HOW MANY

Henry100

How many actual members has this forum have ?

Looking through the pages and dates a lot of topics we're last active !!!!

I was wondering just what is the actual member number ?

I know Brexit took a lot of people running back to the UK And other areas but i do see other ex-pat forums that still have a growing membership list, With forums that do not have dead unread in the past two year pages .

1 hour ago, Henry100 said:

but i do see other ex-pat forums that still have a growing membership list

Name one svp.

French forums died years ago. There is no growing French forum because all the interesting members got banned by the clique sensitive woke you can’t say that brigade. So now the cliques end up playing games between themselves with nothing interesting to talk about apart from UK politics. A new member turns up, asks a question and they get vilified by the cliques. They leave and the cliques go back to their games.

Ah, albf, you are clearly in the dark; I know one excellent forum which has a banner at the top ‘albf need not apply’.

As to how many members we have, that is a difficult one. There are those in name only whose posts have been banned, those who are dead but who still manage to post from the Great Yonder( Henry, just so you know, this is a yoke 🙀), those who simply watch, those who post occasionally and those who post frequently. Oh, and those who gabble like a flock of turkeys on speed 🙀. All are welcome.

There is a great interest in France and matters French plus a wide knowledge of where to go and how to find ‘stuff’ as well as healthy discussion, even today someone regretting the passing of nipple greasers. Is that a sign of old age or old habits?

Since we got over (inshallah) our software problems and invaders we seem to be sailing well under the new owners who are keen to the forum to continue.

Have a Happy New Year everyone; I am in London where I shall join the annual conga from Oxford Street to Parliament Square, oil protesters welcome! 🙀 Meanwhile off to the National Gallery for my regular visit to one or two particular and much loved paintings, NOT ones with hideous naked charubs.

• Thanks 1

I do wonder what happened to the great many who used to post regularly.  Where are they?  Are they happy, healthy, dead?

We're plugging along in our new (for us) region.  Had a Sanglier in our garden last week.  We have a closed garden.  He must have come in when the portail was open (it automatically closes after 1.5 minutes).  At least we got to meet our immediate neighbors, kinda.

They left us a note in our mailbox and buzzed the bell (then left).  Their note advised us of the visitor.  We had no idea.  He apparently made his departure when the portail was opened for husband to go play tennis.  Again, it is opened when we are still in the garage, so not looking.  So, he must have been here around 4 hours.  He left his markings.

I put a note in neighbor's mailbox thanking them and leaving my cell number in the event they ever wanted to contact us.  Next morning, she sent me a video of the Sanglier in our garden.... 

So now, at least, I've met my neighbor, kinda.  🙂

Happy posting in 2024 everyone.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, anotherbanana said:

Ah, albf, you are clearly in the dark; I know one excellent forum which has a banner at the top ‘albf need not apply’.

Cooking forums don’t count.

Hay, at least I am famous.

ALBF was such a cool name and no one got the joke. 

Chancer who is 100 % French now with a moustache to match posts continually on a car forum I am on. So he is not dead. Far too French to post on Brit French forums 😝

Still knows everything about everything. Just like me. Or makes it up. Just like me.

Happy birthday tomorrow ALBF. And happy new year everyone else.

Edited by alittlebitfrench

Woolybanana says " Meanwhile off to the National Gallery for my regular visit to one or two particular and much loved paintings, NOT ones with hideous naked charubs."

Wools, thought you might like this one and I don't mind if you enjoy it in private and ban my post!

The old woman watching her grandchild being bathed, asked what its sex is.....It's not my eyes, but my memory that's so bad.

Bonjour to Loisseau!

8 hours ago, Lori said:

I do wonder what happened to the great many who used to post regularly.  Where are they?  Are they happy, healthy, dead?

We're plugging along in our new (for us) region.  Had a Sanglier in our garden last week.  We have a closed garden.  He must have come in when the portail was open (it automatically closes after 1.5 minutes).  At least we got to meet our immediate neighbors, kinda.

They left us a note in our mailbox and buzzed the bell (then left).  Their note advised us of the visitor.  We had no idea.  He apparently made his departure when the portail was opened for husband to go play tennis.  Again, it is opened when we are still in the garage, so not looking.  So, he must have been here around 4 hours.  He left his markings.

I put a note in neighbor's mailbox thanking them and leaving my cell number in the event they ever wanted to contact us.  Next morning, she sent me a video of the Sanglier in our garden.... 

