Re: What would you like your body to do ?

Pads

Laying almost flat on my back because I have just pulled it ...I have to wonder why has the human body not yet evolved enough to be able to drink a glass of wine laying down... with out getting it all over your face or choaking...?? As we are a nation of couch potatoes .....

what would you like your body to be able to do, that it hasnt been built for ?

[quote user="Cendrillon"]Pads

[I]Try using one of those bendy straws, it could be the perfect answer.[;-)]

Bon courage and hope you feel better soon.

[/quote]

Hubby got here before you ... didnt have any bendy ones , but he fused 2 normal ones together at an angle .... my back may hurt but my head is floating ....and he has put a tray with a cushion under it so I can type on the laptop...... must be love ... bless him... or maybe he's just trying to keep me quiet

Pads,

Glad to see your sense of humour is not also flat on its back!  Hope it improves soon, but at least with the wine inside, it will all feel much better!!

Take care, and one day we will meet up down here as promised - when you are not flat on your back, of course!!

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"]

I think it was Dustin Hoffman (not sure) that was being interview on TV when he was asked

Mr Hoffman, you are a great and successful actor, is there anything you could possibly want?

Yeah, the bladder of a 20 year old ...fnah....fnah....[/quote]

And as Ken Dodd said " you should never wear beige trousers over the age of 50"

[quote user="bubbles"]Wish my body would fight off this mozzie bite infection - course of antibiotics and a sadistic surgeon with a needle don't seem to have solved the problem.........yet.[/quote]

Bubbles , I had the same problem and regularly got bitten to blazes. A few years ago I was offered a job that meant I had to spend 3 months in Scotland, and I was not looking forward to the dreaded midges so I spoke to a medical consultant of the company employing me for this project, who advised me to take brewers yeast tablets staring two weeks before I got to the location.  Apparently the tablets release a scent through your skin that Mozzies and midges don't like, much to my delight it worked for me. I must add that it apears not to work for everybody, but if you don't try. 

I'd like my body to have a functioning pancreas, and return to its state before Christmas, before I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic. 

The medical tribunal told me yesterday that I am no longer judged capable of fulfilling my duties as a pompier, the decision is irreversible. 

And that sucks [:(]

Ah, thanks, NickP.

Will give it a go. Am in England next week so will get some then.

Less messy than smearing my body with Marmite.

Am on daily visits to the nurse for the dressing to be changed.

Every day she has to squeeze out more poison (ouch and double ouch) and then shove in some iodine type stuff on gauze (ouch and yaroo in true Bunter style) and put a new dressing on.

Not funny at all.

[quote user="Cat"]

I'd like my body to have a functioning pancreas, and return to its state before Christmas, before I was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic. 

The medical tribunal told me yesterday that I am no longer judged capable of fulfilling my duties as a pompier, the decision is irreversible. 

And that sucks [:(]

[/quote]

Cat, just a message of sympathy.  Type 1:  insulin injections then?

I'm so sorry, Cat.  I don't want to spoil my message by saying, it's not too bad because you clearly think it's horrible.

But, I do understand, Cat, that if the diabetes is well-controlled with medication, then you can lead a "normal" life, whatever normal means.

Didn't realise about the pompier bit.  No comfort to you, I know, but I think their decision is a bit  illogical, given that all sorts of professions (including those in the emergency services) are open to diabetics.

[quote user="NickP"]

[quote user="bubbles"]Wish my body would fight off this mozzie bite infection - course of antibiotics and a sadistic surgeon with a needle don't seem to have solved the problem.........yet.[/quote]

Bubbles , I had the same problem and regularly got bitten to blazes. A few years ago I was offered a job that meant I had to spend 3 months in Scotland, and I was not looking forward to the dreaded midges so I spoke to a medical consultant of the company employing me for this project, who advised me to take brewers yeast tablets staring two weeks before I got to the location.  Apparently the tablets release a scent through your skin that Mozzies and midges don't like, much to my delight it worked for me. I must add that it apears not to work for everybody, but if you don't try. 

[/quote]

Years ago I read somewhere that a daily tot of vodka or gin has the same effect as yeast tablets, so I have been taking a 6pm slug ever since and can confirm that it does indeed work perfectly through the winter.  For some reason it has no effect during the summer.

I would like my body to be able to re-produce the same singing voice outside of my head as the one that sounds perfect to me as I sing along to my favourite songs.