Lawless France

betty

[quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]
That makes no sense whatsoever.
[/quote] As you know, this forum is run by Archant. It makes its money for this forum from among other things the sale of magazines like Living France. I subscribe to this publication and have done for many years. I wonder how many posters on here subscribe and there by help to support this forums upkeep? Not all do of course, but their contributions are very welcome, and I have learnt many things about France from them. But to say I should not be allowed to comment because someone does not like my post and I am not an immigrant to France is crazy. This Forum's not only for people who reside in France to post on

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="ebaynut"][quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]
[/quote] . But to say I should not be allowed to comment because someone does not like my post and I am not an immigrant to France is crazy. This Forum's not only for people who reside in France to post on[/quote]

I would hate for that someone who finds your distaste for fellow UK citizens to be considered alone in finding your remarks reprehensible therefore let me nail my colours to their right minded mast.

There are many citizens of the UK whose forebears have worked for, fought for and paid for your right to espouse racist vitriol and continue to do so.

Your subscription to the magazine which supports this web facility is doubtless appreciated however I would take a guess that the recipients of your benevolence may not share your views.

For someone on a France Forum with a monniker derived from a Colonial Web Auction site...you seem to be a tad confused...either that or the latter part of your nom de plume could not be more apt.

I was mainly querying your grammar, the statement/question made no sense.

But now I know what you are talking about, whether you buy a magazine or not is neither here nor there. There are many adverts on this site which also contribute to the costs of maintaining such a site. I don't buy the magazine, but I click on the odd ad or two, which puts some money in the Archant coffers.

But really, this has nothing to do with whether you agree or not agree with someone.

I frequent another forum where I often disagree with opinions of the person who owns that site. Just because he pays for it, doesn't mean I have to agree with him. That's what forums are about.

I think the main reason that poster highlighted your post, was simply because they found it racist. Nothing more.

[quote user="BIG MAC"]

[quote user="ebaynut"][quote user="Mr Coeur de Lion"]

[/quote] . But to say I should not be allowed to comment because someone does not like my post and I am not an immigrant to France is crazy. This Forum's not only for people who reside in France to post on[/quote]

I would hate for that someone who finds your distaste for fellow UK citizens to be considered alone in finding your remarks reprehensible therefore let me nail my colours to their right minded mast.

There are many citizens of the UK whose forebears have worked for, fought for and paid for your right to espouse racist vitriol and continue to do so.

Your subscription to the magazine which supports this web facility is doubtless appreciated however I would take a guess that the recipients of your benevolence may not share your views.

For someone on a France Forum with a monniker derived from a Colonial Web Auction site...you seem to be a tad confused...either that or the latter part of your nom de plume could not be more apt.

[/quote]

So perhaps a "monniker" derived from a Colonial dead cow shop may be more apt for a French forum???

[quote user="woolybanana"]

[quote user="Will"][quote user="virginia.c"]...No sensible debate has ever been allowed to happen in the UK, more's the pity.

[/quote]

Could you explain, please? I was always under the impression that freedom of the press, impartiality in broadcasting, and general freedom of expression was encouraged in Britain, far more than most other countries.

[/quote]

Not sure the British people were ever consulted about the last mass immigration, were they, Will? In fact it was hidden like a guilty secret by a government determined to break the mould as they perceived it. Because they knew that it would not have been tolerated.

[/quote]

To continue in Virginia's afternoon entertainment ([:)]) here are some random webrefs on the Andrew Neather affair.

Interesting to note the affair re-exploded in early 2010 when it was established the then government deleted certain embarrassing clauses and denied they actually existed!

What is quite clear is NuLabour set out on a covert (And illegal: since it was purely politically motivated yet abused public funds, something they are rather good at) strategy of social engineering, to try and both  "destroy the power of the right for all time" (Their words) and impose their spavined concept of multiculturalism on the British people: despite the reality that one of its original core architects, Roy Hattersley, admitted he was wrong and the policy would never and could never work.

See here:

See here:

See here:

See here:

See here:

See here:

See here:

Now whether one likes reality or not, it is a clearly established fact that Government lost control of the Immigration and Passport services, allowed failed asylum seekers who were also convicted and dangerous criminals loose and etc.

It also established fact that amongst certain London boroughs, Westminster, for example presents with over 54% of residents not being born in the the UK: with such as Tower Hamlets, Brent following along.

See here: No: not the Daily Mail, but London Government's own website: and the stats lag since they date back to 2004-06. Now much higher.

Not surprisingly, poverty and problems with housing are rampant in London, per se and those boroughs presenting with a very high immigrant population.

So much so that the London Evening Standard started a campaign on poverty earlier this year.

See here:

How dare I challenge PC thought and mindsets!

How dare I challenge the liberal prescriptive!

Yes: of course, I'm an out and out racist: spelled P R A G M A T I S T and also an economic analyst.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

[quote user="Will"][quote user="virginia.c"]...No sensible debate has ever been allowed to happen in the UK, more's the pity.

[/quote]

Could you explain, please? I was always under the impression that freedom of the press, impartiality in broadcasting, and general freedom of expression was encouraged in Britain, far more than most other countries.

