choice, Gambas...de-shelled, de veigned, marinaded with lemon, garlic, fresh ginger, olive oil and just a touch of tobasco.....barb'd on a wooden skewer over Oak and rosemary for a few seconds served with a fresh lettuce and spring onion salad with a white balsamic, olive oil and fresh black pepper dressing. Perhaps accompanied by really good prawn sesame toast with a really good Pouilly fume? God me mouths a watering!

Chris

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Anyone remember sweet dinners? Little chops and steaks, chips, peas, fried eggs etc. Great fun, especially if your mother insisted on you having dolls and playing tea parties...
[/quote]

My corner shop still sells those...

I had this [+o(] feeling whenever I went to the shop for my newspapers and the kids got their comics. I would allow them to buy their 'groceries'! for the weekend ... Couldn't look at that assortment having been brought up with only an occasional sweet on highdays and holidays...