Signing in, part two:

Under normal circumstances you can, of course, change your 'chemical formula' password by going to your profile. I did this first few times I was logged out, but there's no point if you are going to be logged out each time.

I'm trying two things at the moment. The first one is just to just diminish the page. If I forget that I'm highlighting my new password and then using 'copy' and then I just re-use it by pasting it each time.

It's still an irritating nuisance though.

Hoddy

Also interesting that I changed my core email recently: whilst my account allowed me to change this to the new email alias, it refuses to change it for signing on!

[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Michaeleff/29021ed_banging.gif[/IMG]

I sincerely hope that my password doesn't change. I can no longer get into the e-mail account that serves this forum, as my password there inexplicably changed to Polish or some other Eastern European language.

It gives me clues I can't read[:(]

If that happens I'll end up re-registering.

My 18 years with IBM started with 360s. I had to repair a 360 90 at Liverpool uni in readyness to go to Africa. The core stor 'bombs' had been christmas tree'd to keep it going. Then 370s, 30 series then to the GSD (garden shed division) Sys 34, 36, 38 and onto AS400s of all sorts. Better than any of these bloody things. I even got into Series 1s. What a beast!?

I still had to sign on to post this. Is there any chance that someone can WAKE UP in the IT place on here. After all it ain't vacance season just yet??? And ther are other forums to go to?