[/quote]

Not sure the British people were ever consulted about the last mass immigration, were they, Will? In fact it was hidden like a guilty secret by a government determined to break the mould as they perceived it. Because they knew that it would not have been tolerated.

[/quote]

Maybe, but public consultation is not the same thing as allowing debate. Immigration has been, and still is, freely debated, one recent example being Nick Griffin on BBC Question Time, plus columns on an almost daily basis in the newspapers. Don't forget the many demonstrations against immigration by the BNP and the similar groups operating under the 'Britain for the British' ticket. And the counter-demonstrations. Admittedly, some will point to police involvement, but that is more to keep the peace than to suppress free speech; it's an emotive subject that polarises people with strong views on both sides, and many others see the police themselves as anti-immigrant. The Welsh and Scottish Nationalists spring to mind too...

Anyway, what was the 'last mass immigration'? Afro-Caribbeans in the 1950s? Ugandan Asians thrown out by Idi Amin? Eastern Europeans in more recent years? Vietnamese boat people? I seem to recall that the last time we were really taken over was by the French in 1066.

Are Gluestick and cut'n'paste mutually  compatible activities? ;-)

A  racist is one who doesn't like the other bloke because he's different.

A pragmatic racist is one who doesn't like the other bloke when  it suits his agenda

An economicically pragmatic racist doesn't like the other bloke but can tell you much in pounds shillings and pence.

Out and out racists, spelt P R A G M A T I S T....D Y S L E X I C maybe? :-)

Success! Just arrived back from the shops without being blocked by the gendarmes.

Just as well, it’s a long flog up the hill on my bike.

I thought about going disguised as a student to make it through the blockade but my days in tight jeans and short skirts were over many moons ago and as for the wrinkles, well it would have been a dead give away.

Time for an aperitif

Bonne soirée!

Yes so back to the topic. 

I admire the French for their willingness to demonstrate to influence their government.  It will be an inconvenience I am sure but what's a week or so's inconvenience when compared to another 2 years working life if you want to retire.  What will be next?  Another 2 years, then another?

We all here the slur, cheese eating surrender monkeys.  Well what's worse?  Cheese eating surrender monkeys of one that eats egg and chips?  We don't even stand up to the people we appoint to carry out our bidding.  Good on them for having more spine than us.

[quote user="crossy67"]Yes so back to the topic. 

I admire the French for their willingness to demonstrate to influence their government.  It will be an inconvenience I am sure but what's a week or so's inconvenience when compared to another 2 years working life if you want to retire.  What will be next?  Another 2 years, then another?

We all here the slur, cheese eating surrender monkeys.  Well what's worse?  Cheese eating surrender monkeys of one that eats egg and chips?  We don't even stand up to the people we appoint to carry out our bidding.  Good on them for having more spine than us.
[/quote] If they had spine they would perhaps be willing to work properly like the rest of Europe. Every Euro we earn in France has to support this massive raft of public 'servants' who are only interested in lunch, their rights, going home, and going on strike. Trying to deal with them in our town is a nightmare, they are surly and rude. It is time for these people to be dragged into the modern world.

Edited to remove html 'Q'

[quote user="virginia.c"]Admittedly I've been preoccupied with nuts this afternoon (of the walnut variety of course) but unless I've missed something, I don't find gluestick's postings racist.....[/quote]

Ah, Ginnie.

Probably that's because you don't live in one of these.............

[IMG]http://i461.photobucket.com/albums/qq332/PercyPee/ivoryt_c.jpg[/IMG]

The term Ivory Tower originates in the Biblical Song of Solomon

(7,4), and was later used as an epithet for Mary.

From the 19th century it has been used to

designate a world or atmosphere where intellectuals

engage in pursuits that are disconnected from the practical concerns of

everyday life. As such, it usually carries pejorative

connotations

of a wilful disconnect from the everyday world; esoteric,

over-specialized, or even useless research; and academic elitism,

if not outright condescension. In American English

usage it is a shorthand for academia or the university,

particularly departments of the humanities.

[quote user="Etoile"]

[quote user="crossy67"]Yes so back to the topic. 

[/quote] If they had spine they would perhaps be willing to work properly like the rest of Europe. Every Euro we earn in France has to support this massive raft of public 'servants' who are only interested in lunch, their rights, going home, and going on strike. Trying to deal with them in our town is a nightmare, they are surly and rude. It is time for these people to be dragged into the modern world.

Edited to remove html 'Q'

[/quote]

I am one of them ( civil servants) , and I do like my job, and I ve worked hard to get it ( 5 years at UNi, then a competitive exam).

Yesterday I gave  two lessons ( though not paid because I was on strike), then I left the school to demonstrate with the others. 10 000 in Niort. I am not an exception, we do like ou job and want to protect the rights our grand parents fought for.

And I have no lesson to get from people like you, who seem to understand nothingabout what's going on, and feel they have a right to insult us. 

I wonder if it may be only a matter of time until we have demonstrations in the UK ? Looking around my own family and friends those who are already the worst off, even though none of them receive state benefits, will be hardest hit by the budget announced today.

Hoddy