Constant music next door.

I have just come onto the forum to calm down. Since 10am my next door neighbours have been playing music so very very loud. I can hear it in every room in my house. I was going outside today to garden, but I just can't. I will be the first to admit I hate modern music, but to hear it so loud has made me well up with anger during the day until I reached bursting point.

I couldn't get them to hear me, so I put my garden hose on and wet them. They were very angry. They turned it down for a while but its started again. They are so ignorant. We have a rule in our village that states no lawn!*

mowers after 10am, on sunday, so as not to disturb the tranquility of the area.

Its nearly every weekend, and it's stressing me no end.  I have been to the mayor, who didn't think much of an english person complaining.

&é"'(-è_ç***=)àç_è-('"é**** There I feel a bit better now. Thank you for listening. 

Poor you, I really feel for you.  I would put your complaint in writing to the Mairie, at least then there is a written record of it.

I have had a similar neighbour problem this last week with someone burning green vegetation on a slow burning fire.  There is no smoke but the odour is acrid and very strong, our entire house and garden stinks of it.  It's worse at night as it's been so calm and warm.  I'm an asthmatic and I'm really struggling now, and tired after nights of poor sleep.  I went and saw who I think is the culprit (we have a hadful of neighbours, spread out) and had a friendly chat with them, not accusing them at all, explaining that for someone elderley or with a resipratory disease it is very distressing and frightening.  Last night was much better - so hopefully I've nipped it in the bud.  

Hi People.

I have the same in the UK, nextdoor neighbour has a new girl friend, all we get is the bang bang of the base, if it was music maybe it would not be to bad, I send in the wife she sort him out, he is a good person, and normally responds.

The other big problem we have are chinock helecopers, the council do not want to know, the MOD do not want to know, After complaining to some twit at the mod, he told me the problem was we live on the flight path to Odiham, I told him I except that but that has nothing to do with the bl    dy thing flying at I guess 500ft over the village, he said but they do not fly after 9.30pm, when I asked why they were flying over my house from 7.45am to 2.45am the next morning he could not answer me other than we have permission to low fly over your village, this week 10.45pm until 12.20am I thought one was going to join me in bed it was that low and close, when I asked why they could not find some where else to train again they could noy give me an answer.

The Bl   dy dog at the bottom of the garden barks for 7.45am till when ever, lat night 11.15pm, I report the owners to the council, who sent out a strong letter to them, the guy came banging on the doors of every one on the estate to see who had report them, he said his wife was up set, my wife said yes so are we, he said our dog does not bark, I counted 22 times in one day that was the base of my complaint.

Our postman said to me one day he just want patting on the head, yes I said with a baseball bat,

Then the guy from the council telephone some weeks later to ask how things were, and I must admit they had gone get a bit quite, he asked me why I had not knocked on this guy door to tell him his dog was barking, the guy was in his lounge watching the television, the dog was on the patio barking its head off, and you want me to tell he its barking. well.

Colin

[quote user="ColinE"]

The other big problem we have are chinock helecopers, the council do not want to know, the MOD do not want to know, After complaining to some twit at the mod, he told me the problem was we live on the flight path to Odiham, I told him I except that but that has nothing to do with the bl    dy thing flying at I guess 500ft over the village, he said but they do not fly after 9.30pm, when I asked why they were flying over my house from 7.45am to 2.45am the next morning he could not answer me other than we have permission to low fly over your village, this week 10.45pm until 12.20am I thought one was going to join me in bed it was that low and close, when I asked why they could not find some where else to train again they could noy give me an answer.

Colin

[/quote]

Its called necessary night flying training, so that the crews stand a chance of surviving in places like Afghanistan. If its one week then live with it and consider it your contribution to the survivability of our troops. Next week it will be someone elses turn.

Hi

No its NOT one week its every week nearly every night, I asked the local MP if this was the only village they were allowed to fly over, all she said was they have to train some where, but not every night, Tuesdays are normally the worse 3-4 hours, have you heard these bl   dy things at 500 feet over you.You cannot think let alone hear anythis, the house shakes.

Colin

You wanna see and hear the jets here, never mind helis but they have to be somewhere, they are looking after us! cant just shove em off? I get really upset when them big low flying planes come over and horses go mad, but as i say they are there for us. [8-|] 

[quote user="ColinE"]

Colin

[/quote]

What a pompous oaf you appear to be. The terrorists in Afganistan do not go to bed at 10pm.The RAF have to train to the highest level and if it upsets a few people well so be it.

An explaination from the RAF

RAF Odiham Flying Programme

03 May 2007

RAF ODIHAM WEEKLY FLYING PROGRAMME PRESS RELEASE

Crews and aircraft from RAF Odiham are currently deployed overseas in Afghanistan and Iraq and are ready to deploy at short notice to fulfil a variety of tasks anywhere in the world.

Our crews need to be trained to meet every eventuality, but it is Ministry of Defence policy that we limit our low flying as much as possible, so every flight that you see will be carrying out an operation, or an essential training task that is preparing the crews for operations at home or abroad. You are, therefore, likely to see our aircraft operating below 500 feet.

Our Chinook, Lynx and Gazelle helicopters normally conduct tasks and routine flying training between 8 am and 11 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8 am to 5 pm on Fridays. However, due to weather, light conditions, task requirements etc, these times may vary. Unfortunately, it is not possible to provide details of the take-off or landing times, routes or heights of all the aircraft sorties. In addition, we hold some aircraft at very short notice to provide support anywhere in the world where it may be needed. This includes an aircraft and crew for emergency commitments, such as the floods in Boscastle in Aug 04 and the Jul 05 London bombings, at 2 hours notice. Hence, it may be necessary for aircraft to depart RAF Odiham out of hours.

