My new baby!

Chris Head

[quote user="Chris Head"]

This is a serious question.

HOW do I wean the lambs off milk?They're costing me a small fortune in powdered milk. I have to go and sit on the grass with them in order for them to stay there, they prefer to race around my workshop creating havoc. Do they want to eat grass like normal sheep do? Nope.

I could have nearly bought a good amp from ebay with the money I've spent on them, including injections and having their tails docked. I've got it wrong somewhere, I know. They have a time limit now.

[/quote]Sock lambs are the biggest bore in this respect -  I'm afraid you're Mum now Chris!  I'm sure you make a lovely job of it.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Missy"]

Bugbear... 8/10.... Très bon effort...

>>>A la une des journaux!!

Aujourd'hui, un bucheron anglais a été pris en flagrant délit entrain de commettre un acte très indécent avec un mouton, au milieu d'un champ de kif [:D][:D]   <<<

Sorry ...[:D]

[/quote]

Merci, J'apprends encore..............................[kiss][kiss]

I am neither a Mum nor a sheeps****er, brugger off the lot of you! Dare I post a piccy of the lambs with their dummies in? Or would it totally shoot my street cred to bits?

I had another set too with the ram today, I actually broke a stick over his head, but he still kept coming at me, he's a nutter (haha). I'm going to shoot him in the new year, so if anybody want's him they're welcome. I'll set the execution date when I've worked my schedules out. I guess he'll be too tough to eat?

I'm personally not scared of him Dots, but I'm getting peed off with having to fight him, he's got me twice already.  He's a danger to other members of the family, I don't fancy having to explain to the parents of my kids friends that a feisty ram hurt their kid! Sarah won't go anywhere near the field. This sounds a bit like the hornet thread!

Muton, slow cooked, yum, yum!!

I remember a long time ago that I jumper a 3 foot high barbed wire fence at the top of a steep slope. The incentive was a bloody great ram, probably much bigger than your small example Chris. But I may be exagerating the size of my ram. It was a long while ago?

I can see what you mean Chris, it would be difficult to explain why you have the pompier there to retrieve a child from a tree and a ram with an evil look in his eye!

Sorry Chris, I hope this won't be taken the the wrong way because I am sure there would be a good answer. But why do you have a ram in the first place when you have or are worried about young children getting into it's area?  Sounds a very sad situation all round. [:(]

Bang on Gay.

He wasn't a threat to start with but I guess he sees the field as his own by now, we've had him for two years. Unfortunately for him the field is also a play and work area, like I said, he's become a danger and he's going into my freezer now I know he won't be inedible!

A butcher isn't an option to me Hoddy,I can't afford it. I need to learn the butchery skills myself, and that's spoken by one who shopped at Waitrose and M&S for ten years!

Save the Ram.

Lets start a petition to save this poor innocent creature from a bullet in the brain.

Join Here and lets save the Ram.

It'll take a lot of money to save this creature so please send all donations to:

Save the Ram. plc, My House, Vienne, France.

Thank you.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Chris, I'm not so sure about the legality of you topping it with a .22. DIY topping is frowned on peut etra?[/quote]

As long as it's done AWAY from the public and for the consumption of the owner (and his family) of the beast, then it's OK....

My OH filled our freezer every year this way and no one told us not too.... A clean .22 Hornet riffle, aim between the eyes and bang! Instant... Best done very early in the morning when the animal is least expecting it. Be VERY!!! quiet as go about the task so not to alert/excite it...

Our 2 kids even watch it being done, butchering and all... No longer do it now, or breed sheep, as the vets bills were more than the value we got at market of the lambs we sold!!(those that escape the freezer) .... Question of economics.....  

Your ram is just very randy [:D] that's wots your problem !!..... you should ask Welsh to help with this......[Www][:D]

If you manage to do it, after you have got the innard out and the fleece off, the meat needs hanging for a week to 10 days before the freezer. It tenderises it and adds a little more taste to it. There is nowt wrong with a good gigot of mutton and a dish of beans (as in the cassoulet beans)! Very nice roast too... needs long slow roast though... but well worth the effort... Sarah's and Godin's expertises should see to it....

Des atteintes volontaires à la vie d'un animal

Art. R 655-1 du Code Pénal

Le fait, sans nécessité, publiquement ou non, de donner volontairement la mort à un animal domestique ou apprivoisé ou tenu en captivité est puni de l'amende prévue pour les contraventions de 5e classe, soit une amende de 762,25 € (5 000 F) à 1 524,5 € (10 000 F) (montant qui peut être porté à 3 049 € (20 000 F) en cas de récidive lorsque le règlement le prévoit).

Les dispositions du présent article ne sont pas applicables aux courses de taureaux lorsqu'une tradition locale ininterrompue peut être évoquée. Elles ne sont pas non plus applicables aux combats de coqs dans les localités où une tradition ininterrompue peut être établie.

You could get him castrated though, which might solve your problem.   [:)]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

I knew the tree huggers wouldn't keep quiet for long![:D]

[/quote]

That is so terribly predictable, and so English. Anyone with an opposing view on any subject today, immediately gets given a name.

I'm not too sure how you fit in with that anyway, given that you actually butcher trees for a living.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Des atteintes volontaires à la vie d'un animal

Art. R 655-1 du Code Pénal

Le fait, sans nécessité, publiquement ou non, de donner volontairement la mort à un animal domestique ou apprivoisé ou tenu en captivité est puni de l'amende prévue pour les contraventions de 5e classe, soit une amende de 762,25 € (5 000 F) à 1 524,5 € (10 000 F) (montant qui peut être porté à 3 049 € (20 000 F) en cas de récidive lorsque le règlement le prévoit).

Les dispositions du présent article ne sont pas applicables aux courses de taureaux lorsqu'une tradition locale ininterrompue peut être évoquée. Elles ne sont pas non plus applicables aux combats de coqs dans les localités où une tradition ininterrompue peut être établie.

You could get him castrated though, which might solve your problem.   [:)]   [/quote]

Sorry forgot that you lived in France!.... Too late to have him castrated!! He will be quite a menace, if not impossible, to catch....

However it says : The fact, without necessity, publically or not,..... Well poor Chris!...It IS NECESSARY for him to get rid of that nuisance and he just has to be discreet about it at the back of his barn......

Who is to know?[8-)]... The ram for sure, Chris and his family, us and everyone else who reads this thread....[:-))] !!....

[quote user="Bugbear"][quote user="Chris Head"]

I knew the tree huggers wouldn't keep quiet for long![:D]

[/quote]

That is so terribly predictable, and so English. Anyone with an opposing view on any subject today, immediately gets given a name.

I'm not too sure how you fit in with that anyway, given that you actually butcher trees for a living.

[/quote]

Bugbear, your comment may have been tongue and cheek, I don't know. But I find the statement offensive. It seems to be used here quite often to describe kind, gentle, civilised people and behaviour. I have never hugged a tree but I would be proud to be called this to be differentiated by the certain individuals here that like to use it.[:@]