EHIC - from 1 may 2010

[quote user="nounours"]

The criteria for getting a letter is you are in receipt of a UK old age pension.  Previous possession of an EHIC, French or UK does not have any bearing on this issue.

[/quote]

So, OH is in receipt of UK state pension, and, so far, hasn't had one.  Unless they are sending out by A-Z of surname (I'm at the beginning, he's at the end), there is something wrong in your assumption.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="AnOther"]

PS: Rather than OCR a simple and quick photo of a page will often suffuce [;-)]

[/quote]

You are, as always [:P] quite right. It was my whole scanning software that needed an upgrade not just the OCR function. (old bloke syndrome)[:)]

[quote user="Judith"][quote user="nounours"]

The criteria for getting a letter is you are in receipt of a UK old age pension.  Previous possession of an EHIC, French or UK does not have any bearing on this issue.

[/quote]

So, OH is in receipt of UK state pension, and, so far, hasn't had one.  Unless they are sending out by A-Z of surname (I'm at the beginning, he's at the end), there is something wrong in your assumption.

[/quote]

The letter Bogbear posted must be wrong then, it should have read "as you have applied for an EHIC in France" [Www]

OK, I might have been confusing the issue here.  OH's letter arrived this morning - he asked me what it was all about, and do I need one?  So I think it is people in receipt of UK state pension as he's had an EHIC in the past but hasn't one currently.  Looks like the timing is due to the difference in surname letter, often happens. 

I went to our CPAM earlier this week to get an EHIC. To avoid the usual queue, I applied using the "borne" at the door. Got a printed attestation out straight away. Put it in handbag and forgot about it.

When OH got THE LETTER, I fished out the attestation - and it is valid only until 30/4/2010. Cannot be coincidenece, but am amazed that they seem to be up to date with the new legislation already.

Chrissie (81)

[quote user="Chrissie"]I went to our CPAM earlier this week to get an EHIC. To avoid the usual queue, I applied using the "borne" at the door. Got a printed attestation out straight away. Put it in handbag and forgot about it.

When OH got THE LETTER, I fished out the attestation - and it is valid only until 30/4/2010. Cannot be coincidenece, but am amazed that they seem to be up to date with the new legislation already.

Chrissie (81)[/quote]

Same here, Certificate Provisoire CEAM: Valid from 19/01/2010 to 18/04/2010.

We are both 65+ year old pensioners whose French issued EHICS were due for renewal in January so last Monday  I went to the local CPAM with the old ones and asked if they could be renewed. The lady did what ever it is she does on the computer , kept the old ones and said we'd receive our new ones in about two weeks.

When I got home that day I found the post had brought  letters for each of us from the UK with the 'new' UK EHIC forms to be completed which we duly  filled in and posted to UK.  I assumed that I'd had what would prove to be a wasted journey to the CPAM,and that I would receive a letter of refusal from some head office explaining that France would no longer supply the cards etc...

Today,however, we have received from CPAM new French EHICs valid till 31.01.2011.

As the UK info said that the new UK issued cards would not arrive till May we'll  hang on to the new French ones  meanwhile, especially since we shall be away from France in March.

Definitely seems there are different things going on in different regions at the moment- all to do with updating their computer programs I suppose.

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Je ne donne pas un singes"] Certificate Provisoire CEAM: Valid from 19/01/2010 to 18/04/2010.[/quote]

I was told that the certificates are usually valid for 3 months, so no change there.

Sue

[/quote]

You are right,  because if I could have been ars** to check the plastic version that followed, I would have know that they are valid for a full year[:$]

Although I’m not yet of pensionable age, another 18 months yet. I too have just received my letter and application form this morning. I am certainly not concerned at all, as it seems to be quite transparent.

Due to changes in EC regulations, from 1 May 2010 the United Kingdom, as the member state responsible for payments of your pension, will also then be responsible for issue of your EHIC instead of the member state where you are now living. Blaa Blaa Blaa Next Paragraph.

The EHIC will cover any medical treatment that becomes necessary during your trip because of either illness or an accident, or in relation to some pre-existing condition.

So if you don't get a pension or any form of disability aid from the UK, have you asked yourself why you have received it? 

The issue for pensioners is quite straight straight forward but originally the position of dependents on an E121 was not clear, it is now, they will also get letters in due course[:D]

Mr Wiggy, if you had read the thread(s) the main area of concern for most of us was not about those on an E form or in receipt of a UK OA pension, the concern was about those who were not!!  Your post suggested that you were in receipt of a letter without being in receipt of either and may have heralded the start of the letters to the E Form dependents, but it wasn't.[:$]

I’m not the flaming governmental dept that has inflamed and enraged the ex-pats by not making clear the situation concerning these EHIC cards.

I further can’t understand what is wrong with you people; all I did was to make a statement of fact appertaining to my particular situation.

Yes I’m under 65 and Yes I have a pre-existing health condition.

I have also been on the 10.5 months out of date and therefore totally Useless Directgov site to try to find a little more information.

A Complete waste of space, so I would suggest that you aim your remarks at the relevant Department of the UK government for a lack of clarity in this situation.