DSK, can we believe this?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="pachapapa"]

And the abuses by female french politicians!

http://www.rue89.com/2011/05/30/elle-plaisante-sur-morano-et-est-licenciee-pour-faute-grave-206765

[/quote]

On envoyé spécial the journalist said that we had to understand that male french politicans were inappropriate, now we find that a female is too.

Now, just how inappropriate in the past does any of them think that they will have been with Margaret , or now with Angela? They wouldn't!  So why do they in France? It is simple, people get away with behaviour because they are not told NON! French women don't mind? Too frightened to say anything? I don't really care about the reasons? Need to get a grip and get this sorted NOW! Ladies, (a general address and to absolutely no one in particular, other than les françaises), frankly now don't blame the men as much as yourselves. Being treated respectfully doesn't make a woman less needed, wanted, or desirable. The 'game' is still on, just different rules.

So, you wanna stuff a political opponent, probably in your party, well, then, accuse him or her of abuse or harrassment. Or both. Go on, it's the game of the summer. Ooops, the word 'game' might be a bit inappropriate. And 'gamey meat' comes to mind. Naaaaaah.

Let's get the sweet balmy days of the long knives over and sort the wheat from the chaff and get the real abusers and rapists sorted, then start changing attitudes.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

So, you wanna stuff a political opponent, probably in your party, well, then, accuse him or her of abuse or harrassment. Or both. Go on, it's the game of the summer. Ooops, the word 'game' might be a bit inappropriate. And 'gamey meat' comes to mind. Naaaaaah.

Let's get the sweet balmy days of the long knives over and sort the wheat from the chaff and get the real abusers and rapists sorted, then start changing attitudes.

[/quote]

But how many of them are they. The female journalist didn't say, 'the odd one', she said male politicians. I'm sure that les femmes are to everyone of them's taste though.

Sadly it sounds like most of them could be 'stuffed' and quite easily.  Chicken and egg here, what has to come first, the start of a change of attitudes OR knives drawn OR both. It is going to be a mess whichever way it happens. And whatever happens there will have been no point in any of it at all  if attitudes do not subsequently change.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Yes, what about all these monsters let out to attack again and again and to kill, those poor joggers for example.

[/quote]

YES, that is a big issue, needs to change !

You can't attack someone, get out of jail after a few years, no treatment, .. too many do it again !!

If that is love?

Well what is love?

I can imagine defending my kids to the n'th degree, but I don't know about this.

When I was a teenager I remember well that explosion of love, passion and infatuation for someone. Then I grew up. I still fell in love and I daresay I could again, but so blindly, and without the hormonal surges of youth, nah.   This sounds dilusional to me, but there you go. 

Maybe she's stuck her neck out so far, so publicly, in his defence through the years and now through the worse accusations, that she will not admit she may have been wrong...?

It's one thing to say you don't mind if your husband is a philanderer, but by some accounts, she's in denial about most of his dalliances, even describing his affair with his IMF subordinate as a one-night-stand.

[quote user="Clair"]Maybe she's stuck her neck out so far, so publicly, in his defence through the years and now through the worse accusations, that she will not admit she may have been wrong...?

It's one thing to say you don't mind if your husband is a philanderer, but by some accounts, she's in denial about most of his dalliances, even describing his affair with his IMF subordinate as a one-night-stand.
[/quote]

I don't suppose it's possible to understand another person's attitudes and motivations. 

Remember the wives of those mass murderers, Fred West and Dr Shipman?  If memory serves me right, both those wives "stood by their men" and were, to all appearances, in total denial of what their husbands had done.

They were prepared to take public villification for the sake of their murderer husbands.  It was alledged that both knew what their men were up to but did nothing about stopping their activities.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Surely you're not comparing Anne Sinclair with that.   [6]

[/quote]

No, Christine, what I meant was that Anne Sinclair had a lot less to "forgive" than those two other women.

As I said earlier, RH, we can never know another person's attitude and motivation.  Thanks for posting the article as I'd only thought of those women when I was answering Clair's post and the details of those stories were hazy in my mind.

My comments were about how much the article said she was 'in love' 'besotted' with DSK. We are all different, but to me the article spoke of a 'love' that was 'hyper'. I didn't think it sounded very 'stable' or healthy.