What's your hair colour?

Kitty

Several non matching shades of blonde highlights, arising from having my hair done at the local college's training salon. I'm not being mean, but when my own salon put up their prices to over £90, I came to agree with my late father that "your whole head's not worth that much!".

My hairdresser describes mine as fin et blonde.............actually it is fine and gray                                                                                       [img]http://bestsmileys.com/barber/1.gif[/img]

...was blonde hair, straight, down to below shoulder length when a wee lass. Then around my 20's, it got cut very short to about 2inches! long ... from then on the colour went dark auburn. Since my 40's it is still short, with tendency to curl up in the rain! I hate it when it rains having just come out of the salon, all nicely done up and broke, one drop of rain the whole lot goes up in tight curls!.... The colour is vintage bottled mahogany to disguise the salt&pepper.

I sort of keep with the adage that all french women, past their 40's, colour their hair is that kind of brown dark red woody colour!

Natural strawberry blonde.  Have had low lights in the past as I really do not like my colour sometimes. But at the moment it's just as it comes. I suppose at least I don't have an issue with grey hairs coming through [;-)]

Dark brown, but coloured now to avoid the onset of grey. However, in summer, thanks to the sun and chlorine, it goes an orangey/dark blonde on top, haven't yet been able to do anything about this. Have successfully managed to avoid all attempts by my French hairdresser to make me go red/burgandy/purple.

Strange things have happened this summer to my hair, and it's now the colour of straw!

I was (I am) mouse underneath but used a chestnut dye for years to brighten it up a bit. Then, this Spring, I bucked up courage and had a mesch (sp), red, chestnut and blond highlights. Sounds pretty dire doesn't it, but this is what the hairdresser at the local French salon offered/suggested!

Now it's all bleached by the sun, and for the first time in my life, I'm mainly blond hiding the mouse underneath! I have a feeling I'll be grey by winter.

[quote user="SusanAH"]Dark brown, but coloured now to avoid the onset of grey. However, in summer, thanks to the sun and chlorine, it goes an orangey/dark blonde on top, haven't yet been able to do anything about this. Have successfully managed to avoid all attempts by my French hairdresser to make me go red/burgandy/purple.[/quote]

Susan,  looking at your avatar, the orangey bit on top is lovely.  Can't you do anything about the grey streak across the top though?

My hair is very dark, my Mothers side ofthe family are almost jet black, they are Irish but decended from Spain????  So my skin is pretty fair, with green eyes (Irish) and very dark hair.

Trouble is now, its all turning grey, so hands up, I use hair colour now, but have to buy two boxes as my hair is pretty long.  This vanity lark is expensive.

[quote user="KatieKopyKat"]

[quote user="SusanAH"]Dark brown, but coloured now to avoid the onset of grey. However, in summer, thanks to the sun and chlorine, it goes an orangey/dark blonde on top, haven't yet been able to do anything about this. Have successfully managed to avoid all attempts by my French hairdresser to make me go red/burgandy/purple.[/quote]

Susan,  looking at your avatar, the orangey bit on top is lovely.  Can't you do anything about the grey streak across the top though?

[/quote]

Omigod, Katie, you are right, I'm starting to look like my Jack Russell, Poppy, hair colourwise. That is the exact shade I have, minus the Mallen streak down the centre.

You know Ty, only the other day I was talking with the mother of one of my daughters friends  , whose hair i thought was natural blond..........she lifted her arms up to wave to someone..........Black underarm hair , masses of it. So why the head vanity bit and leave the pit hair natural and long enough to perm!?

I used to be ginger, and while the unseen bits are still surprisingly ginger my head hair is a mixture of brown and grey. So I use L'Oreal light chestnut which covers everything nicely. But it soon bleaches out in the summer. I colour it myself at home. Surprising how many of you are fair to blonde - I have visual images of some of you which I definitely need to change now. Pat.

Doing a quick tot up, it would appear that the hair colourants are approx 12 whereas the naturals (excluding the one man who was brave enough to post) approx 2.

So to join this Forum, you are in a minority if you don't use a bottle (on your hair, that is).

What is it about collar and cuffs matching with you guys!  Do ladies not mind if a chap has to dye his hair?  Perhaps we are interested in more important things..................................like the length of his tie[;-)]