Balanced Forum

[quote user="Russethouse"]

There is to be no 'naming and shaming' on the site. If you have any complaints about particular individuals/companies then contact the relevant parties or authorities.

[/quote]

I am not arguing and can see these rules were drafted by minds vastly superior to my own little mass of wobbly stufff.  I would say though that this rule, if taken as an absolute rule precludes all statments, negative or otherwise, being made. 

This not only means that one may not name a company but also suggests one may not make obvious the name of a company.

No problem with that.  But would the moderators like to check the thousdands of posts which mention Tiscali, Wanadoo, Orange, The water company, EDF, BA, and so on and so on...

Be realistic modorator, don't quote the rules as though they are cast in stone.   Plainly some degree of common sence must be applied.  There is often just cause to 'have a go at' one or another company provided there is nothing OTT said.  Companies like Ryanair are big and VERY robust and can take it.

I do agree that personal attacks on people should always be pulled... always. 

We all have a moan from time to time about ASDA or cornflakes etc so please don't try to inhibit that... You will ruin your site if you do.

Anyone agree with me?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and that is the rub, your idea of relaying the information accurately may not be the same as the the idea of the person you are relaying the information about.

To be honest, if you would like to discuss the Code of Conduct with Forum Admin, please feel free, in the meantime posts that are not in accordance with the Code of Conduct will be deleted.

.....and that is the rub, your idea of relaying the information accurately may not be the same as the the idea of the person you are relaying the information about.

To be honest, if you would like to discuss the Code of Conduct with Forum Admin, please feel free, in the meantime posts that are not in accordance with the Code of Conduct will be deleted.

[/quote]

That is fair and I will keep to your rules.  Can the rules be discussed in general forum though. I respectfully suggest that as this is a forum and all here are affected by the rules a civilised and proper discussio in open forum is perfectly proper.  Do ypou disagree?

[/quote]

OK... Do you mind if I go through the site and report all comments (negative) about all companies.  Is that OK.  Do you mind if others do the same thing?  This is a rhetorical question and I do not plan to do something so petty but isn't it time to admit maybe some mods have got it a little wrong?

Hmmm - I thought you said you read the Code of Conduct [:)]

Comments or questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted in the open forum.

Hmmm - I thought you said you read the Code of Conduct [:)]

Comments or questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted in the open forum.

[/quote]

Come on now... I am being reasonable.  If you can't see that it is a bit pointless.  I have read the rules and like all rules they are for the guidance of wise men (and women) and the blind obedience of others

[quote user="Cat"]

You already know the answer to that one, as RH says above, please feel free to email forum admin if you would like to discuss the rules.  

[/quote]

So why will no mod answer the simple question.  May rules be discussed in open forum on this site?

[quote user="puppycloud"][quote user="Cat"]

You already know the answer to that one, as RH says above, please feel free to email forum admin if you would like to discuss the rules.  

[/quote]

So why will no mod answer the simple question.  May rules be discussed in open forum on this site?

[/quote]

If the answer is no say so and I will never mention rules agian.... Just also tell me which rule it breaks.

In order to be a responsible member of the online community you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Anyone who doesn’t feel they can abide by these guidelines should not sign up to them. If users are found to be breaching these guidelines once they have joined, they will be issued with one warning or banned immediately depending on the severity of their breach. Previously banned members who post again under a different alias will be deleted without further warnings.

Now, can you keep your promise [:)]

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]And of course Archant can be relied on to make balanced decisions - the same company that STILL takes advertisments from people working in France illegally![/quote]

Mod..  I have reported this comment as one which suggests Archant supports illegal activities but you have not removed it.  The report thing needs to be working if you want people to use it.  Does this by any chance show how absurd your interpretation of the rules is? 

[quote user="Cat"]

In order to be a responsible member of the online community you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Anyone who doesn’t feel they can abide by these guidelines should not sign up to them. If users are found to be breaching these guidelines once they have joined, they will be issued with one warning or banned immediately depending on the severity of their breach. Previously banned members who post again under a different alias will be deleted without further warnings.

Now, can you keep your promise [:)]

[/quote]

Yes, provided you answer the question.  Can we discuss on open forum, the rules of the forum.  Just say no and I will not.  I can not see how discussion of this topic breaches the rules you quote.  The use of heavy typpe incidentally suggests that you feel I am a previously banned member.  I am not and will happil send to you, privately, proof of my Id.

OK I give in... Ain't no gettin blood out of a stone.  I promise to keep to rules and never again discuss the forum rules on the open forum  I promise also to report all breaches of this rules, so I will report to you people who discuss the rules.  I respectfully suggest that all other members might do this also.

I promise also to report anyone saying anything bad about any company.  I respectfully suggest all other forum users have a duty to do this too.

I trust nothing in this post has caused you to worry or breaches any rule.... Sorryyy I sai the R word!!

This forum is pretty good in comparison with another widely used Forum which has Zero Tolerance (quite a few of my postings have been pulled, but I accept it as I have agreed to the code of conduct) and I am sure most forum members will know which one I am talking about!

I feel safe on this Forum as thanks to the rules abuse and bad language are not tolerated but you are given adequate freedom to express your views.

Hi I've always found that when this trouble comes up on forums (as it does on every forum I've ever been on)

The best way of course is if you're not happy with the way the moderators moderate thise site, then go and set up your own, then its your own rools and no one else can tell you what to do!

Archant is there to make money out of painting France as a rosy haven - a paradise land which Brits should aspire to moving to. It is in their interest to ensure that 'negative' or critical postings are removed.  I think that as long as you view the forum in that context you will be fine.

Archant is there to make money out of painting France as a rosy haven - a paradise land which Brits should aspire to moving to. It is in their interest to ensure that 'negative' or critical postings are removed.  I think that as long as you view the forum in that context you will be fine.

Yep! Correct.  That is why I wanted this debate.  Of course that is true.  LF want to paint a lovely view of perfect life in France.  It's just that as a member of the public I happen to care that someone might throw a bit of caution to the wind, sell up their house, move their kids to a foreign country all in the name of selling magazines.

Maybe I shouldnt care but as it is an open Forum I have my moment to say what I think or raise some important questions.

Deby

I think you only have to look at the replies to Sara's (blackcats) recent posts to see that members are allowed to raise pertinent issues, positive or negative - in fact in this case I think the Op thought that too many 'pertinent issues' were mentioned.

[quote user="puppycloud"][quote user="Cat"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good grief, read the rules, but to make it very simple the answer is NO not in the forum. You will now ask why, the reason is that likewise it is not for the Moderators to discuss the rules either but to apply them. The rules or Code of Conduct to give its correct name and to which you agreed to abide by when you joined the forum are the sole domain of Archant. If however in hindsight you now feel you are unable to keep to them please feel free to leave the forum. Other than that if you have a problem with the rules and at the risk of repeating what has been said several times already contact Forum Admin, his contact details can be found here http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/187/ShowForum.aspx

Please feel free to report all the posts which break the Code of Conduct (that is exactly why we have a Report button), it will help us no end as we to have lives outside the forum and can't monitor every single post.

A post from a new user has been removed, in accordance with the code of conduct...

The forum is an open discussion board for Francophiles. Please be aware that it is a message board which from time to time is visited by hoaxers and those not necessarily interested in discussing France and French lifestyle. If you encounter users who you feel are abusing the message boards, please do not respond to them. These users are only encouraged when their messages provoke a response, so the best thing you can do is ignore them. Click on the 'Report' link on their message and Forum Admin or a moderator will deal with the complaint.