Mr Hollande's latest squeeze

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[:)][:)][:)]

This whole business fascinates me though.

The idea of Cameron or Obama being taken round the corner on the back of a moped for a bit of nookie, beggars belief. The management of this horrible mago must be in heaven!

"I'm going to sue you".   "What for?"   "Well, errrr ........... something"  "See you in Court, Monsieur le President".

The mago might well lose and have to pay anything from €1 to €1m, but the idea of a serving President taking it that far and having to be cross-examined on his 'movements', stretches the imagination somewhat far.

The bodyguard's name is apparently 'Michel', as is my neighbour's.  I'm going to have a bit of fun tomorrow.[6]    

Well, this time last week I bet the vast majority of people would have placed Hollande well below Steve Davis in their list of "interesting" people, but now he's got everyone talking about him, rather than his harebrained policies. I suppose in a country where there's no royal family to distract the public with a strategically-organised marriage, pregnancy or whatever, it's handy to have the President's indiscretions revealed to deflect attention.

[quote user="idun"]OOps, I meant to edit that, and then forgot, obviously getting too carried away with my new computer and pressing 'post' too quickly. I shall leave it as it is.[Www]
[/quote]Glad to hear you are enjoying your new computer[:)]

Valerie Trierweiler according to the  TV news this evening has been in hospital suffering with " A touch of the Blues " ... Is this an illness that is catching in France ?  If it is  so serious a person requires admitting to a ward I would like to know how to avoid it ...... Or is it as I suspect her just using a hospital to hide in as the staff can fend off the press ?

[quote user="Frederick"]Valerie Trierweiler according to the  TV news this evening has been in hospital suffering with " A touch of the Blues " [/quote]

Well it's such a damp grey Monday morning that I would be having a touch of the cockroaches if I hadn't had such a good weekend - and having a smile here at poking fun at the high and mighty [:P]

I really wouldn't give a second thought to his private life were it not paid for by the public purse...

This whole business simply reinforces the stereotype in international minds...

All Hollande needs now is a bribing scandal of some sort and he'll be seen as Berlusconi's little brother...

I wonder if the characterisation of a typical Frenchman having a mistress is, like berets and pissoirs, a bit passé?

Are there still 24-hour bouquet dispensing machines in the cities? There used to be, and if they've gone that should be a clue.

I know that they're a bit macho, but among the many French couples from many walks of life that I know there's only one that divorced, and that didn't happen until the age of 68 (why when the finish was in sight?). They seem to live contented lives uncomplicated my extra marital affairs.

I am surprised that the public profess to be disinterested in the business (despite Closer selling out) when the newstands are stuffed with magazines detailing the life of international stars and royalty (they bought and published the pics of Kate topless after all). I'm sure that I saw a large photo of Diana on a magazine recently.

I would be fascinated to know what the public reaction would have been if the French president had been a woman......fat chance of that I hear you say!

Steve

I would have paid a cent or two to have been at fly at Ségolène Royal's breakfast table on the morning the day that gossip mag came out![:P]

Mme Trierweiler rubbed Ségo's face in (figuratively) when she paraded around Humpty Dumpty at the Elysée in May 2012, seemingly full of glee at being at his side after being made to skulk in the shadows during Ségo's failed attempt at the presidentials in 2006-2007...

Could her current predicament be called karma?

Well, since this appears to be entirely the fault of Flamby in not keeping zipped up, he could be seen to have invented a new position, in which he managed to simultaneously screw (in different ways) his official girlfriend, his mistress and himself (a threesome?).

I also note that Midi Libre resorted to calling Ms Trierweiler the president's "current" girlfriend.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Yjay's funny....yesterday, the BBC called her his "wife" (inverted commas writer's own)

[/quote]

Wives aren't something he seems to go in for, does he. I can't believe that the current (past?) mistress thought he'd be faithful to her - he did have history in that department with her, after all.