So now, at least, I've met my neighbor, kinda.  🙂

Happy posting in 2024 everyone.

A really nice story, I agree regarding the wild life, if one thing makes me stand and look it is when the grue go flying past,

A lovely sight, We have only three neighbors "All French" and to be honest it's been almost 19yrs we have lived in this old farmhouse and we could not have better neighbors,

Have a nice 2024, (and feed the birds, they will thank you for it)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Name one svp.

French forums died years ago. There is no growing French forum because all the interesting members got banned by the clique sensitive woke you can’t say that brigade. So now the cliques end up playing games between themselves with nothing interesting to talk about apart from UK politics. A new member turns up, asks a question and they get vilified by the cliques. They leave and the cliques go back to their games.

Thank you for an honest reply, I agree 100% with the banned by the clique, The inter net is a great place for saying through the screen things you would not say face to face,

All this awarding what i feel is daft badges for just joining in on topics is childish and i now understand what i was thinking is the format on these forums "The clique"

So thank you for being honest,

Well done (No  reward such as a star "but respect " from myself to you.

On 31/12/2023 at 12:16, Lori said:

I used to post on here although maybe not regularly. I'm not dead yet. Healthier than I deserve to be, given my lifestyle. Very happy that I finally caught up with my pension age.

Since I stopped work and hence stopped spending an unhealthy amount of time at the 'puter, I seem to have virtually stopped looking at forums and social media of all kinds. It wasn't a conscious decision but these days I spend a lot of time travelling in the van and doing stuff away from home that I couldn't do when I was working, and I got out of the habit of checking to see what's happening in the virtual world. It's like the real world has taken over.

But very glad to see this forum seems to have got over the "poisonous" phase it seemed to be going through last time I looked in. 

Happy 2024 and bonne continuation to all xx

2 hours ago, EuroTr@sh said:

I used to post on here although maybe not regularly. I'm not dead yet. Healthier than I deserve to be, given my lifestyle. Very happy that I finally caught up with my pension age.

Since I stopped work and hence stopped spending an unhealthy amount of time at the 'puter, I seem to have virtually stopped looking at forums and social media of all kinds. It wasn't a conscious decision but these days I spend a lot of time travelling in the van and doing stuff away from home that I couldn't do when I was working, and I got out of the habit of checking to see what's happening in the virtual world. It's like the real world has taken over.

But very glad to see this forum seems to have got over the "poisonous" phase it seemed to be going through last time I looked in. 

This forum is living proof that if you become to popular you have to watch your back or you will be singled out as some sort of threat, Read passed threads and see how many are no longer offering any comments?

The forum needs a good shake up and in some cases a lot of the old over 18 months comments removed,

The so called Moderators changing,

ET……im so happy you are still with the world.

Best birthday present ever knowing you are still pottering about.

You keep strong my friend.

Edited by alittlebitfrench

Maybe not totally over it E/T but we're working on it. 😉

1 hour ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Best birthday present ever knowing you are still pottering about.

Appy Burrday to you

Appy Burrday to you

Appy Burrday dear ALBFSmeggiealittlebitfrench

Happy Birthday to You

Keep the faith, Smeggie (you'll always be Smeggie to me) xx

Hi ET, lovely to see you back.  In fact, was just thinking about you the other day as I came acrosss my small stack of Fred Vargas when sorting out some book shelves.

Didn't realise I still have "Sous les vents de Neptune".  You were also a fan like me😄

Blwyddyn Newydd dda!

1 hour ago, menthe said:

Hi ET, lovely to see you back.  In fact, was just thinking about you the other day as I came acrosss my small stack of Fred Vargas when sorting out some book shelves.

Didn't realise I still have "Sous les vents de Neptune".  You were also a fan like me😄

Blwyddyn Newydd dda!

Thank you, Menthe.  Even though I worked in Wales for a few months and tried to learn some Welsh, that was missing from my multi-lingual greetings!  It isn't now!  Reciprocal wishes, of course!

15 hours ago, menthe said:

I was indeed. Have you read her latest, Sur la Dalle? If so how did you rate it? I was really excited when it came out last year and I immediately got the free sample on Kindle, prepared to buy it at full price if it grabbed me - but surprisingly and disappointingly, at the end of the sample I was a bit so-so about it. So I decided to wait until the second hand copies became available, then I forgot all about it until just now. Thanks for reminding me!