Katie...

Do tell, what actual role does a Community Moderator have ? Yes yes I

know wone is allowed to say "Allo, Allo, what's your game sonny" but

what else ?

We have a commune around here that defintely needs moderating..You can

start with the red headed lot and get then to tone the colour 

down a bit, then move on to the pinny brigade, they pee me off, then

the doggie doos on the village green (when you were sweet, sweet 16 and

all that). sound like you will really have your uses Milady. (better get in quick with the creeping eh !)

Whoops forgot this [;-)] been told that if you don't put in a

smiley, then how will people know it was a joke, silly me, I always

thought jokes were kind of obvious myself

but...................................

Whoops forget again, easily done eh?   [:D]

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That will be all for now sir.  Move along, no chit chatting.  Back on topic come along. 

Oh by the way, they have given me a luverly black uniform with a blue ribbon around my hat and an annual free pair of boots.  Helped out with a raid this morning.  Took all the electrical goods for evidence.  Now if there is anything you want in the electrical department sir[Www]

Many thanks to all for the lighthearted posts.

Miki,

I am sorry that you felt that my posts were bizzarre or that I might have been trying to wind you up.  I really was not trying to wind you up.  Having read the Reply to the the Mods post, I realised you had been in the thick of it, and I genuinely wanted your advice.  You have kindly given it, and your advice will be accepted.  No reporting.

This forum has become something of a lifeline for me during a difficult period of my life.  I think that I have made friends, and I am overwhelmed by how helpful total strangers can be.  I have not experienced this before, as in my past job it was survival of the fittest, and no, or very little, loyalty or assistance.  Hence my dismay about the banned person.

Sorry again if I offended you, or wound you up.  I did not mean to.

You also advise that the relevant post was not by the banned person, as does Tresco, so I must apologise to Opas.

Opas, please accept my apologies, you deserve a proper answer.  I felt that the banned person was deliberately trying to wind me up, and also to divert a serious thread.  I read some of his other postings, and I stopped posting as I felt that he was just waiting to pounce, and I did not want to get into any arguments.  I felt threatened and I am too old and have suffered too much for more of that, particularly when I thought that the forum was all sweetness and light.  Perhaps I over-reacted, but please accept my apologies.

Must go now as the other half is agitating for lunch.  Must do as she says as my knee is playing up, and I smashed up the micro tractor yesterday on a half buried tree stump.

Dear Tresco,

Yes you are correct, it is my best understanding that the modern definition between a boat and a ship is that a boat can be carried on a ship, but not vice-versa.  Submarines are an exception though; they are called boats but modern subs cannot be carried on ships.  The historical difference was in the type of sails carried.  Some vessels were "ship rigged" with square sails, and boats usually carried simple sails and were carried on ships for either lifesaving or travelling to shore when the water was too shallow for the ship to go alongside.  I stand ready to be corrected by Will.

See you later this evening,

David

[quote user="David"]

Opas, please accept my apologies, you deserve a proper answer.  I felt that the banned person was deliberately trying to wind me up, and also to divert a serious thread.  I read some of his other postings, and I stopped posting as I felt that he was just waiting to pounce, and I did not want to get into any arguments.  I felt threatened and I am too old and have suffered too much for more of that, particularly when I thought that the forum was all sweetness and light.  Perhaps I over-reacted, but please accept my apologies.

David

[/quote]

Appology and explanation axxepted.

Is my spelling and written grammar really as bad as HIS ?

[geek]

[quote user="Opas"][quote user="David"]

David

[/quote]

Appology and explanation axxepted.

Is my spelling and written grammar really as bad as HIS ?

[geek]

[/quote]

Unless appology (apology) and axxepted (accepted) were deliberate errors (which I think they were)then errr yes [;-)][:)] LOL

David,

No problems with me old chap, I was not sure how to take you, that's

all, so thanks for the apology and I offer you the same apologies back.

Very glad to have helped with advice, most people just take and then

later conveniently forget.....................

Ab, shame on you for what is the difference between men and puppies.  I spend all evening trying to think of another "what is the difference, and then you come up with a masterpiece!

It was hilarious, and I cannot top it so I must try harder.  Thank you.

Uncle David

I like Uncle David, but will this stop me from having a harem like Miki?

[:)]

David,

Please don't let Miki know this, but his harem was always a figment of his own imagination.

We like to humour him, other wise he shows us all his 'dark side' (I've been dying to post this picture).

Only the Dark Lord himself can tell us why he has his 'light sabre' in such a stupid place, but hey, that's Miki![:-))]

[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/twinm/bigmickey.jpg[/IMG]

What no harem?  You have shattered my day dreams of nubile ........

And I was going to ask Miki to share his big secret of how he kept his harem happy, for I thought it must be a big thing.

Perhaps though carpet slippers are more my scene these days.

Uncle David

[quote user="Miki"]"...................big secret of how he kept his harem happy, for I thought it must be a big thing."

Your're not wrong there David my lad, it is a big thing for sure................[Www]

[/quote]

Ladies of the harem, pray tell.  Is Miki correct, or is he boasting?

I do not know if I could handle such a big thing.  Ah well, back to the carpet slippers, farewell day dreams.

Uncle David

Thought for safety I should post a smiley, hope it works.  I cannot find one for jealousy!  [:D]