Don't be Afraid, Show Yourselves

Bugsy

Dearest Mrs Animal, I can't believe that you were able to take that picture of you from me mind, it is how I see you since the first time I never saw you. You remind me of the lovely Karen Carpenter.

Would you like to go out next saturday night looking for Owls? I owe Mrs Tresco a small owl you see, and maybe we could find one for her for her Christmas present! We could even bring a big flask of tea and a few slices of brack and a bit of that Marvin Gay on the tape recorder! Did you see Mrs Tresco's picture? She has been going round letting on to be an elderly lady, and all the time she is a young whippet snatcher! The cheek of that young one!

[kiss]

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="PeterG"]

Me and the lads c1997

http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/RFUHome.Touchline_Detail/storyId/2825/sectionId/77

[/quote]

I'm sure I remember the name Barry Grindrod from school days. Could my memory be right? Edge End, in the 60s

[/quote]I expect you are too young but do you remember a Mr Miller who taught English at Edge End?[/quote]

Coop,

I dont remember Mr Miller, thanks for thinking I still have some semblance of youth  [:D]

Jim Safkin was the Head, I remember his cane !!!!! Thinking more about it its possible that the Deputy Head may have been Mr Miller, but the memories are dim. I left in 63 ( I guess that really dates me). Can I assume you are also a Nelsonian or thereabouts. My place was Brierfield.

[quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="powerdesal"][quote user="PeterG"]

Me and the lads c1997

http://www.rfu.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/RFUHome.Touchline_Detail/storyId/2825/sectionId/77

[/quote]

I'm sure I remember the name Barry Grindrod from school days. Could my memory be right? Edge End, in the 60s
[/quote]I expect you are too young but do you remember a Mr Miller who taught English at Edge End?[/quote]

Coop,
I dont remember Mr Miller, thanks for thinking I still have some semblance of youth  [:D]
Jim Safkin was the Head, I remember his cane !!!!! Thinking more about it its possible that the Deputy Head may have been Mr Miller, but the memories are dim. I left in 63 ( I guess that really dates me). Can I assume you are also a Nelsonian or thereabouts. My place was Brierfield.
[/quote]At the risk of getting written missiles thrown up me for encouraging a departure from topic, I was born in Colne.  My father, said Mr M, taught at Edge End from the mid 50's until 1961 - head of English - when we sneaked over the border !  Myself I was at Laneshawbridge.  I went back to my old house not long ago and it now has a splendid view of the motorway down below!  If I find any nostalgic stuff I'll pm you or we will be castigated.[:-))]

Sorry Twinks. [:'(]

I had just got in from the end of year dinner/dance and it being the rural elders  'do', was in the company of a many people of a different body type to your OH!

Someone took a photo of me in a rural elders baseball cap, with three plates of profiteroles in front of me*. If he sends it to me, I'll post it as a penance.

Here is Mr Tresco (taken today). Look at the rings under his eyes! I have no idea where they came from [;-)]

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/twinm/PICT0026.jpg[/IMG]

*I ate them all, by the way.