Whats your oldest working appliance ?

Frederick

I have just binned a Hitachi microwave (working but looked tired ) that was over 20 years old.... and now realise  my Aiwa Hi Fi stacking system is also over 20 years old but still  giving service .... Recently I  changed an Indisit  dishwasher that had also given  over 25 years service with only a pump replacement .....what have you got thats still plugged in and  running over for  20 years ?

My electric chair....still can't get my MIL to sit in it though!

Seriously, I have some heated rollers that I don't use any more and I have lost most of the pins, but I can't bear to part with them as they were a Christmas present from the mid 70s and they do still heat up.

[quote user="cooperlola"]My Toshiba CD deck, and my Pioneer tape deck - both nearly 30.[/quote]

I worked as a servive engineer for Miele (many moons ago) and once came across a 700 series washing machine which was 14 years old. The (rich) customer had binned it and bought a new one. I removed a bra wire (which was jamming the drain pump) replaced all the hoses on it which were perished, and fitted a new sealing kit for the drain pump and it is still running well 10 years later ( at my mum's house!) , 24 years - not bad for a washing machine!

I also have a lovely stereo bush radio that I bought from Dixons when I was about 16 years old - I now use it as a builders radio on renovation jobs we do - still going strong after ******* years.

"Molyneux hand mixer - Christmas 1970!"

Hang on to it. Stupidly, I threw mine away about four years ago. I replaced it with two different new ones, one for England, one for France. Neither of them is as good; they just look prettier.

Hoddy

I still have the Pye transistor radio my parents gave me as a Christmas present in 1964 - or was it a Christening present? It still works and I listen to it in the garden although perhaps not for much longer if the proposals to phase out AM radio come to anything. I also still use a Quad 44/405 stereo amplifier set that I bought in the late 70's.

One of my fridges is 25 years plus old. Its difficult to know if it should be replaced. I'm sure by modern standards its insulation/power consumption/etc. are all terrible and thus contributing to pollution. However, making appliances and processing the old ones is also not good from an environmental perspective so I'm unsure if I should keep using it.

Ian

Apart from OH - my Kenwood Chefette food mixer and blender.  Date 1976 - wedding present from my mum and dad.  Also a Technics Record Deck, Amplifier, tape to tape circa 1982.  Not quite in working order is my nan's old Singer sewing machine.  Instruction manual dated 1918.  Does anyone know who can sort out the tension problems for me (Correze 19 area).  I loved that old machine.  It still has all the different foots for different types of sewing.  I do have an electric machine, but it scares me to death.

Oldest appliance that was still working but died on NewYear's Day : my cooker![:'(]! It was a wedding present from my m-i-l, the only useful present I ever had from her. It was delivered to my house the week after I got married in 1979...

Hope the replacement will last just has long!....

Bernina Record sewing machine, bought 1969. Still have the original carry case and documentation. Its travelled all over the World with us and, though serviced very occasionally, is still in almost daily use. When bought it had a lifetime guarantee, but only in the country of purchase (Zambia) and only if the owner attended a training course on its use (she did).