Lawless France

betty

When NuLab, AKA NuLiebour, introduced the New Deal for jobs seekers, I was deeply involved in a social project and had to attend a presentation, given by one of the regional honchos for the Employment Service or whatever fanciful name it waas then called.

After the mandatory "Death By Powerpoint" and the guy had droned on interminably, he was foolish enough to pose the very loaded statement, "Any questions?"

My hand went up rather quickly.

"We've all seen and listened to your in depth explanation and watched the illustrations with keen interest. " I said.

"However, you would appear to have omitted one crucial element: the vast new capital being made available."

"What new capital?" he said, bemused. "There is no new capital!"

"So how where and why will skads of new jobs suddenly appear than, "I asked, "If SME employers do not enjoy access to vast new capital resources?"

The lecture hall fell somewhat silent...........................

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Gluestick"]When NuLab, AKA NuLiebour, introduced the New Deal for jobs seekers, I was deeply involved in a social project and had to attend a presentation, given by one of the regional honchos for the Employment Service or whatever fanciful name it waas then called.

After the mandatory "Death By Powerpoint" and the guy had droned on interminably, he was foolish enough to pose the very loaded statement, "Any questions?"

My hand went up rather quickly.

"We've all seen and listened to your in depth explanation and watched the illustrations with keen interest. " I said.

"However, you would appear to have omitted one crucial element: the vast new capital being made available."

"What new capital?" he said, bemused. "There is no new capital!"

"So how where and why will skads of new jobs suddenly appear than, "I asked, "If SME employers do not enjoy access to vast new capital resources?"

The lecture hall fell somewhat silent...........................

[/quote]

...........and a smirk appeared on my face.

Is that how it ended? [:D]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Just what is being discussed on France 5 now. What a clever boy I am!![6][/quote]

Nuances for home consumption to stem a drift to "La Sirène Martine". Even your local lad with the offspring who engage in mutual assignment for rape-ture is having duobts.[:P]

[quote user="pachapapa"]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Just what is being discussed on France 5 now. What a clever boy I am!![6][/quote]

Nuances for home consumption to stem a drift to "La Sirène Martine". Even your local lad with the offspring who engage in mutual assignment for rape-ture is having duobts.[:P]

[/quote]

PPP, get the medication checked my old mate, it's obviously not working. [:D]

[quote user="PaulT"]

...........and a smirk appeared on my face.

Is that how it ended? [:D]

[/quote]

Not really: abject despair was more probably the case: since I was attending as I was chairing a major Urban Regeneration project, a critical aspect therein being economic regeneration.

“I know we're not supposed to be comparing countries, but I wonder if there will be strikes etc in the UK, now that the age for claiming a state pension is going to be raised to 66?
It's going to be especially hard on women, whose retirement age will go up from 60 to 66 in 10 years.”

Can someone please explain to me why women (God bless them) currently start retirement earlier than men and then outlive men, actuarially speaking ?  What’s especially hard about that pray ?

(Uttered whilst leaving the room as quickly as poss J)

I think the idea of women retiring earlier is just an historical feature without an actuarial element. The idea is out of date now which is why it is being changed. That said, women are still much less likely to be able to make enough contributions for a decent pension because they still earn less than men and are much more likely to have a career break in order to care for children or older family members.

Hoddy