Tiger Woods

Weedon

Interesting how much news was generated in the worlds media when Tiger Woods had a barney with his missus (alledgedly) then drove off in a huff and managed to bounce off a water hydrant into a tree.

Not so much of a word was to be found in the ouest france during the summer when I bounced my new ride-on mower off an apple tree into the fence when I mistook the accelerator pedal for the brake, the first time I used it.  Easy done when the manufacturers change the controls around.

Apparently both of Tiger's rear windows were broken by his wife using a golf club.  The really fascinating unresolved question is.... did she select a driver, putter or an iron?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really confused. I thought he was a good driver. Obviously not eagle eyed enough to miss that tree and end up in the rough.

Oh well, I guess he was under par and upset his little birdie.

Haha imagine if his wife had beaten him to death with a golf club?!! Oh the irony!!! Wood you believe it if she had?

I hope he can reconcile things with his wife, although I guess he could be a fair way away from that.

Let's hope he can putt it all behind him but it was a slice of luck that he wasn't injured in a major way.

This sort of thing happens from time to time, it's par for the course.

A little birdie did tell me another woman was involved, but she was a bit of an albatross.

Feel free to chip in with any more

[quote user="Richard"]I'm really confused. I thought he was a good driver. Obviously not eagle eyed enough to miss that tree and end up in the rough. Oh well, I guess he was under par and upset his little birdie. Haha imagine if his wife had beaten him to death with a golf club?!! Oh the irony!!! Wood you believe it if she had? I hope he can reconcile things with his wife, although I guess he could be a fair way away from that. Let's hope he can putt it all behind him but it was a slice of luck that he wasn't injured in a major way. This sort of thing happens from time to time, it's par for the course. A little birdie did tell me another woman was involved, but she was a bit of an albatross. Feel free to chip in with any more[/quote]

What a zinger Richard!  Hard to think of a come-backer!  But I'll take a swing at it.  Poor old Woods (still an Ace to many), I think he was indulging in a little "bump and run", possibly looking for a bit of a bounce.  He was blind to the possible explosion and knock down from his long time dormie.  What a naughty rutter!  He should lay-up, keep an open face.  Pin his hopes on getting all square with his dimples and returning to the fairway.  Actually though, I'm with Mark Twain on this one....[:D]

[quote user="buelligan"]

[quote user="Richard"]I'm really confused. I thought he was a good driver. Obviously not eagle eyed enough to miss that tree and end up in the rough. Oh well, I guess he was under par and upset his little birdie. Haha imagine if his wife had beaten him to death with a golf club?!! Oh the irony!!! Wood you believe it if she had? I hope he can reconcile things with his wife, although I guess he could be a fair way away from that. Let's hope he can putt it all behind him but it was a slice of luck that he wasn't injured in a major way. This sort of thing happens from time to time, it's par for the course. A little birdie did tell me another woman was involved, but she was a bit of an albatross. Feel free to chip in with any more[/quote]

What a zinger Richard!  Hard to think of a come-backer!  But I'll take a swing at it.  Poor old Woods (still an Ace to many), I think he was indulging in a little "bump and run", possibly looking for a bit of a bounce.  He was blind to the possible explosion and knock down from his long time dormie.  What a naughty rutter!  He should lay-up, keep an open face.  Pin his hopes on getting all square with his dimples and returning to the fairway.  Actually though, I'm with Mark Twain on this one....[:D]

[/quote]

I think he was just hooked.

DerekJ pml.

Tiger playing ------------ a round

Beautifully stroked at the first

A hole in one at the second

Hit a hazard at the third

Bunkered at the fourth

Apologised for playing the wrong hole at the fifth

Disqualified at the sixth when the wheels came off

Well, Tiger's through the sixth now. Wonder if he'll drive off for the seventh? Hole in  one perhaps if he can keep his drive on the fairway and keep out of the rough! Or is he going to settle down and retire? If I were he, I'd go for 36 holes and really blow some of that hard earned cash.