Twinkle's gig

Jonzjob

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Jonzjob"]I drank Fosters in Aus and the U.K. stuff is the stuff te Aussies produced from drinking their own![/quote]

That reminds me of the old joke, if the site's profanity filters will allow it -

q. Do you know the way to C o c k fosters?

a. Let Watneys brew it in England.

(and before I get any more complaints from Watneys fans like I did last time I repeated an old joke containing the name of that company I am merely repeating a joke, not writing libellous comments about a former brewery, the fact that I never liked their products is of course immaterial).

Very similar to one of a series of jokey adverts done by Paul Hogan to advertise said brew.  He was pictured in London, a bloke comes up to him and asks if he knows the way to C o c kfosters.  He replies "Yeah, mate, serve it warm", turns to the camera and says "Don't these Pommies know anything?".

[quote user="Cassis"][quote user="TWINKLE"]

Phil!

Me and my band do 'Love Shack'!

Just trying to stop this thread becoming ANOTHER footie thread[Www]

[/quote]

Sorry Twinks.  Fantastic song - hope you really belt it out!  [:D]
[/quote]

I will dedicate it to you and your shack!

Hello, I had a big box just now and it's gone likkle again???

Hi Twinks, we will be there tomorrow and are looking forward to it. Do you do any Elkie Brooks songs. Pearl's a singer is a BIG favorite of mine!!!

Janis Joplin was a great singer. It's a great shame she conldn't live the life she had and also a great shame that Merkedies Bends is the only song that really seems to have survived... I used to have one of her albums, but it's gone missing somewhere along the line.

à bien tôt!

[quote user="Jonzjob"].....Do you do any Elkie Brooks songs. Pearl's a singer is a BIG favorite of mine!......[/quote]

Jonzy I met the very girl many many moons ago!  She came in with all her 'entourage' to the restaurant where I was working in St Albans. She was lovely, it was so surreal! [:-))] there she was in front of me... I don't know who was more timid her or me!.... I gave her the menu for her to autograph which I no longer have [:(] as it was stolen from me....

I'm slowly working my way through putting my vynil albums onto CD and I have just put my 3 Elkie albums on an MP3 CD. Now I will be able to listen to her a bit more... I'm not surprised that you said she is lovely. I wouldprobably have melted!!![:$][Www][8-)][kiss]

Weeeeeeeeeee, guress who'z got 'is smiliez back!!!!!!

Thank's Admin!!!

Just a warning note for those attending Twinkles gig...wish I could but time and 'er in doors stops me...

NEW MEDICAL TREATMENT

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

Do you suffer from shyness?

Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist

about White Wine.

White Wine is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself

and your actions.

White Wine can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that

you're ready and willing to do

just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of White Wine almost immediately, and with a regimen

of regular doses you can

overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to

live. Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past, and you will discover

many talents you never knew you had. Stop hiding and start living,

with White Wine.

White Wine may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should

not use White Wine. However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming

pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, erotic lustfulness,

loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity,

delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration,

dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker,

Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

WARNING:

The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are

not.

WARNING:

The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a complete

idiot.

WARNING:

The consumption of alcohol may cause you to tell your friends over and over

again that you love them.

WARNING:

The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing.

WARNING:

The consumption of alcohol may make you think you can logically converse with

members of the opposite sex without spitting.

WARNING:

The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter,

faster and better looking than most people.

WARNING:

The consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really

dying for you to telephone them at four in the morning.

I guess it comes with it's own set of problems....much the same though...I can just imagine the wine (red or white) flowing at Twinkle's gig and someone trying to do a duet of  'wind beneath my wings' or something. good luck Twinkle, I'm sure the LF peeps will be singing along wine or no wine...!

best regards

Dave[:)]

Thanks Dave for the helpful advice.

For those wanting to spot me at the gig, I'll be the one reading the print-out, while drinking copious amounts of Guiness.[6]

I wonder if the people who complained about Chris' old avatar are wishing they'd not bothered...I know I am.[:)]