Don't be Afraid, Show Yourselves

Bugsy

[quote user="JayJay"]

Yes, she is up, worse for wear though! It seems her head is a bit heavy this morning![Www]

Pip speaking. Hello my little sausage, thank you for your concern.[kiss] I'll have you know that I was up before JayJay!  Do you know any good hangover cures ?  Its a long time since I've suffered one of these ! Teatotal now for at least a month [;-)]

[/quote]

Sausage, bacon, egg and fried bread with a large pot of tea (black) and toast.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoddy, I understand, Russethouse has said before how difficult it is to split a thread. It is not that I don't find the few topics taking place in the thread interesting, I do. But I think moving the thread out of the photography section has (at least in my opinion) has taken the shine off the new section so to speak. Now I don't think you will have many posting a photo here. I for one probably won't be visiting the new section as often because of this. [:(]

By the way, the only reason I haven't posted a photo is because I have none of me here and none on this new computer. Not to mention the fact my husband has warned me on numerous occasions not to post a photo of myself or to give too much information on the forum (he just doesn't understand [:)]). In all seriousness he does have a point to a certain extent, particularly in my opinion about giving addresses phone numbers etc.. I do feel a little bad about egging others on and not doing it myself. I may try to take a picture of myself  [blink] and post it temporarily at some stage. But in the meantime, I still feel it is a shame.

Ok, I have spent way too long trying to copy over a photo.  How exactly do you do it?  I have gone to the photo, reduced it in size and tried to select it and copy it over.  It just won't work....

Isn't this supposed to be simple???

Lori - you need to stick the image on the Internet somewhere and then make an image link in your message.

Go to Photobucket, create an account and upload a photo - only takes a couple of ticks.

Then copy the string of gibberish in the box under the photo marked "IMG" and paste it into a forum message.

Presto!

Here's a few more, keep the comments clean.

A rare photo of me with "little on" with the sun in my eyes.

[IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/unautremonde/Personal/Sun-in-eyes.jpg[/IMG]

Me with Lynne at La Rochelle.

[IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/unautremonde/Personal/Me--Lynne-La-Rochelle.jpg[/IMG]

Lynne with Bobby the cat.

[IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/unautremonde/Personal/Lynne-with-Bobby.jpg[/IMG]

Chris

I agree with the moving of this thread for the following reasons:

Although I check the forum daily, I don't sit up all night watching, to come back to this thread next day with all the 'up one minute down the next' posts it's not readable.

Dare I mention the word 'clique'[Www]

'Show yourself' in the Photo section, including before and after is a great idea (if you're brave enough) but I think we shoud keep it to images  and captions rather than drifting.

Andy

hi Tresco

Have a photo as an attachment sent as an email but not sure how to get it on here?  Sure the techy ones will be able to offer assistance.  Have been to photobucket.com to set up account but it's the next stage from the email that is the problem.

Assume it is quite easy when it's been done once.

David J 

Well, thanks for that info, but I have now spent WAY too much time trying to upload onto Photobucket.  I guess I must be extremely pathetic as it just doesn't work.  I'm sure I've done something wrong, but I have tried dozens of times now.

I have even reduced the photo to a thumbnail (figuring it was a size issue).  When I click on the Upload Options, I click on thumbnail (although I tried nearly ALL of the options) and it keeps highlighting in yellow the 15" size option.  I also tried the email option several times with no success either.   I think I should give up.

Photo isn't good anyway !

Lori, as I have said before, I am probably the last person that should try to help with these things [:$]. But, have you clicked on the browse button and found the photo on your computer first? Once you click browse and find the photo, you double click and it will automatically load. Then you click upload. I find it can sometimes take a few minutes to upload. Then once it has done so you highlight the bottom of the three lines marked [IMG] and copy and then past on your post. Once you have done it, there is no going back. [:)]

Look forward to seeing your photo!

P.S. Chrispp, what can I say?  Fab!  I love the black and white trousers, I am beginning to see you in a new light. [:D]

Lori - what format is the photo? Photobucket prefers JPG, so others (such as psd from Photoshop/Photoshop Elements, or PICT from Macs) is refused, and the refusal isn't all that obvious - check the yellow box at the top of the page, you may have to scroll up.

Size isn't an issue, as Photobucket will authomatically resize for you.

Don't give up - if you want, email me the photo and I'll try it/see if there is anything wrong with it.

Admin - could this be made a sticky in the Photo Section, please?

To put a photograph into your post:

• The photograph must be on your computer.
  • The format should be .jpg
  • Open a free account at Photobucket.
  • Browse from Photobucket to your photo and choose it.
  • Upload to Photobucket.
  • When the photograph has uploaded it will appear in your album. Underneath there are three addresses.
  • Highlight and copy the one marked Img - make sure you have copied the whole address. There should be IMG and /IMG in square  brackets at the beginning and end of the address.
  • Paste the address into the appropriate place in your post, and the picture should appear.

You can get a false representation if you simply put in a photo address without the IMG tags, as your computer finds the photo in its own innards, whereas other viewers don't have access to that.

Thanks, Hoddy, but one small thing - there was a hyperlink to Photobucket which seems to have disappeared and that section now doesn't make much sense. Can the hyperlink be reinstated, please?

Also - it makes sense as bullet points, not as prose, and the emboldened words are commands from Photobucket, so need to be highlighted in some way.

Well Done! It is lovely Lori, I love the photo of you and your daughter as well (assume that is your daughter), very pretty.

Dick well done as well, very easily understood, embarrassed by my feeble attempt though.[:$]

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="PeterG"]

Me and the lads c1997

http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/RFUHome.Touchline_Detail/storyId/2825/sectionId/77

[/quote]

I'm sure I remember the name Barry Grindrod from school days. Could my memory be right? Edge End, in the 60s
[/quote]I expect you are too young but do you remember a Mr Miller who taught English at Edge End?