Forum Member cooperlola

cooperlola2

Well done, your courage and cheerfulness are an inspiration to us all.  Hope you get there for the race and perhaps have a little drive round yourself!  Glad that the insurance is sorted out as that must be a load off your mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Following a visit from my doc' just before lunch, it's now been

confirmed that I am going to escape from here next month.  As soon as

the outpatients' department has room for me (probably towards the end

of May), I'll be off.

It's now over 8 months since Coops2's

initial post when I was out cold and nobody else knew what was going to

happen to me.  Thanks to the excellent treatment I've had here, and the

support of the o/h and our friends, the nightmare is now nearly at an

end - although I'm probably never going to be able to walk in quite the

way I once could. 

I've said it before but it bears saying

again - thanks to all of you for your good wishes, posts, cards,

letters etc etc.  These things really do help, especially as this thing

has dragged on for so long.

Yes, yes, yes, Coops, go Girl.............c'est fantastique!

You know, if you do want to do a little bit of the walking that Gemonimo and I will be doing next autumn to Compostela, you'd be very welcome.

Soreeeeeeeeeeeee................Jen, I said I wouldn't speak on your behalf and here I am doing it again!  Desolée!

Dear Coops, gros bisous!

That is such good news. 

I cannot imagine what it'd be like to spend 8 months in hospital.  I did a one month stint before my first was born, amongst others, and that was bad enough. You must be elated. I would say though that when I was discharged from this (and another) hospital stay, although I was delighted to be going home, I did get very emotional. It's surprising how much you become institutionalised, I went through some very weird emotions leaving hospital.

• 2 weeks later...
Hip hip hoorah!  I'm being let out tomorrow after nearly 7 month's here and 9 months of hospital altogether.  Phew!

Had a great send off dinner last night - everybody here is so very kind and in a way I will miss them but I'll be so glad to be home full time.

Oh, Coops, this is such wonderful news!  Must be great to be back in your own home with Coops 2 and your pets.  No doubt you'd miss your dog but he'd be wagging his tail in doggy heaven, I'm certain.

Continued Good Luck![kiss]

Said goodbye to the delightful staff and residents of the Centre de l'Arche this morning.  My, it is good to be home permanently now, even though I'm back there on Monday to start out-patient treatment.

I celebrated in the traditional fashion by nipping straight down to the local Nissan dealer and buying a car.[:D]