Re: Pink Toilet Rolls

Gardian

Now if there's one thing that gets Mrs G in a bad state, it's pink toilet rolls.  Actually, that's not true: there are are innumerable things that get Mrs G in a bad state, but you don't need that list.

Anyway after a spate of visitors, stocks of the white article were running low, so the instruction was given: "Now Gardian, get yourself along to the supermarket and re-stock while I'm having my kine session".

"Yes, but I was nearly banned from there the other day for moaning about the length of the checkout queue", I said. (You know the place - the one where they say "Tell us if there's more than two people in front of you at the checkout". Yeh, right.)

No dispensation, so off I dutifully went. It quickly became clear that every Logistics Manager working for the major hypers has decided to ship off his annual intake of the pink product to southern France. Do the Belgians and Dutch like pink?  They must, because that's all there is down here together with every citizen of those two countries.

So, spare a thought for the Gardian household in these difficult times. One happy thought though - the pack that I bought gave me the glad tidings that the inner was now bio-degradeable and could be flushed down the loo.  Happy days!

Oh yes, we bought a house with a rose pink bath, washbasin and loo and if that wasn't enough the room was wallpapered in a pink flock rose design and of course there was the fitted deep pink tumble twist carpet with matching loo seat cover and pedestal mat and the owner also decided to leave us with the pink knitted lady toilet roll cover - yikes the thought of it makes me feel ill. Needless to say it was the first thing to be changed in the house!

[quote user="cooperlola"]The only thing more naff than a coloured bog roll is a coloured bathroom "suite".[+o(][/quote]

Oh, I don't know... Late Renaissance Chav curly cast bathroom suites of any colour are possibly a tad worse than pink loo rolls...

...but the two together would be utterly unforgiveable. [6]

In Super U here the pink ones are cheaper than the white rolls of their own brand, hence whyI always buy pink. Used to hate green and as for that tracing paper stuff that was supposed to be so hygienic at school, don't get me started on that vile stuff.

Well, in our new house, there are 2 bathrooms.  The one in the extension is the usual bog standard (oops, nasty pun there) white.  The other, which is in the original part of the house and was put in by the original French Canadian owner, is a sort of powder pink.

It doesn't have a toilet pan because that seems to have been removed, but the tiles are all in pink with occasional floral pink ones in amongst the plain pink.

The shower tray and the large washbasin are unapologetically pink. 

Because it's all in such wonderful condition, I have no plans whatever to change any of it.  In fact, so as not to disturb the pink theme, I even bought a pink bin to put under the sink.

It's great fun and certainly feels nice and warm in the midst of winter when white can be a bit stark and make you shiver before you so much as dip a toe in the shower.

Don't they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder?  Well, I think it's spiffing to have a pink bathroom; certainly, I love mine and think it very rebellious, retro chic and against the trend.  Let them have boring, white bathrooms, I cry.....I will settle for pink!

Dinky and Pink and, if it offends you, you needn't come and visit!

PS, I would like to put a pink bidet in the place where the old toilet was.  Do they still sell pink bidets, I wonder?  If you know, please let me know so that I can go and get one![:)]

In 1958 my parents paid extra for a pink suite and grey tiles with a pink insert - still in very good condition - my mother insists on Andrex pink toilet paper even though she can only use the commode ( and truly any colour couldn't fail to improve that experience !)

For S17 - when we lived in Cornwall our local tip was a lesson in recycling. They arranged the dumped items in groupings; garden dept, kitchen, bathroom etc etc and sold things for a nominal cost (£3 for a Suffolk Colt mower in perfect order!). You would certainly have picked up a pink bidet there!

Other than hanging round your local dechetterie, try looking on Leboncoin, and you can put a 'wanted' ad there.

To my regret  we had for a long time an Indian Ivory ( like 'Champagne', just a different make) bathroom suite, my father was the manager of a large builders merchants, so naturally he got the suite for us.... he suggested white (having chosen pink himself [:D] ) however I knew better....... needless to say we have white now !!!! 

[quote user="Pommier"]For S17 - when we lived in Cornwall our local tip was a lesson in recycling. They arranged the dumped items in groupings; garden dept, kitchen, bathroom etc etc and sold things for a nominal cost (£3 for a Suffolk Colt mower in perfect order!). You would certainly have picked up a pink bidet there!

Other than hanging round your local dechetterie, try looking on Leboncoin, and you can put a 'wanted' ad there.[/quote]

Brilliant idea why don't they do this in more areas.

Cendrillon

Who made her first purchase on Le Bon Coin in June [:)]

By the way and back on track, I would happily pay a little more to be pink paper free.[Www]

[quote user="Cendrillon"][ I would happily pay a little more to be pink paper free.[Www]
[/quote]That, of course, is how the white-paper-pushers suck you in.  They appeal to your superior taste (I say superior as it coincides with mine which is, natch, the correct definition of good taste[Www]) and then they've got you for life.

[quote user="Pommier"]For S17 - when we lived in Cornwall our local tip was a lesson in recycling. They arranged the dumped items in groupings; garden dept, kitchen, bathroom etc etc and sold things for a nominal cost (£3 for a Suffolk Colt mower in perfect order!). You would certainly have picked up a pink bidet there! Other than hanging round your local dechetterie, try looking on Leboncoin, and you can put a 'wanted' ad there.[/quote]

Pommier, I have decided to make a virtue out of necessity.  I went to have a look at my pink bathroom and my pink, separate toilet since writing my post and, do you know, they really are just so pretty, if you don't think oh dear, this is terribly unfashionable.

What I most like are the tiles:  they are done French style, with very little grouting in between the tiles.  Not the modern way, with thick lines of "matching" grout.  I reckon there's more skill and workmanship involved in using minimal grout and lining up the tiles precisely.

Anyway, I have a very good sense of what looks good to me (if to no one else) and I don't care a fig for what is the "in" thing to do.

So....I shall carry on looking for a pretty pink bidet.

Who's to say that I'm wrong in deciding that Pink is the new White?  Anyway, I do have white in the other bathroom. It may be oh so tasteful but I have fallen in love with my pink bathroom.[:D]

I associate Pink with happiness and good things....as in "You look in the Pink.....what better compliment could there be?

Well, perhaps Sweets, it's simply that "white as a sheet" (or trendy loo) would better describe me at the mo'.

A friend of mine and I have developed a code for the times when things others admire don't appeal to us or coincide with our taste.  We say, as straight faced as we can manage : "It would look great in your house."

We all like different things, and the world would be very dull if we didn't.