Post christmas....

menthe

Are you full of vim and vigour and eagerly embracing a new energetic activity?

Sorry, didn't mean to be flippant or irreverent.  If you are anything like me, I can't at the moment see anything too much to look forward to.  Not personally and certainly not more generally.

Could this be the year of the end of liberal democracies as we understand it?  Elections in large parts of the world are pretty scary.  US, UK, Russia, South Africa, India, to name some of the biggest so called "democracies"

Of course, the US has to be the leader, that is just a fact.  Can Trump really return as president?  Can the Tories be returned to government? I am talking about real elections, not the likes of Russia or India....those are predecided.  And even if the "good guys" win, will the bad guys accept the results?  As we know, that scenario has been well shown and discussed at the time of the Trump insurrection of 2016.

On the personal front, I cannot at the moment plan my year.  Can't even think of how to lose the kilo or so I have gained from too much chocolate and Christmas cake.

Does anyone have any thoughts on any of this?

5 minutes ago, menthe said:

Sorry, didn't mean to be flippant or irreverent.  If you are anything like me, I can't at the moment see anything too much to look forward to.  Not personally and certainly not more generally.

Turn off the news Mint.

It is that easy.

I know how you feel Menthe.  I find it all extremely depressing.  And I think if the Supreme Court allows Mr. Trump to remain on the ballots, he has a strong chance of getting elected.  What that says about the American voters is very worrying. 

Yes, it is easy to turn off the news, but I have never been able to do that for very long.  I feel an obligation to know a little of what is going on in the world.  Sad as it may be.

I try to remain happy in my small bubble here. 

Frankly I believe we are in the end times.

I fully expect to be a victim of either war or civil unrest before I die.

However having realised a few years ago that there was fu1k all I could do about it I'm now enjoying every day as if it was my last. Funnily enough, it's quite liberating.

I prefer “Younger than springtime am I” which I was once and “some enchanted evening “(with a French accent)

Post-Christmas I had been quite happy until our daughter phoned because her VW Golf was running badly. It needs a new injector which is not cheap and it is too cold and wet for me to play games with it.