Twinkle's gig

Jonzjob

[quote user="JSA Aude"]... how do we recognise fellow LF loggers [/quote]

I've been dwelling on this.

Jonzjob will be easily identified by having the glossiest head of hair.

You, JSA will be easily identified by some kind of floral theme - specifics yet to be finalised. I advise steering clear of Crysanthsamums, given the time of year.

At present, no one will be able to recognise me, [;-)] because I will effectively be in disguise.

For once, I will not be covered from head to foot in mud, clay, twigs, marmalade and cornflakes (I do try, but the cornflakes will stick to the marmalade).

If you want to spot me, I suspect the thing to do is sit back, and look for the woman going jibber jabber jibber jabber in Twinkles poor little ear.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should be easy to recognise. Tall, hamstrung, sorry andsom, gery hair (soft to the touch) and a grey beard.

Well the hair and beard are correct and I'm just under 6 foot, not rotund but not thin. My OH is tallish, slim with long hair usually in a tucked up pony tail..

Cranationz are for the grave and it ain't going to be a grave evening!!

Anyway we should all know who Twinkle is so that should be a start?

Edit : Tresco me 'air in't gloosy, just soft like me 'ead...

Hi JSA!

I was wondering about this the other day!  You could carry a newspaper or wink at me when you walk in.There are certainly plenty of carnations around at the moment. 

The thing is in this Irish pub there are always quite a few Brits who carry newspapers and there are also a few brave and courageous fellows who dare to wink at me!  So......what to do?

I shall leave it up to you and the merry band to decide how you will recognise each other.  Looking forward to next Thursday - but my knees still wobble a bit and I get butterflies in my tummy when I think about it[:)] 

Twinkle, now you know why I wanted to find out what kind of music you sing (I still don't know, your OHs, but not you?). I said that I would find a way for the gig to be broadcast to the millions. I for one am looking forward to it!!!

Sorry that I got the date wrong, BUT I got the day right, 50% ain't too bad for a bloke!?

Jonz!

For my husbands music -  see my signature - there are great MP3 extracts for the whole of one of their albums.  As for me....you shall have to wait and see!

However - I do like to please the punters and as I have quite a track record (of songs!) I could maybe do a few special requests. So fire away and I will do  my best to oblige or at least find the equivalent in my enormous song book!

Keeping in mind that I can't do anything from the 50's or after 2006[:)]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Jonz!

For my husbands music -  see my signature - there are great MP3 extracts for the whole of one of their albums.  As for me....you shall have to wait and see!

However - I do like to please the punters and as I have quite a track record (of songs!) I could maybe do a few special requests. So fire away and I will do  my best to oblige or at least find the equivalent in my enormous song book!

Keeping in mind that I can't do anything from the 50's or after 2006[:)]

[/quote]

Will you still love me tomorrow

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

You aren't going to drop this are you LEO? 

Will   "You Can't Hurry Love" - Diana Ross be a good equivalent? 

Does this mean you'll be at the gig - I'm not doing special requests for virtual concert goers!

[/quote]

No Twinkle , the gig is too far away from Normandy ,but Iam sure you will be well supported by other forum members.

Sixties Rock/Pop and Irish folk songs are my favourites.My favourite Irish song is "Scorn not the simplicity" written by Phil Coulter and performed by Luke Kelly (r.i.p.)

Leo

"""I like the Beatles more than I should. For my age, I mean. Send me a list and let me choose the whole lot.

That's the best way"""

I love the Beatles because they were in my era. I lived through the 60s and i remember them with very fond memories... 2 1/2 of those years were spent doing her magesty's pleasure in Singapore in the R.A.F. Hell I know, but someone had to do it!! I feel sorry for those that were there and didn't know it?

LOVE AND PEACE MAN!

A senior moment strikes. I'll have to have a think about my favorite femail singers of late 60s and 70s???

Hows about Joni Mitchel, Chelsea Morning... Fantastic!! Or Furry Sings the Blues???