Re: For the Record

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miki is pretty angry about this. In effect he has been told that he can, in a month, ask to come back if he promises to make 'certain assurances about his future conduct'. The mods then 'may look favourably' on his request.

The offence was making a joke about a moderator.

Dick.

I think that you should keep asking the questions but I dont think you will get answers.

You talk of a moderator using terms like libellous, there is a posting on this forum by a moderator which I think that without proof is near libellous, there may well be proof but it is not forthcoming.

free Miki

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Miki is pretty angry about this. In effect he has been told that he can, in a month, ask to come back if he promises to make 'certain assurances about his future conduct'. The mods then 'may look favourably' on his request.

The offence was making a joke about a moderator.

[/quote]

I do not intend getting involved in this as Eslier is dealing with it, but to keep the record straight I have to correct you, that is not the reason Miki received the ban, perhaps he should re read the email.

Then, given the strength of feeling about this, it behoves the forum moderators to make clear what the offence actually was.

After all, if you don't tell us, we might all end up guilty of the same thing.

Also, as I am sure you are aware, secret 'justice' is no justice at all.

[quote user="vervialle"]

I think the strength of feeling is shown in how many posts  have complained about Miki  (NONE) since his banning not one person happy with the decision .

[/quote]

No it is just his  "fans" that are coming out in support.

Why should those who have complained be "outed"? This forum has apparently 6000 members, only a teeny proportion are voicing there support/ anger.

Perhaps the fact that the majority are quiet on this matter should speak volumes?

[quote user="viva"]No it is just his  "fans" that are coming out in support. Why should those who have complained be "outed"? This forum has apparently 6000 members, only a teeny proportion are voicing there support/ anger. Perhaps the fact that the majority are quiet on this matter should speak volumes?[/quote]

Or the majority just does not know enough to have an opinion, one way or the other...?

When I first came across this forum, it took me ages before I felt I could post and join in, as I found the whole place appeared like a clique.

Viva, I know you have crossed swords with Miki before, but despite this, don't you think his input was valuable over the many posts he made?

I'm sure that a lot of people have crossed swords with either Miki or Dick at some point (including me) but this doesn't take away from the fact that they are part of the character of this forum and therefore part of the attraction that has kept us here.  Or do we have to accept that the character of the forum is changing?

Hopefully this forum doesn't turn into a sort of "Big brother" where views considered contrary to those of the ruling class result in banishment to the boggy fringes of civilisation, brainwashing or being cast into oblivions' blackness.[:P]

I have not always agreed with posters but would be dismayed if any of us were "gagged" or cast out simply for disagreeing on a forum.

Perhaps one of the moderators has read too much into "Animal Farm" and thinks he is Napoleon[:)]

[quote user="viva"][quote user="vervialle"]

I think the strength of feeling is shown in how many posts  have complained about Miki  (NONE) since his banning not one person happy with the decision .

[/quote]

No it is just his  "fans" that are coming out in support.

Why should those who have complained be "outed"? This forum has apparently 6000 members, only a teeny proportion are voicing there support/anger.

Perhaps the fact that the majority are quiet on this matter should speak volumes?

[/quote]

A lot more than are taking a contrary position, you'll have noted. Please don't take silence as tacit support of the mods, or opposition to those who disagree with the turn of events.

[quote user="viva"]

[/quote]

Perhaps it does. Given the strong feelings being expressed here and

the roasting that the mods are getting, would any of us be surprised

that many members would rather keep their heads done than risk having

their heads nailed to the furniture for expressing a contray point of

view?

I would hate to be thought of as one who is "keeping their head down" so ;

Dick keep going.

Miki hang on in there.

Mods if you wish to moderate don't participate in the forum - how else can you be dispassionate and clear thinking.

As for Dick being warned off for using Le Buffon's sign off - that really takes the biscuit given the postings Le Buffon made in his many guises.

Strikes me that Archant will wish to take some action if they are to save the forum from  disappearing  altogether.

What a sorry mess.

Free the St Malo 1

And yes - I AM HERE IN FRANCE.

I thought it was ironic that Dick using the famous 'signature' drew the ire of the mod team. Not least because only a couple of days previously to Dicj arriving here in france for his holiday, a mod stated publicly how useful to them 'misplaced apostrophes' were. This was followed by a [;-)]

However, I do think that the mods are members. The idea of mods who cannot post as they have always done (the above example included) sounds all wrong to me. Who would volunteer for that?

But, yes, it is a sorry mess.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Debra, I take your point.
But I am still concerned that injustices have been done here and to say nothing would be dishonest, so I feel I have no choice.

[/quote]

Do the injustices that have been done on here include the unwarranted abuse that Deimos got on the CMU scroungers thread from Miki including telling him to break the law? I don't recall you saying much about that particular injustice.  You know full well that was where and when the trouble started and yet you and/or Miki are trying to make out this is all about a little joke, its not and you know it..

Miki has been baiting the mods and Qullan in particular for weeks now and despite advice from his friends he kept at it, he was also going for one particular member every time he posted,  to my mind those attacks were no better than LB's baiting of certain female posters, unwarranted and uncalled for. In my humble opinion, that poster has posted a darn sight more useful information than anything posted for a long time by Miki.  If you think this Forum will fold because people will leave, well if that includes people who have posted nothing else but wind ups on this thread or have notched up 250 posts in one month without posting one single piece of information about living in France (and  in the process wrecking many serious threads),  well bloody good riddance.[:@]