Charlie's bad day!

Deby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think that for a woman in her mid to late 50s Camilla is actually quite attractive.  If you look at that famous photo of her and CHarles in their early 20s she is quite pretty and not at all dissimilar to Diana in looks - perhaps that's why Charles chose Diana in the first place?!!?

As for Camilla looking like a horse I really can't see that at all.  However, if that is the conclusion that some of you have come to, then he can only be onto a winner surely (no pun intended).  But if Camilla is being likened to a horse, then at least she will be full of spirit and probably a good ride.  Diana was constantly referred to as a clothes horse, which makes her stiff, wooden, shapeless and brainless.  I think he's getting the better deal second time round.

And as for all the comments about whether they can live with themselves, poor Diana, etc etc, considering that one in two marriages in the UK end in divorce there are one hell of a lot of hypocrites out there.  Apart from which, with the gossip about how like James Hewitt Harry is, then Diana was deeply unfaithfull (and careless) VERY early on in her marriage.

I wish them both all the very best, and if he had been allowed to follow his heart and not royal protocol 30 odd years ago all of this would never have happened.

Well said, Coco, couldn't agree more with your comments on Camilla.

Gay makes some reference to the Forum and divine intervention?  (It was many postings back and I can't remember the exact words.)  Well, you know we have a Catholic priest as a Forum member?  Though I haven't seen him posting for many months now.

M

I couldn't give a stuff about any of them!

One of the many things I'm looking forward to in living in France is to get away from the media/public obsession with this group of parasites.

My neighbours (tiny French hamlet) with not a word of English between them are really looking forward to watching the wedding on BBC Prime.

They dragged us in a couple of years back to watch the Queen Mother's funeral whilst comsuming vast quantities of home made somethingorother. Strange, this obsession with the British monarchy - and they are communists. Wicked!

[quote]I think Camilla looks OK too for a woman of 70! What has all this to do with France anyway? Can we discuss all matters regardless of the subject? As for the Pope and the remarks made by some of you, ...[/quote]

WAF, You make a comment like that about CamillaPB, and in the same breath ask why we anyone should be discussing her at all!

Why should others not comment on the Pope? We are, I suspect, far more likely to have an understanding to base our comments on than we do of any major Islamic leader who happens to die. I can't even name one.

Most of the comments made were related to the institution and workings of the RC church, not the pope as an individual. No one poked fun at him, as they (and you) have CamillaPB on the basis of her appearance.

tresco

WAF made an interesting point, if we had slated into Muslims, Jews, in the way the catholic faith (e.g comments re pope) have been done here - we would have been shouted off the forum for being racist, anti-semitic etc.

Just an observation I am making that is all.D
Deby

Interesting to see the crowd yesterday of the invited guests and officials....... a mass of men, hardly a woman in site. I wouldn't have expected it to be any different if a high up Muslim or Jewish leader had died. 

The women were in the 'other' crowd.

And the french will be watching the wedding today. I remember being in a very crumby appt in 1981 listening to the royal wedding through the walls. We hadn't got a tv then. And I suspect most of the other tennants in the building were watching it for the noise coming at me from all directions.

WAF made an interesting point, if we had slated into Muslims, Jews, in the way the catholic faith (e.g comments re pope) have been done here - we would have been shouted off the forum for being racist, anti-semitic etc. (Deby)

Depends what points are made and how, no one has criticised all Catholics, or Christians here. Certainly there are things about the other faiths you mention that I would challenge, but I like to think I could do so without being racist or anti-semitic.

Interesting to see the crowd yesterday of the invited guests and officials....... a mass of men, hardly a woman in site. I wouldn't have expected it to be any different if a high up Muslim or Jewish leader had died. 

The women were in the 'other' crowd. (TU)

Me neither. All three major religions have built in systems which can be, and are used to discriminate against women.

I would criticise the lot of them, in this respect and it's implications. Does that make me sound racist, or anti semitic, or anti catholic?

tresco

We all Fart. well as this is a French Forum as you have pointed out ,why have you got a signature file that makes remarks about the Queen? Incase it had escaped your attention France doesn`t have one. Mrs O

Joh,what you try to pass off as humour is falling short of the mark.What does your lover of choice look like,that is if you have one,(which I doubt)and would you be happy for a comparision to be made with a horse ,maybe you would

Taking visitors around the area yesterday we were amazed to see one magazine/newspaper had the most amazing picture of the late Pope on the billboards. He was sort of floating above steps with his white robes flowing in the wind. Swap his face for that of Julie Andews and you would expect a rendition of 'Climb every mountain' to be forthcoming. A more staged picture it would be hard to imagine.

The nicest thought for me was that they buried him in his favorite white scuffed loafers, the pair that had the most milage on them - how thoughtful and kind.

At an orthordox Jewish funeral women are not allowed to go to the burial/funeral. The women have a special place at home and receive visitors and mourners for 7 days afterwards. Having been to only one when they allowed women to attend I think it is something I would not do again. Having a support group of female family and friends seems to me a very humane way of dealing with a traumatic situation and I felt in control when my mother died not 'diminished' or 'shut out' because I was a woman.

As far as Camilla is concerned isn't it about time we stopped all this chest beating over Diana and looked at Camilla as an asset ?

As she has shown this weekend, she 'scrubs up well' She has kept a dignified silence and remained a constant support to the man who loved her, at the same time remaining on good terms with her ex, who was known to having a roving eye and betrayed her long before she returned to the Prince of Wales.

She is unlikely to ever make any kind of political gaffe or seek attention for herself and will no doubt be happy to support the POW.

As for those who blame Diana's death on Charles and Camilla, I would suggest that had she worn a safety belt she would be alive today. I also think her upbringing was so troubled that she was almost bound to have problems. If any one is to 'blame' for the sorry debacle it must be The Queen mother and Lady Fermoy who activley encouraged the ill fated liaison.

You've said it all Gay. I thought Camilla looked very elegant and she made no gaffes either. Good luck to them both. If only those two old biddies you mention at the end had kept their beaks out,maybe this marriage would have happened years ago.

Have to say, the teeny bit I saw of the wedding, I thought Camilla looked  well and I did like her frock, very elegant.

Must go, we have our first Murder Mystery Weekend this weekend, Rose Bush the French maid is having it off with Donald Duckworthy and her husband, the Gardener "George Bush"  is non too pleased - I hear his demise is imminent!!!!!

Deby