What is the difference?

David

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense, why do food manufacturers put a false bottom in their packaging ie, Rilletts tubs spring to mind, turn the tub upside down and there is a void. Another being wine bottles, you think there is enough left for another glass, and when you pour , out comes a dribble of wine and there at the bottom is a big gloop of glass. Surely it is more expensive to manufacture a flat tub and make it a smaller size, make the bottle flat and use less glass....any takers?

[quote user="Opas"]. Another being wine bottles, you think there is enough left for another glass, and when you pour , out comes a dribble of wine and there at the bottom is a big gloop of glass. [/quote]

That's because I got at the wine when you weren't looking![Www]

Why do idiots drive down the middle lane for the entire length of the M4 thinking its the best way to get to their destination without getting in anyones way[:@]

Gonna get into trouble for this.

Why to womens worse drivers wear glasses and mens worse drivers wear hats?

[quote user="viva"]

[quote user="Opas"]. Another being wine bottles, you think there is enough left for another glass, and when you pour , out comes a dribble of wine and there at the bottom is a big gloop of glass. [/quote]

[/quote]

Spoken like a true alcoholic!

Would that be last week when I broke my specs? no chance now .

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]

Why do idiots drive down the middle lane for the entire length of the M4 thinking its the best way to get to their destination without getting in anyones way[:@]

Gonna get into trouble for this.

Why to womens worse drivers wear glasses and mens worse drivers wear hats?

[/quote]

Looks like you are taking a pop at me [Www]

"..Miki, could you please give it a rest on the reply to the mods

thread.  You have made your point, and I am worried that they

might just give up and impose censorship which will relegate this forum

to the dregs of other forums.

"...Please, please do not get this forum shut down, or subject to excessive censorship."

David

Sorry David but after the mails I have been sent from above

recently, that is the best laugh I've had today. The only problem for

me,  is how long this post may or may not stay on the thread !

[quote user="SaligoBay"][quote user="David"]

Must have missed the bit about a light bulb.  Can anyone enlighten me?

[/quote]

Sticky Vicky can!  [+o(]

You can read about her yourself in Miki's link.  I'm not going there again!

[/quote]

Yes, sorry for that, I will give the lady a swerve next visit, once seen.......................

Katie only went green around the gills, the Mrs said I had a face that strongly said "I don't believe it" for the few minutes the lady was illusioning !!

I suggest that anyone who does not believe in Magic, should see this

ladies show in Benidorm, don't knock it until you see it, then you can

knock it !! Me, I shall carry the memory in to my old age and wonder

just how that light bulb shone so brightly..................

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]

Yeah watch out Miki,  I have just

had my handcuffs removed.  The big lady will have you and tie you

to a chair and put sellotape on your mouth.

Come to think of it you might enjoy that.

[/quote]

For a brief minute I was thinking you were talking about Alan Bennetts Bag Lady .

Big lady ? I can but guess but with tape on my bouchon, it is hard to say anything eh !! [Www]

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]Yeah Vickys show is like Iraq, everyone knows where it is but nobody should go there![/quote]

Oye Katie, I met a chap there who said it was his 500th visit to see her and

he was so proud when he was presented with a "Golden Bulb" and a "Silver

Razor Blade" he wept unashamedly with pride. If one can watch 10

shows, I take my hat off but ...........500, that takes guts [:D]

[quote user="Opas"][quote user="David"]

I for one do not want anarchy on the forum and I think we need mods, and I am pleased that le bouffon was banned.  Perhaps the mods win some and lose some.  Can we just go forward and post serious replies on the relevant threads, and enjoy ourselves on the Lighter Side threads?  Please, please do not get this forum shut down, or subject to excessive censorship.

David

[/quote]

Why? because he didn`t answer your garden question to your satisfaction? If not do say, I`m interested, honest!

[/quote]

I am not sure if I have managed to quote this correctly as this is the first time that I have tried to quote.  For clarity I am quoting an Opas reply dated 10/04/2006 timed 1534 hours.

I am somewhat distressed by this reply, which is exactly what le bouffon would have said in the gardening thread.  I know that opas is the wife of le bouffon, but I think that this was posted by le bouffon.

It is the same as in the gardening threads, an attempt to both wind me up, and also to divert what was, in the gardening thread, a serious thread.  I mention 39 degrees temperature and topless dollies!  (read the Med Coast but no sun thread) This present thread is supposed to be a nonsense thread, and I am proud to have started it.  I think the thread has been a success, and brought humour to us, but posts like this from opas aka le bouffon depress me.

I will not rise to this wind up and reply to le bouffon.

Should I report this post to the Mods, or will someone else?  This is a matter in which I think the Mods should be involved.  What say you Miki?  I hasten to add Miki that I have no argument with you at all, but seriously seek advice from both you and the others reading this thread.

I feel strongly that if someone is banned, then they should stay banned.  I have learnt recently and I will moderate my slightly off colour attempts at jokes.

