Sharon Osborne...Good role model???

Carolski

[quote user="jon"]

Nothing wrong with Essex...still have several friends living in that area...handy for Stanstead airport to Bergerac...when they come to see me...and visa versa.

Pavlova....touch of cornflour and pasperry vinegar makes it chewy and crunchy...passion fruit, bananas and respberries.

[/quote]

Not being horrible, jon, but your menus must be a bit of a larf!

Is there a free meal for the diner who guesses the courses and the ingedients correctly?

[:D]

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure is!

We are all (Mostly!) big boys and girls.

Fire away.

BTW, jon: not just at your expense: it's everyone who is fair game. Within the bounds of the forum's regulations on going OTT and outright insults.

As an example, look at dear old Chris Head's playpen: "Working with Wood"; (Right at the top of the house renovation thread).

Naughty ladies like Just Katie and Twinkle dive in there to wind up the guys when they are fantacising about their new toys: they have lots of fun.

Right ladies?

Talking of 'guess the menu' here are a few items from an automated English translation at a local eaterie. I'm told it has closed, which was a pity because the food was good, but it does mean we can take the p*** with impunity.

What do you reckon these might be (spellings are exactly as written)?

Fricasse of snail to the cream of garlic and whith crusted tomatos house

Salad of goat heat

Salad of mache to lowyer and smoked salmon

Small saute of steaklet of duck minute to apple and the grapes

Stewer of St Jacques and smoked bacon,melted of fennel and white butter to ehe farigoule

And the "piece of resistance":

Marrowy whish the chocolate in the running heart and its ball of brulee cream couloured ice.

Well, just for fun, here's Babel Fish auto translation back into French.

Well what claims to be French!

Fricasse d'escargot à la crème de la maison en croûte de tomatos d'ail et de whith

Salade de la chaleur de chèvre

Salade de mache au lowyer et aux saumons smoked

Petit font sauter du steaklet de la minute de canard à la pomme et aux raisins

Stewer de rue Jacques et lard smoked, fondu du fenouil et du beurre blanc au farigoule d'ehe

Et le "morceau de résistance" :

Le whish de Marrowy le chocolat dans le coeur courant et sa boule de crème brûlée couloured la glace.

Hm.........................................sounds much nicer!

What happened to Sharon Osborne?

Still this is far more interesting!

I think that I am replying to GS's post but it may be someone elses.

Re Aldi fond de boillon, I suggest that you read the label as it has loads of E's and other chemicals, also the principal ingredient is glucose syrup, I do agree though that it is delicious and quick especially mixed with creme fraiche.

Re Colmans mustard powder, I too enjoy introducing French peole to this, most dont believe that mustard comes from a milled flour, my local brasserie owner often asks me to pop home for some when he has a lairy customer, he mixes some up and asks the guy if he wants to try some English mayonnaise!

He always seems to sell a lot of beer after our tasting sessions as I also bring back bombay mix etc for him to serve.

We never had lunch or supper when I was young. We had a cup of tea and a slice of soda bread for breakfast, and when I came home from school we had our gobble (what you would call dinner or tea) I can still hear me mammy calling me "come and get your gobble before it's cold". A lovely recipe of me mammies will now follow! Obtain several potatoes, peel them with a knife or a pairer taking extra care to remove all the eyes. Get a great big pot and fill it with water, then place the potatoes into the pot of water and place on a primus stove and allow to boil for about 20 minutes or untill the potatoes are tender. Remove the pot from the stove and carefully place a large plate over the top of the pot and tilt over a sink untill all the water has been drained and then leave to allow all the residual water to evaporate. Then place potatoes in bowls and eat with a spoon and follow with a cup of water or tea. The peelings can then be fed to a chicken if you are fortunate to have one.

[quote user="FurryKnickers "]We never had lunch or supper when I was young. We had a cup of tea and a slice of soda bread for breakfast, and when I came home from school we had our gobble (what you would call dinner or tea) I can still hear me mammy calling me "come and get your gobble before it's cold". A lovely recipe of me mammies will now follow! Obtain several potatoes, peel them with a knife or a pairer taking extra care to remove all the eyes. Get a great big pot and fill it with water, then place the potatoes into the pot of water and place on a primus stove and allow to boil for about 20 minutes or untill the potatoes are tender. Remove the pot from the stove and carefully place a large plate over the top of the pot and tilt over a sink untill all the water has been drained and then leave to allow all the residual water to evaporate. Then place potatoes in bowls and eat with a spoon and follow with a cup of water or tea. The peelings can then be fed to a chicken if you are fortunate to have one.[/quote]

Whoa there Furry....not so fast.

Get a big pot.....right.  Now say it again but slower please. 

[quote user="FurryKnickers "]We never had lunch or supper when I was young. We had a cup of tea and a slice of soda bread for breakfast, and when I came home from school we had our gobble (what you would call dinner or tea) I can still hear me mammy calling me "come and get your gobble before it's cold". A lovely recipe of me mammies will now follow! Obtain several potatoes, peel them with a knife or a pairer taking extra care to remove all the eyes. Get a great big pot and fill it with water, then place the potatoes into the pot of water and place on a primus stove and allow to boil for about 20 minutes or untill the potatoes are tender. Remove the pot from the stove and carefully place a large plate over the top of the pot and tilt over a sink untill all the water has been drained and then leave to allow all the residual water to evaporate. Then place potatoes in bowls and eat with a spoon and follow with a cup of water or tea. The peelings can then be fed to a chicken if you are fortunate to have one.[/quote]

Spot on Furry!

What kind of world would it be without tatties!

[quote user="Weedon"]

Whoa there Furry....not so fast.

Get a big pot.....right.  Now say it again but slower please. 

[/quote]

You missed a bit 'Get a great big pot....  Obviously still to fast...

For those of you who live here in France who may be vegie...or even vegan...or a good stuffing for a sunday[or otherday ]roast.

Are you all familiar with Duxelle.I stuffed quails with it last week...was very pleasant...served with a decent sauce[prepared from duck stock] made with a dash of Trockenberanausleese.Green beans, brolloi and a puree of sweed and carrott[with a little butter] and Rosti potato.

If the receipe is of use let me know and I will put on here.It can be used to stuff marrow, courgettes, beef toms....whatever

[quote user="jon"]

For those of you who live here in France who may be vegie...or even vegan...or a good stuffing for a sunday[or otherday ]roast.

Are you all familiar with Duxelle.I stuffed quails with it last week...was very pleasant...served with a decent sauce[prepared from duck stock] made with a dash of Trockenberanausleese.Green beans, brolloi and a puree of sweed and carrott[with a little butter] and Rosti potato.

If the receipe is of use let me know and I will put on here.It can be used to stuff marrow, courgettes, beef toms....whatever

[/quote]

What you get up to with quails is entirely your own business Jon, and if it gives you pleasure...well there are worse things in life.  Spare a thought for the quail though, I'm not so sure Trockenberanausweed is their tipple, try chocolates next time.[:-))]