Indian Summer

52 minutes ago, DaveLister said:

No, your turn.

You find me a 'proof' that isn't contested by someone, somewhere.

You find me an example of your high standard.

The earth is round? Still contested by some.

Man landed on the moon? Contested by even more.

Sandy Hill Massacre? Anyone??

I'm not the one saying climate change is caused by man, you are. So give the proof, incontestable proof; you can't! The items you quote are contested, by the same idiots going on about climate change!!

33 minutes ago, Ken said:

So give the proof, incontestable proof; you can't!

Because incontestable proof doesn't exist.

No one can prove the world is round

Nobody can prove that things will always fall down when you drop them.

No one can prove that the stars are far away.

No one can even prove that you exist Ken. You may just be a figment of my imagination which itself might be an algorithm in a computer network.

prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, DaveLister said:

No one can even prove that you exist Ken. You may just be a figment of my imagination which itself might be an algorithm in a computer network.

prove me wrong.

Your reply is the way a child would write something out of frustration. Incontestable proof doesn't exist! I take it you are an adult?

1 hour ago, DaveLister said:

and your reply reminds me of a standard bot response.

In answer to your question, unless you can give me 'incontestable proof' that you are in fact a human being I can assure you that I am more of an adult that you will ever be.

Yes it sounds like you are very adult. I did need your assurance as I couldn't believe you were!

11 hours ago, DaveLister said:

prove me wrong.

There is a condition called “implausible undeniablility,” when a person struggles to explain away something that’s actually true, because the truth has suddenly become inconvenient or politically incorrect. The problem is that, as Churchill pointed out, "It’s really hard to explain away the truth, because no matter what, there it is.”

9 hours ago, Harnser said:

There is a condition called “implausible undeniablility,”

Actually there isn't, it's just something someone made up on a forum (Prove me wrong😀). In fact your whole posting should be in quotation marks as it's a direct lift ( quote of the month in April if I'm right )  and, whilst I realise I'm being pedantic, Churchill actually said

"Truth is incontrovertible. Panic may resent it. Ignorance may deride it. Malice may distort it. But there it is."

More poetic don't you think?

My point is, Truth, just like Proofs cannot be absolute. They are shaped by our experience of the world. I suggest, if you get a chance, you read "The Day The Universe Changed" by James Burke. It's an eye opener in more ways than one.

• 3 weeks later...