Where did I put .........

Suninfrance

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Suninfrance"]Ah ..... maybe in one of the drawers.   But do you know exactly where your phillips screwdriver is or your square and tape measure? [8-)]
[/quote]

Don't ask too many questions. Men can't cope with all of that AND finding their tools!! [:D][;-)]

[quote user="Missy"]

[quote user="Suninfrance"]Ah ..... maybe in one of the drawers.   But do you know exactly where your phillips screwdriver is or your square and tape measure? [8-)]

[/quote]

Don't ask too many questions. Men can't cope with all of that AND finding their tools!! [:D][;-)]

[/quote]

[IMG]http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h17/powerdesal/25112006010.jpg[/IMG]

Phillips drivers on wall behind pillar drill, square on opposite wall with tape measure next to the holy level  [:P]

I have to ask this...

If all of your men are such t*****s, why do you put up with them? Is it the money, or the pleasure you get from moaning about husbands and comparing notes to see whose is the worst? Whenever I see more than two or three exclamation marks, I just know it's a woman writing about her partner.

I do have to say, with the greatest respect, that it's far from a 'man thing'. If I had a euro for every time I'd been asked 'where's my glasses?' I'd be able to retire to France and spend many happy hours losing things. And of course, I'm supposed to know which glasses.

And finally, if I ask a woman 'have you seen...' or 'do you know where xxx is?', why does she think I'm implying that she has stolen it/hidden it/thrown it away?

Powerdesal - I'm impressed, well impressed. 

Will - this is "the Lighter Side".  It's not a case of "picking" on our husbands or comparing who is the worst.  If you ask any of them, they will agree, they have the capability of  losing things and have a laugh about it.  This is why they are married to us women - we are capable of "multi-tasking" which includes knowing where they last had the particular item even if they weren't in the same room at the time.  It's also about taking an interest in how work on the house is progressing [:D]  We "put up" with them because we can both have a laugh about it and because we love 'em.

Now I'm not complaining and I'm not suggesting that I sit on my backside watching his every move.  I will probably be washing, ironing, cleaning, cooking, washing up, bringing the logs in, stoking the fires, making the beds, feeding the cats, weeding the garden, planting in the garden, helping knock walls down, a bit of painting, baking a cake, doing the shopping, etc, etc.oh yes and keeping up with the correspondence on the PC.

Off to bake a banana loaf now, followed by a bit of demolition.  Our lives are varied if nothing else.

Suninfrance, thankyou, I'm impressed that you are impressed.

Some of us lesser mortals can also 'multi-task' to a limited degree. I can drink, smoke, listen to music and operate the computer all at the same time - now thats what I call multi-tasking   [:D]

[quote user="Will"]

And finally, if I ask a woman 'have you seen...' or 'do you know where xxx is?', why does she think I'm implying that she has stolen it/hidden it/thrown it away?

[/quote]

Because she probably has. [:D]

Sorry Suninfrance if you took what I said too seriously; though do I detect some double standards here? [;-)] If a woman objects to something that I have said, then I have never been able to get away with the excuse that it was a joke [6].

"If you ask any of them, they will agree" - of course they will, their wives probably told them to [:D] Now that might really wind some people up.

Just to be sort of serious, I have never understood this multi-tasking thing, and why so many men allow themselves to be put down like that. We are not some intellectually inferior species. I have no problem with doing loads of things at the same time or remembering things (even for Mrs Will). I don't feel that I am really any different, though it might just be because in all of those tests my brain comes out very firmly on the female side (though the results summaries always say this is not necessarily a bad thing, and does not mean you are gay or anything). And I have very little interest in, or inclination to, rebuild houses, watch football, talk cars etc. So perhaps I am odd, maybe it's all to do with being a small fluffy dog. [;-)]

Very Good [:D]

It reminded me of a time last year when I, yes just ME not WE, forgot a couple of things. OH very seriously said he thought I had Alzheimers and suggested I visit the Doc. Needless to say he nearly had to go quickly to the doctors [6]

[quote user="Suninfrance"]I can also drink, smoke, listen to music, operate the computer while cooking dinner and stroking the cat - not boasting - really. [:D]

[/quote]

Just remember you started this ......I can also drink, smoke, listen to music, operate the computer, stroke the cat, let him out/in, talk to swmbo and change channels on the tv  AND talk on the phone at the same time - boast, not me  [:D][:D]

• 6 months later...
......... and so it goes on.  WE have recently lost two of OUR four pairs of sunglasses, only to be discovered under the front seat of the car (what's that about I wonder).   Car key has mysteriously vanished on several occasions only to be found in dirty work clothes in the linen basket.  Only thing that doesn't seem to go missing is cash - strange that, OH always knows where that is!!!  (Except when I raid his wallet to go shopping) - LOL