Balanced Forum

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, he was French. Just look at the evidence when you have time.

Don't worry about not being up to speed yet, you'll soone catch up my son. But, I am not under any circumstances sleeping on your kitchen floor singing Kumbyan. Well what kind of a cook is your OH (this means your partner)? Al likes ma kuks hotnspicy honeychil...

woolybanana'sbrother

I am interested to know you are a priest.  What seminary did you go to.  Did you know father Placid? He is very well known here in France.  I have a great interest in religeon.  Tell me what you think of the concept of 'ex cathedra'.  I always struggle with this, in particular when thinking of Innocent 3rd.  Maybe we should chat about it on PM.  I am sure others on this thread would be bored by the whole infalability thing.

[quote user="sweet 17"]No, I'm not bored by the concept of papal infallibility.  Wooly, amongst others on the forum, already think they're infallible, so why do you imagine that anyone would be bored?[/quote]

It's just that it is an emotive subject and I do not want to offend anyone.  It is an absolutely fascinating topic however and on which I have spent many years trying to dilute into something I can accept. Still no luck.  I am not a priest but I did grow up in a very very catholic family.  I have learned much about religeon and although no scholar (check the spelling!!) do know a little.  It is why I immeadiatley thought your reference was to Noah's dad.  Even now and with due respect to wolly I suggest that reference is to the person of whom I speak.

Maybe if there is a thread on religeon I will contribute but to continue it here would kind of defeat my first post on this thread.[:)]

Again.. sorry to all about my spelling

But, Wooly, do you think that the present incumbent is as mad and infallible as the previous one?  I don't think I quite mean that but I can't really untangle it.  What I mean to ask you is:  do you think the present pope is as good/better/worse or as mad/normal/sane as the previous one?

whiskersnatch, you may consider that some of WB's comments are casually worded responses however, as you come to know him better you'll realise that on the contrary, his every comment is carefully crafted and calculated to keep him on the very edge where he patently thrives, I think you will enjoy a few spats together [6]

[quote user="ErnieY"]

whiskersnatch, you may consider that some of WB's comments are casually worded responses however, as you come to know him better you'll realise that on the contrary, his every comment is carefully crafted and calculated to keep him to the very edge on which he patently thrives, I think you will enjoy a few spats together [6]

[/quote]

I had already deduced that he is a man of not inconsiderable intelligence. Frankly, he is not alone in that aspect on this site.  I have spent weeks stealing great advice from you all and I am well aware that many of you are very bright, in many varied fields... I also have deduced that some of his comments although well shot have not been aimed particularly well.  In a phrase I like him, I like him alot and I respect his opinions and his manner of dilivery (but not always)... I like his intelligence, I like his whit and I like his bravery. I know he will dislike this as patronisation but it is sincere.  I have little doubt that our exchanges may be, in the future, a l little heated but then so are my exchanges with my wife and children. and those I love.  If I do not value someone's opinion I don't even entertain it with a comment.. So me arguing with a person is in fact a compliment..[:D]

Thank you for your comments but I am not totally unarmed when it comes to a little inter... inta... inrelecual excahnge...   I will say this however.  I  vow that I shall never deliberately throw an insult to him or any other. 

Without meaning to dishearten you.. I have read his posts and I agree pretty much with everything he says, if not perhaps with the delivery

CY

Now I don't understand.  Are we saying that Wiskers is WBB's sister, Randy?  I happen to know that Wiskers's mother was born in 1900 and so that makes WBB far older than I previously thought.

WBB - how many siblings do you have?

My mother has always been reluctant to commit herself. I know of seven immediates, those being my brothers and sisters. But for sure Ma had at least three farmed out in the district and then there were two that Nuncy adopted as they had no kids of their own. Then there is the daughter of the postmistress who is the spit of Ma.

[quote user="Cathy"]

Now I don't understand.  Are we saying that Wiskers is WBB's sister, Randy?  I happen to know that Wiskers's mother was born in 1900 and so that makes WBB far older than I previously thought.

WBB - how many siblings do you have?

[/quote]

I assure you I have not met WWB and tonight is my first contact with him or his sister. 

Then there is the daughter of the postmistress who is the spit of Ma.

I'm not sure that you should be talking about saliva, WBB.  On another thread this evening, Wiskers is saying that dogs cannot lick us or we shall die.

[quote user="wiskersnatch"]I had already deduced that he is a man of not inconsiderable intelligence. Frankly, he is not alone in that aspect on this site.  I have spent weeks stealing great advice from you all and I am well aware that many of you are very bright, in many varied fields... I also have deduced that some of his comments although well shot have not been aimed particularly well.  In a phrase I like him, I like him alot and I respect his opinions and his manner of dilivery (but not always)... I like his intelligence, I like his whit and I like his bravery. I know he will dislike this as patronisation but it is sincere.  I have little doubt that our exchanges may be, in the future, a l little heated but then so are my exchanges with my wife and children. and those I love.  If I do not value someone's opinion I don't even entertain it with a comment.. So me arguing with a person is in fact a compliment..[:D]

Thank you for your comments but I am not totally unarmed when it comes to a little inter... inta... inrelecual excahnge...   I will say this however.  I  vow that I shall never deliberately throw an insult to him or any other. 

Without meaning to dishearten you.. I have read his posts and I agree pretty much with everything he says, if not perhaps with the delivery

CY

[/quote]I too am developing nagging suspicions as to the identity of WS [:D]