Customer service (lack of!)

Spider

Ordered several hundred Euros worth of goods from Castorama on their internet site. Everything went OK, got several emails, they took the money and said delivery would be 18th (yesterday). Nothing arrived, no telephone or email to say there was a delay. Waited in all day for them, so bloody angry!

Seems par for the course, customer service is almost unknown in France especially in the big stores. That is why we always pay with a UK credit card on large payments. That way you can ignore the shoulder shrug and the comment that "my colleague who deals with that is on holiday" LOL.

The latest crap email from Casto (and my comments) after spending all yesterday morning on facebook, telephone and their website.

Received 11.45 yesterday:

Vous m'indiquez être dans l'attente de la livraison de votre commande.

(no sh1t, so glad you understood the problem)

Je vous rassure, je prends contact avec notre transporteur et je reviens vers vous dans les meilleurs délais.

(So how long does it take to make a bloody phone call?)

Je vous remercie de votre compréhension et vous souhaite une agréable journée.

(I'm not having an agreeable day and I still have not been told why my order has not been delivered!)

Sur castorama.fr, vous pouvez à tout moment préparer vos projets, commander et suivre vos achats 24h/24 7 jours/7 où que vous soyez.

(That's a load of bull poo - it still says on the website delivery will be on the 18/03)

I'll give them a while to contact me again this morning then start again.................

Interestingly, I looked at Leroy Merlin on Trustpilot and they have a similar score yet I have always found them OK.

Interesting contrast - Castorama and B&Q which are both owned by Kingfisher.

Ordered some tiles from B&Q online on 09/02/2019. On ordering it stated delivery would be 23/02/2019 and sure enough that was when they were delivered. Went to fit them yesterday and just too big for where they need to go. Phoned customer service. No problem we can collect them free of charge but cannot do that until 02/04/2019 and we will refund you now and it could take up to 5 days to be in your account. Did not really want them hanging about until April so said I would take them back to a B&Q branch. Loaded them in to the car took them to my local store (B&Q allow you to take items to any store even if they do not stock the item(s)) and the refund made.

Now that is what I call good customer service and have never had a problem with B&Q. However, if you look at the Trustpilot rating:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.diy.com

It is basically the same as Castorama. Perhaps it is only those unhappy who post. Perhaps I should post with my positive experience.

Interesting. I'm sure you are right and mostly people with a bad experience go online to write bad reviews.

I have purchased small items from Castorama before but this is the first time I have used their site and paid for delivery (and last time!)

I have had a problem with Leyroy Merlin in the past. I went online and found they had a Velux window + fitting kit I wanted - several in stock. Traveled 70km to purchase only to find their computer stock details were out of date, they had several windows but no fixing kits. Three weeks to get one for me. Told them what to do with it and purchased the whole thing cheaper at Brico Depot 10 minutes up the road.

Had Casto rang or emailed me to say there was a problem with delivery and it would be delayed a couple of days I would not have minded, it is the lack of communication I object to.

Sent off another email to them this morning. If nothing forthcoming today it might be worth ringing Kingfisher head office.

You're right about only those with bad service saying anything. I was a service manager for a large supermarket and I remember being told at a training day that if you have good service you tell -in average-2 people . If you have had bad service you tell 8.

The attitude of Castorama and some Bricodepot staff to customer service may to some extent be conditioned by the plan to close 15 stores over two years, plus some BD and in Germany some trading under the Screwfix name.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-eco/kingfisher-envisage-de-fermer-15-magasins-castorama-en-france-d-ici-deux-ans-20190320

It says : Selon les syndicats, les magasins Castorama concernés se situent à Lille, Paris et la région parisienne (Seine-et-Marne, Val-d'Oise, Essonne), ainsi qu'à Darnetal (Seine-Maritime) et Angers (Maine-et-Loire).

Which gives a small idea perhaps.

Ooer .. that sounds very sexist.

V Laury was first choice for the job 4 1/2 years ago .. it sounds as though the general woes of French business just might have been responsible.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/sep/10/kingfisher-veronique-laury-new-chief-executive

Mind you .. not getting on top of abysmal deliveries could have a part to play.

I've had more bad than good customer service in France.

After having the lawnmower serviced, and paying when I collected it, I got a letter months later saying I'd not paid. Luckly I had the proof. No apology.

Two days after my husband's funeral, the bill arrived saying pay by return, so I did.  When I contacted the mutelle re insurance, they said I should have contacted them first and they would have paid and the undertakers would then bill me for the difference.  So I told the undertaker, who promised not to cash my cheque. It was cashed 10 days later. Last week I emailed saying I was disappointed that they had not reimbursed me after over six weeks.  They said they'd been waiting for insurance money that hadn't been sent 'au bon service' and I'd be paid 'sous quinzaine'  The insurance money was sent 5 weeks earlier. I'm still waiting...