More ****, sorry

anotherbanana

Might I suggest introducing the procedure that a lot of private forums have, new forum members are on probation for six posts to prove that they can post relevant, sensible posts until they are accepted as full members?

And no forum names accepted consisting of incomprehensible alpha numeric strings would be accepted?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Harnser said:

Might I suggest introducing the procedure that a lot of private forums have, new forum members are on probation for six posts to prove that they can post relevant, sensible posts until they are accepted as full members?

And no forum names accepted consisting of incomprehensible alpha numeric strings would be accepted?

Yes, something needs to be done.  This is now nearly a daily thing.  The forum has suffered the loss of so many posters already.  Now with the continuous spam, it is dying a sad death.

Wonderfully practical answer, Harnser😄

I would certainly be hugely sorry if the forum were to truly die the death whether slowly or rapidly.

In the past, I posted frequently but I have been unable to gain access easily.  Still having to "forget" the password and then go to my email and put in the exact same rejected password which then is said to be "very strong" and I eventually arrive here.

Because of all that bother and fuss, I have limited my participation.

• 2 weeks later...

Wooly, a belated thank you.  As it happens I don't seem to need a new name.  Gardian has already implied I am a sinister adopter of various identities😇.

You can imagine therefore my relief at finding that I am suddenly allowed to use my own existing name and password.  I did feel like I was indulging in some dastardly cloak-and-dagger activity.

• 2 months later...

Good to see you again, Teapot!  Hope all is well, and well done for your perseverence, yes, it's not the easiest foroum to nagigate onto!  Unlike Lehaut (I thought you liked the cold  weather LH), I'm inside, but sheltering from the heat down south .. I could almost wish for cooler weather even if I hate being cold now! 

2 hours ago, Teapot1 said:

Hello those that may remember me, crikey tight restrictions logging in but still an awful site, it must take some skill to make the website forum as bad as this when the ease at which others operate.

Anyway how are people?

Survive France has just imploded. Lol.

And it was not an electric car catching fire bringing it down.

18 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Survive France has just imploded. Lol.

And it was not an electric car catching fire bringing it down.

On the subject of electric cars exploding, a video recently taken by a french traffic officer of a Tesla on fire after being hit from behind by another Tesla is quite spectacular.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN0KMIjPtJLYAygdpvWhmZ3Fe5aMoYPU__7MnmA8wOkrA-3l-4XpdFhYH2KGHAkjQ/photo/AF1QipMD2yPGZEfdW9M6zLJnU018naVVHtXbsDqhcfI3?key=YlNQUGQzQndYcWM4RHhfZUFPdkF5ZW5FTWdVYnN3

3 hours ago, Teapot1 said:

Hello those that may remember me, crikey tight restrictions logging in but still an awful site, it must take some skill to make the website forum as bad as this when the ease at which others operate.

Anyway how are people?

Hi there, Teapot.  I have missed you.  How're you doin'?

1 hour ago, Harnser said:

On the subject of electric cars exploding, a video recently taken by a french traffic officer of a Tesla on fire after being hit from behind by another Tesla is quite spectacular.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN0KMIjPtJLYAygdpvWhmZ3Fe5aMoYPU__7MnmA8wOkrA-3l-4XpdFhYH2KGHAkjQ/photo/AF1QipMD2yPGZEfdW9M6zLJnU018naVVHtXbsDqhcfI3?key=YlNQUGQzQndYcWM4RHhfZUFPdkF5ZW5FTWdVYnN3

Electric cars are the savior of humanity. Repeat after me.

The most dumb human invention ever made after betamax….IMHO.

But peeps will fall it. 

On 02/08/2023 at 19:16, Teapot1 said:

Doing very well thanks Mint, moving closer to retirement but still have to work for few more years just not this year! How about you?

Hope you stick around now, Teapot.  I mean now that you have worked out how to log on!  Can't let that feat go to waste, can you?

Thanks for asking how I am.  My health has been so so for a number of weeks, or mi figue raisin as the French say.

I agree totally with your comments about the forum site, it IS pretty dire.