Where did I put .........

Suninfrance

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bakery is two doors down and the butcher is directly across the street, so I suppose Mr. P could live on bread, quiche and paté for some time until beri-beri set in.

I had taught him the use of the microwave a few years back when I had to be in hospital for a week, but we no longer have one and I don't think he has any idea how the gas cooker works!

PG

I can't complain about Mark, at all.  He is brilliant! [:)]

He cooks, cleans, irons, washes & still does all the gardening & house repairs as well.  I can't manage things around the house because of my back & he just steps in, when I'm sore & does it all.  Isn't he great?!! [:D]

I'd recommend him for Hubby of the Year Award, but he'd only look for a pay rise!! [:-))]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I was doing garden work this weekend and my wife was about to take a shower.

I realised that I couldn't find the rake. I yelled up to my wife,

"Where is the rake?"

She couldn't hear me and she shouted back, "What?"

I pointed to my eye, then I pointed to my knee and made a raking motion.

Then my wife wasn't sure and said "What?"

I repeated the gestures. "Eye - Kneed - The Rake"

My wife replied that she understands and signals back.

She first points to her eye, next she points to her left breast, then she points to her butt, and finally to her crotch.

Well, there is no way in hell I could even come close to that one.

Exasperated, I went upstairs and asked her, "What the hell was that?

She replies, (scroll down, it's worth it...........)

"Eye - Left Tit - Behind - The Bush"

I write this from Athens where I have gone for a couple of business meetings. Before leaving I collated lots of notes on both potential clients, plus downloads from their websites etc. I spent part of the flight yesterday swotting up, then dozed (flight left at 6.40am). Woke up for the landing, whizzed through immigration then realised that my notes were on the plane.

Taxi to hotel, go to an internet cafe, find websites, note down most important things. On way back to hotel, buy toothpase in little supermarket. Have supper, go to bed.

Get up early for first early meeting, can't find notes - realise by process of elimination that my notes are in the internet cafe (not yet open) or supermarket (not yet open). Phone long suffering other half (hey Athens is only two hours ahead of London) ask her to check the names and addresses of who I am meant to be seeing - computer at home can access PC at work. Write these down on an envelope, get taxi and wonder of wonders I remember to take the envelope...

In different internet cafe now killing time before leaving for the airport ... where is the bit of paper with details of my flight?

Still between meetings, the Parthenon was magical in the winter sunshine.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Yes, but it's funny how when they're on their own, they manage.

[/quote]

Yes, they do!   Mr RumziGal seems to be coping admirably as a single parent.   Suddenly he manages to work, cook for himself and the boy in the evenings, clean the house, walk the dog, do the shopping.......... all that stuff, with no complaints.  It's a bit worrying, really! [blink] [:)]

All my French friends expected me to have the freezer filled with delicious home-made goodies to last them through the 6 months.  But I'm such a useless housewife, that somehow didn't happen.  [:$]

He has bought a new dishwasher in my absence....................

[quote user="Jo"]Oh you still have a mind to wander? Mine left years ago........ Didn't leave a forwarding address..............[/quote]

Mine comes and goes ... some days it works fine, other days it seems to have gone walkabout. The worst thing I find is that I don't know when I wake up which kind of a day it is going to be.

Sue [8-)]

• 4 weeks later...
Today, OH asked me if I thought he was losing his mind.  I said "along with other things, I wouldn't be surprised".  I won't tell you what his reply was, but half an hour later he said "what did I do with my glasses".  Later on, he lost his pencil, his glasses (again), his book, his coffee.

While I was washing up, he actually remembered he had three mugs in the workshop but forgot to bring them in when he went out there to get them.

Oh me .............. what do I do with him [:D]

I've had to nickname my OH 'Mr Faffy' - he just can't seem to go out to the car and go anywhere without coming back for:

a) his glasses (the ones that are supposed to stay in the car but that mysteriously appear in the house every day 'cos he forgets to take them off before leaving the car)

b) car keys (not every time, but often enough)

c) wallet/driving licence (as above)

c) mobile 'phone - he knows better than to go off without it but never remembers it until the last moment

And, as far as working is concerned, I've been through all the 'have you seen my tape measure/chalk/spirit level/etc' so many times that I bought him a fabulous tool belt as part of his Christmas pressie.  It lay in the utility room until the end of January when I persuaded him to actually put some things in it and try it on - now it's hanging up in his workshop, still full of his bits'n'pieces, and he's away on a job today (probably wondering where the heck his x, y + z are)!    [8-)]

I like "Mr Faffy" - also applies to my OH.  He came out here with 3 pairs of glasses.  The day we moved he ran over one pair because they fell out of his top pocket while unhitching the trailer and didn't realise.  One pair in the car, the other on his head.  Since being here he has managed to lose 4 pairs of glasses and countless pairs of sunglasses.

As for work - his favourite stance is hands on hips with a frown on his face.  Not just wondering what he is going to do next, and how, but where the tools are to do the job.  You quite often find him in his workshop (tidying up) with arms akimbo.  It takes a day to tidy up his workshop and then five minutes before his workbench is covered in sawdust, tools, and goodness knows what else and half his tools can be found under the pile of sawdust because he failed to move them out of the way before he started, planing, chopping, cutting, sanding, etc.  I had to go in there yesterday to get something from my single gardening shelf and it was like going through an assault course with all the clutter on the floor.  I wouldn't mind, but he only tidied it up on Friday !!!!!!!!!