Finally ..........

nomoss

But nm have you heard her saying that MPs should support her deal because it was "good for the nation"?

What I think is that that translates to good for Theresa May and good for the Tories.

Anyone wants to tell me I am wrong?  If you do, please also give me your reason; I'm a reasonable person, I can be persuaded!

That seems a reasonable analysis, but the whole process of crappy deal, wasting time on the non-vote, vote of confidence, party leader election, whatever next, going on for as long as possible.....could all be part of the biggest can-kicking exercise in history.

Finally ...... but Nomoss, as they say in panto (which all this lark is), ā€œOh no it isnā€™t.ā€

I havenā€™t seen anywhere how many letters were actually received - it was probably not many if any more than the 48 required. The BBC website says that 174 MPā€™s have publicly expressed support for her (thus more than enough for her to win the vote), but how long ago was that number arrived at? Its probably fewer now.

I have never been a fan of hers, but you canā€™t help admiring her tenacity and fortitude in all this. Unfortunately, those virtues are also seen by many of us as a refusal to listen and accept reality.

I rather fear that she will win the vote this evening, possibly by getting on for a 100 votes, with Iā€™m sorry to say, a fair few of those supportive votes engendered by self preservation. If that happens, she wonā€™t stand down (although I wish she would) and we face a ā€˜No Dealā€™ outcome. The EU states wonā€™t make any further concessions, other than a bit of flowering up the text a bit here and there.

Our negotiating position is a busted flush - it always was (from the opening moments when she was told that you canā€™t have ā€˜a la carte membershipā€™) and Brussels is just looking at the UK with a mixture of incredulity and disdain.

If she survives, sheā€™ll sooner or later have to go back to Parliament with a proposal which hasnā€™t got a cat in hellā€™s chance of being passed. Then the outcome is likely to be a ā€˜Hard Brexitā€™ and who on earth (from any political persusion) wants that?

Very difficult times. Months and months of negotiation have led to the worst of worst situations. By now, anybody running a large business and placing it where the Government is now, would have been ousted. Pity that its more complicated than that in politics.

[quote user="Gardian"] ... but Nomoss, as they say in panto (which all this lark is), ā€œOh no it isnā€™t.ā€  ..........[/quote]

I simply meant finally the end of the waiting for the next act of the pantomime.

Not finally anything finalised [:D]

Now she has indicated that she will "stand down" before the next election.  In other words, she won't be a liability at that time?

So that will lend her great credibility and she'll win the confidence tonight?  What kind of mickey mouse logic is that?

[quote user="Gardian"] The EU states wonā€™t make any further concessions, other than a bit of flowering up the text a bit here and there.

Our negotiating position is a busted flush - [/quote]
That could well set the precedent for a no deal leave, I have picked up from others that they feel the EU is now not for them and would give it the 2 fingered salute.  The public vote to remain is weakening.

Folks in the UK are more concerned about who will win Strictly Come Dancing than care about the political elite turning the UK into the next Venezuela.

Let's be clear, that is what is going to happen.

30th of March 2019 and the UK is toast.

But hay, lofty is coming back to Eastenders next year. That will cheer you up when your medicines run out and there is no food left on the shelves in supermarkets.

What gets me is on TV News they ask the people on the street what should happen. Some say 'stay in the EU' others just say 'get out' basically there and then. They never ask how the UK will cope without any agreements. Now, companies producing goods that go to the EU have no outlet for them meaning they have to lay off workers (which will include the 'just get out' brigade)......one of my first bosses taught me that I could just say to him 'there is a problem' but also had to offer a solution.,,,,,I have never heard them ask how the UK goes on by just 'getting out'.

A couple of months ago Private Eye reported that Rees Moggs business interests opened an office in Dublin so that they could continue trading within the EU which I thought a little strange for someone whose public face is to get out of the EU for the betterment of the UK.

And how many of the Leavers just voted for Ā£350m per week for the NHS and no Johnny Foreigner.

Wot Teapot said.

I developed a policy, to which I have rigorously adhered for about two years now, of muting the TV every time Farage, Boris, Reese-Mogg or Trump are given the oxygen of publicity.

I'm finding it easier now to simply keep the thing switched off altogether. Except for Strictly.

And I'll be honest...the way politics is going, I'd probably support Danny Dyer if he ran forPM. Although I only know that's an Eastenders reference by osmosis. I haven't watched it since about 1990.