In addition to the helicopters, winch-launched and motorised gliders and sometimes model aircraft operate from RAF Odiham in daylight hours at weekends, and on some evenings during the summer.

Our helicopters fly to all areas of the country to undertake tasking and training, and to disperse their noise footprint, so that no one area is subject to concentrated activity. However, we have what is known as a Dedicated User Area for helicopter low flying, covering the counties of Hampshire and West Sussex; so, it is likely that Chinooks will be seen more regularly in this region.

RAF Odiham has an extensive list of fields made available by landowners all over the country, but mainly in our dedicated area, to support our essential requirement to practice field landings by day and night. You may, therefore, see our aircraft at very low level approaching or departing these fields.

Night flying is an essential skill that all of our crews must possess. We are very aware of the disturbance this can cause, but have a duty of care to ensure that our crews are adequately trained and prepared for operational duties, which are more safely conducted by night. We endeavour to complete all of our night flying training as early in the evening as possible, but in summer, we will inevitably have to fly later into the night.

Hi Boil a frog

I think you need to get a life, all this bu   sh  you are giving out, you want to try living here, I have been here for 7 years its got worse and worse, the bottom line of the sheet you sent some it up, ( we try to stop flying early evening) that means 12.15am or 3am I thought this was early morning, and as I have saide why not over fly some where else for a change and give our village a break.

All I loose is sleep, what about the people who are still working and have to get up early in the morning that dont count I suppose.

Colin

Colin,

Of course its got worse, the war situation has got worse, the operational needs have got worse.

Night flying in summer is always a pain because sunset is that much later. Finishing night flying in early evening wouldn't be night flying would it, its still light. Hence the MOD comment about having to finish later.

Regarding people still working, the aircrew and ground crew are not doing it for fun or some twisted idea of upsetting the locals. They are working through the night also, particularly the ground crew who have work on the choppers when they have landed. They too would like to be at home with their families.

You are correct that all you lose is sleep, without the training the aircrew and troops could lose a hell of a lot more than sleep.

I think its you that needs to get a life and stop being so damned inconsiderate and self centred.

Ahem chaps white_flag.gif

Just a reminder that it's fine to challenge someone's reasoning, or their facts (or grasp of them) on the forum, but please avoid aiming insults directly at a poster.  There is always another way of saying things, you might think someone is an idiot, you might want to say so, but find fault with their argument, not their personality. 

This way this thread is going isn't going to help poor old Mooky.

ColinE!

I love your posts - you remind me of the Harry Enfield character Stavros when he has a rant!  "Iss bl     dy not on"[:D]  I symapathise with your dilemma, and hope you get some peace and quiet soon[:)]

Mooky!

I once hosed down a neighbours cat who kept picking fights with one of my cats - but to actually hose down your neighbour. Wow!  Respect[;-)]

[quote user="powerdesal"]I agree Derek, however I do confess to having a vested interest in keeping the troops in Afghanistan as safe as possible, even to the extent of some inconvenience to those at home.

[/quote]

Hi Steve.   I do understand your point of view as well.... (oh well, that's me sitting on the fence I suppose [8-)])

A friend of a friend of mine was fed up with his neighbours' constant smelly, smoky barbecues. One of those built in brick ones which was on the boundary wall.

In the end he put his hosepipe down the chimney (you know what I mean!) and, with a straight face, assured his neighbour that he thought he was helping to extinguish the out of control fire.

Not sure what happened next mind you.

You people don't know the meaning of stress.  Helicopters , smoky BBQs and loud music I could deal with, no trouble.  You try getting to sleep with a blooming owl screeching night after night and tiny frogs emitting whistling noises right outside your bedroom window, and then to be woken at around 6:30 by a big black crow making a horrendous noise outside.  As I live a quarter of a mile from my nearest neighbour the owl, frog noises and crow noises are the only thing I can hear, a little light music, some smoked burger smells and the reassuring tukka tukka tukka of a helicopter sounds like it could be a nice way to go to sleep.  It has got so bad here that I have had to snatch some sleep in the afternoons, after a couple of beers of course.

And...do you know..you can't get a pizza boy to deliver this far out of town...AND we haven't even got an Indian resto, let alone get a takeaway.  I tell you, at 30 degrees over the last few days it's hell here.[B]

Exactly Coops, the supermarkets are full of the stuff.  I'm thinking of complaining to the Maire about those tractor headlights at night, haven't the farmers got homes to go to?

Just between you and I, I read somewhere that Napoleans white horse is buried in the grounds of the Glassonbury Estate close to The Peacock Inn, Iden Green. 

We have it even worse, our farmer neighbour stops spraying the apple trees when he is even close to our property so that none of that expensive spray will drift onto either of our 2 apple trees, i mean just how greedy can one be, after all he has 230 acres and 13 varities of apples, it does not matter that we are allowed to eat as many as we like, it simple is the principal. On another side of the garden we have the same problem, again the other farmer stops the spray drifting into our garden whilst spraying or feeding the grapes for his cognac, and giving no consideration to our 3 vines. In addition the smell of cognac production in late october for several days is worrying as i feel that the impots man may hit us with an assement for tax. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ams