Sterling finished.

Chancer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread got a little over-heated last night, and several posts have been edited, or removed, by the moderators.

If anyone has any concerns about this, feel free to PM me or any of the other moderators.

Can I remind you guys to avoid personal insults when posting please. 

What a relief. It's Peston's fault - or Gluestick's - and not mine after all.

Ever since someone posted on the Forum that I was responsible for driving down house prices, etc by making negative comments about the outlook for the economy (what power this Forum has), I have had such an enormous guilt complex.

Fast reporting by Peston meant he got the story out first. Which has made him famous. But Peston is not the story. In fact, I would put him amongst those least responsible - the banks, city slickers, heads of government, so-called regulators and the greedy, lazy, gullible general public come well ahead in the blame queue for this mess.

Just received this from someone who works for a Far East hedgefund

"Owners of capital will stimulate the working class to buy more and more of

expensive goods, houses and technology, pushing them to take more and more

expensive credits, until their debt becomes unbearable. The unpaid debt will

lead to bankruptcy of banks, which will have to be nationalized, and the

State will have to take the road which will eventually lead to communism"

So who is it quoting?  A hedgefund manager? A world bank CEO?  Flash Gordon?

No

Karl Marx, Das Kapital, 1867

Hi,

I try to be fairly simplistic about these things. Take a look at the USA, and that is pretty much where we will be in 6 to 12 months time. The one main difference for banks in the UK is that they have massive liabilities in Europe and the US that isn't working in reverse. This means that a bank like The Royal Bank of Scotland has large exposure to the US mortgage market, but of even more concern is that the RBS paid £67bn for ABN AMRO and has massive EUR liabilities that are becoming more expensive in GBP terms to cover as £ depreciates. (They wrote down £23 billion this week against the fall in value of ABN). In the event the UK takes full ownership, the UK tax payer will effectively be taking on liabilities that originated under Dutch ownership. IE UK PLC is has taken a share of bailing out the US and Europe.

Sterling has not finished, but the foreign liabilities and low interest rates mean that current levels are not seen as sufficient to balance supply and demand.

• 3 weeks later...

It had to come eventually I suppose!

[Www]

It's all the fault of the Illuminati: Bilderberg: Davos: Alien Invasion: The New World Order: Freemasonry: The Priory of Scion. etc

Groan.............................

You are not a member of the David Icke Fanclub are you by any chance?

Ask yourself one simple question.

If this nonsense was really true, what profit is there in savagely destroying the wealth of all the secret members of the NWO for some hidden objective?

The Asian money markets have been stuffed full of toxic Western debt, which is why they won't currently lend to the global interbank markets: which is precisely why UK banks are struggling for funds.

And this is a clever and devious strategy?

Bear in mind that Asian investors (particularly sovereign risk funds) now effectively own the USA! And what they don't own, the Arab Petro-Dollars sovereign risk funds do!

The rich want constant access to the savings of the poor, in order that the global capitalist system can function. If the less well off have no money, then the capitalists cannot exploit them. Offering a miserly 0.1% Deposit Rate Interest is hardly a good wheeze then is it!

I know! [I]

The rich overlords are going to pay their armies and security forces in gold bars, so that they can drive the poor into the slave shops.

Trouble is there isn't enough new gold mined each year to keep up with growing industrial demand (Mainly ICT and electronics), let alone the current, transitory fever for bullion gold (i.e. 99.999% pure).

Nope! I have it! The Illuminati have invented a Lodestone which transmutes earth into pure gold!

Ah me: I'll get back to finishing off my perpetual motion machine then: it's going to make my fortune!

[:D]

Stuff the content of that link Gluie, did you think to click on the video of the young Chineese guitarist on the right! She is FANTASTIC!

I am trying to find out who she is and if she has bought out any albums. I love clasical guitar and this is as good as it gets for me. So if anyone can tell me how I can find out who she is then please let me know, pretty please!!!

[quote user="Gluestick"]

It had to come eventually I suppose!

[Www]

It's all the fault of the Illuminati: Bilderberg: Davos: Alien Invasion: The New World Order: Freemasonry: The Priory of Scion. etc

Ask yourself one simple question.

If this nonsense was really true, what profit is there in savagely destroying the wealth of all the secret members of the NWO for some hidden objective?

The Asian money markets have been stuffed full of toxic Western debt, which is why they won't currently lend to the global interbank markets: which is precisely why UK banks are struggling for funds.

And this is a clever and devious strategy?

Bear in mind that Asian investors (particularly sovereign risk funds) now effectively own the USA! And what they don't own, the Arab Petro-Dollars sovereign risk funds do!

The rich want constant access to the savings of the poor, in order that the global capitalist system can function. If the less well off have no money, then the capitalists cannot exploit them. Offering a miserly 0.1% Deposit Rate Interest is hardly a good wheeze then is it!

I know! [I]

The rich overlords are going to pay their armies and security forces in gold bars, so that they can drive the poor into the slave shops.

Trouble is there isn't enough new gold mined each year to keep up with growing industrial demand (Mainly ICT and electronics), let alone the current, transitory fever for bullion gold (i.e. 99.999% pure).

Nope! I have it! The Illuminati have invented a Lodestone which transmutes earth into pure gold!

Ah me: I'll get back to finishing off my perpetual motion machine then: it's going to make my fortune!

[:D]

[/quote]

Did you read Kaphoens link? Who Really Rules Your World

[quote user="Gluestick"]

[/quote]

I'm mystified as to where the above form part of a constructive criticism?

Brian (again)

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Stuff the content of that link Gluie, did you think to click on the video of the young Chineese guitarist on the right! She is FANTASTIC!

I am trying to find out who she is and if she has bought out any albums. I love clasical guitar and this is as good as it gets for me. So if anyone can tell me how I can find out who she is then please let me know, pretty please!!!

[/quote]

Listen to some of Bridget's stuff, Jonz.

http://bridgetmermikides.com/Listen.htm

A local acquaintance of mine, Ken Leftwich, a Luthier growing in demand, made one of Bridget's concert flat top classical guitars.

Ken is going to restore my '60s Burns Jazz semi-accoustic: quite rare now.