EHIC - from 1 may 2010

[quote user="Mr Wiggy"]

I’m not the flaming governmental dept that has inflamed and enraged the ex-pats by not making clear the situation concerning these EHIC cards.

I further can’t understand what is wrong with you people; all I did was to make a statement of fact appertaining to my particular situation.

Yes I’m under 65 and Yes I have a pre-existing health condition.

I have also been on the 10.5 months out of date and therefore totally Useless Directgov site to try to find a little more information.

A Complete waste of space, so I would suggest that you aim your remarks at the relevant Department of the UK government for a lack of clarity in this situation.

[/quote]

If you read through these postings you will see that your situation was covered in the early part of this thread. Your posting was then a little disingeuous which it took Russerhouse to draw out of you that you have an E121 issued to you personally for a reason other than retirement. That's where the confusion arose.

As has already been said this has been a c*ck up by DWP.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the situation is with an EHIC if someone who is a French resident in all senses of the word goes to live in the UK for more than 6 months doing unpaid work, like looking after a grandchild, elderly relative? What would be the position re a GP, dental care and normal medications supplies?

Very interesting document ANO.

I wonder how thay decided that these people are entitled to free NHS treatment

• have been identified as having been trafficked from abroad or are believed to have been trafficked from abroad
  • But these arent!

However, if you are studying abroad you are not entitled to free NHS treatment (it refers to UK natonals studying abroad)

[quote user="Chancer"]

Very interesting document ANO.

I wonder how thay decided that these people are entitled to free NHS treatment

• have been identified as having been trafficked from abroad or are believed to have been trafficked from abroad

[/quote]

• Perhaps this refers to children and groups of people found in the back of, or  under lorries who may be in need of treatment.