Extraordinarily good weather this January

NormanH

For  the last 2/3 weeks we have had wonderfully sunny days, although a nip in the air until the sun rises, and it looks set to continue. Not sure that it is good for the planet or the water table, but a comfort to my old bones to be able to sit out for a couple of hours at a café table in shirt sleeves in January...

bezweath.png

photo_2022-01-22_14-04-16.jpg

Well it's cold and cloudy here, NormanH, but as I type I see that the blue is returning .. a pocket handerchief as we used to say, is now evident.  I agree it's been lovely to have the sun, but there's often been a cold wind with it which precludes sitting out here, even in the sheltered garden.  I was in Toulouse yesterday (medical - again!) - left in bright sun, it came over cloudy and very cold, and stayed that way all day, evn on the return.  But the sun does make your heart bloom, and stops depressive January taking hold.  Hope you can continue to sit outside at your cafe every day all year!

Here in the ‘upper’ Gard, it has been freezing cold for weeks !

I’m talking about -5C on average every morning at 09.00.

These people who think that if you live in ‘southern France’ it’s 20C+ year round are living in cloud cuckoo land.

As for Norman in Beziers - the St Tropez of the Herault !