I think this forum is wonderful, and I would like it to continue.  I would be devastated if it was closed down, or if I was banned.

This is supposed to be a nonsence thread, so apologies.

What is the difference between a boat and a ship?  If Will replies, then remember submarines!  As a mariner I have several ideas, but I do not know the answer.

Love and kisses to all,

David

David, I think I know the answer.

The difference is, a boat can go on a ship, but not the other way round.

Am I right?

I've enjoyed this thread too, very much. It is the lighter side, so it can be light; I don't think you need to apologise.

Edit: for what it's worth, I think the poster you refer to posted, not the banned person.

What do I know, I actually thought all was fine, until recently.

Le bouffon went his, wife stayed and for sure, it was Mrs O who replied

to you. If you don't want to answer her, fair enough but why ask me ?

Is it to wind me up? Please do not go the way of reporting something

that is an everyday post, far too much of that is already going on. It

harks back to days at school, where children bought in sweets and

apples for the teacher to carry favour, I hated it then and my thoughts

have not changed since.

Why would the forum close down ? It almost certainly will suffer for

it's weeks of madness but unless Archant themselves want to close

it,  it will stay open. You are very acting quite strangely, you

keep begging for it's continuation, stating you would be devestated if

banned, it is all so bizarre, sorry but something feels quite amiss

here .....

Miki, I think if you had got to know David through the gardening thread, and seen what went on there, you might not take this the same way

OK he directed a Q to you, and now you are second guessing...something I'm finding myself doing a lot. Just guessing?

I just want to know if I was right about the ship thing

There are some places I generally don't look at and the Gardening

thread is one of those, so if I have taken him wrongly, I truly think

it was quite an easy thing to do, as quite honestly, the posts here

just felt rather bizarre. I take your word for him and wish him well, I

would have no fears about it David, your forum will be around

for you a while I'm sure.

[quote user="David"][quote user="Opas"][quote user="David"]

I for one do not want anarchy on the forum and I think we need mods, and I am pleased that le bouffon was banned.  Perhaps the mods win some and lose some.  Can we just go forward and post serious replies on the relevant threads, and enjoy ourselves on the Lighter Side threads?  Please, please do not get this forum shut down, or subject to excessive censorship.

David

[/quote]

Why? because he didn`t answer your garden question to your satisfaction? If not do say, I`m interested, honest!

[/quote]

I am not sure if I have managed to quote this correctly as this is the first time that I have tried to quote.  For clarity I am quoting an Opas reply dated 10/04/2006 timed 1534 hours.

I am somewhat distressed by this reply, which is exactly what le bouffon would have said in the gardening thread.  I know that opas is the wife of le bouffon, but I think that this was posted by le bouffon.

It is the same as in the gardening threads, an attempt to both wind me up, and also to divert what was, in the gardening thread, a serious thread.  I mention 39 degrees temperature and topless dollies!  (read the Med Coast but no sun thread) This present thread is supposed to be a nonsense thread, and I am proud to have started it.  I think the thread has been a success, and brought humour to us, but posts like this from opas aka le bouffon depress me.

I will not rise to this wind up and reply to le bouffon.

Should I report this post to the Mods, or will someone else?  This is a matter in which I think the Mods should be involved.  What say you Miki?  I hasten to add Miki that I have no argument with you at all, but seriously seek advice from both you and the others reading this thread.

I feel strongly that if someone is banned, then they should stay banned.  I have learnt recently and I will moderate my slightly off colour attempts at jokes.

I think this forum is wonderful, and I would like it to continue.  I would be devastated if it was closed down, or if I was banned.

This is supposed to be a nonsence thread, so apologies.

What is the difference between a boat and a ship?  If Will replies, then remember submarines!  As a mariner I have several ideas, but I do not know the answer.

Love and kisses to all,

David

[/quote]

David what is the difference between somone who is banned and someone who is not banned?

The one who is banned cannot  do whatever they were banned from!

what is the difference between a housewife and a HGV driver?

the housewife can sit at the computer if she so chooses, the HGV driver(not banned!) sits at the wheel of his vehicle , looking for a traffic jam to make more overtime !

What is the difference between a roof terrace and an allotment?

The roof terrace is private and can get my kit off, I could also do that on the allotment but would have an audience of at least 5  eighty year old men!

So there you have it, the light hearted post , with a serious twist.

Why are you personaly pleased, that Le bouffon was banned.....nothing too awful , even by his standards , in the gardening section!

[quote user="Opas"][quote user="viva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I even get the wine bag out of the box to give it one last squeeeeeeeeeze ![:-))]

[quote user="viva"][quote user="Opas"][quote user="viva"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I even get the wine bag out of the box to give it one last squeeeeeeeeeze ![:-))]

[/quote]

Viva, have you not learnt anything yet, get the scissors..............there is always that bit in the corner![I]