Nothing?

Battled my way from the Pas de C yesterday and back in probably the worst road conditions I can remember, continuous hard rain, light mist and the trucks playing dodgems. I gather there was flooding in Paris amongst others. Time for a decemt bit of late Spring, methinks.

12 hours ago, anotherbanana said:

And my daughter woke me late in the night with a joyous cry of “ They got the barsteward, viva NY”. 

I wonder why the press don't focus on Biden? His business dealings, let alone his families shady behaviour which gets hardly any attention. The U.S. is not so slowly turning into a cess pit, still, blame Trump I suppose!! I'm now torn between my support for Trump and my support for Biden. Trump would , possibly, end support for Ukraine if he becomes President whilst Biden continues with support. On balance I suppose then I have to continue with saying Biden is best, despite his shady dealings and senility. The Democrats are turning major cities into slums run by drug addicts and criminals . I will be in San Francisco in  August, can't wait!!!

Don't think the population have much control over the choice of their president.  The two party system is the problem.  You rabidly support one or the other and nothing will make you change your mind.  The senators/representatives have their snouts so deep in the trough that they will support someone so blatantly corrupt as Trump/Santos (who admits lying on multiple fronts to get his job) just so they can keep their jobs.   They appear to have no interest in the well being of people as a whole, just their wallets.  It is their country just as France/UK is ours.  What I object to is the push to their population that they are the "best of the best". 

As of 7 May there were 202 mass shootings.  The only solution so far put forward on a broad front is "thoughts and prayers".  Any thought of anything else by their elected officials is too difficult. 

America is 13th in the quality of life index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit. This survey quantifies healthiness, family life, community life, material wellbeing, political stability and security, climate and geography, job security, political freedom, and gender equality.

The United States ranks 49th in life expectancy and an outrageous 178th in infant mortality.

The United States ranks a dismal 25th in education. 

America ranks 13th in starting a business. 

The U.S. ranks 47th in press freedom

America is ranked 10th in economic freedom

There are 21 countries better than America in freedom from corruption, according to Heritage.org and the U.S. was ranked 24th in perceived honesty, according to Transparency.org.

Unemployment rate is worse than 102 of the 200 countries listed in the CIA Factbook and they are 142nd out of 150 countries in infrastructure investment.

On the good news front;

The pharmaceutical companies make a lot of money

The United States leads the world in only three categories.

1. Number of incarcerated citizens per capita,
  2. Number of adults who believe angels are real, and
  3. Defence spending

On 11/05/2023 at 06:55, Ken said:

I wonder why the press don't focus on Biden? His business dealings, let alone his families shady behaviour which gets hardly any attention. The U.S. is not so slowly turning into a cess pit, still, blame Trump I suppose!! I'm now torn between my support for Trump and my support for Biden. Trump would , possibly, end support for Ukraine if he becomes President whilst Biden continues with support. On balance I suppose then I have to continue with saying Biden is best, despite his shady dealings and senility. The Democrats are turning major cities into slums run by drug addicts and criminals . I will be in San Francisco in  August, can't wait!!!

The full official, incontrovertible details of the corrupt, money grubbing Biden crime family laid bare. Bank records. Money "wires" (transfers) from foreign governments including China. The whole family is involved. But no media will report or comment on it - Why?

Is that because "Orange Man Bad"  or  have the Democrats bought the US media?

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Bank-Memorandum-5.10.23.pdf

4 hours ago, Harnser said:

The full official, incontrovertible details of the corrupt, money grubbing Biden crime family laid bare. Bank records. Money "wires" (transfers) from foreign governments including China. The whole family is involved. But no media will report or comment on it - Why?

Is that because "Orange Man Bad"  or  have the Democrats bought the US media?

https://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Bank-Memorandum-5.10.23.pdf

I suppose that no one can be blamed for making money, even the Bidens! It's how they make that money is the problem. The enquiry hasn't , yet, named any individuals or made any recommendations regarding prosecution but the whole affair does stink! Just why the press are not into it is a mystery. The USA is fast becoming a basket case under the Democrats. The top dogs seem well content, as the Bidens' are showing but down in the streets it's a disaster.

Trump should, if he can control his mouth a bit more, win the next election easily. Surely the average American is sick of Biden and the corrupt Democrats? Having said that if someone were to offer me 1.2 million dollars because I'm black then they would get my vote for sure!!!!

5 hours ago, betise said:

Not forgetting Paris, Texas!

Written by Sam Shepard (1984) who also, amongst other things, performed banjo on Patti Smith's cover of Nirvana's song 'Smells Like Teen Spirit album Twelve. 😉

On 13/05/2023 at 06:55, Ken said:

I suppose that no one can be blamed for making money, even the Bidens! It's how they make that money is the problem. The enquiry hasn't , yet, named any individuals or made any recommendations regarding prosecution but the whole affair does stink! Just why the press are not into it is a mystery. The USA is fast becoming a basket case under the Democrats. The top dogs seem well content, as the Bidens' are showing but down in the streets it's a disaster.

Trump should, if he can control his mouth a bit more, win the next election easily. Surely the average American is sick of Biden and the corrupt Democrats? Having said that if someone were to offer me 1.2 million dollars because I'm black then they would get my vote for sure!!!!

"The enquiry hasn't , yet, named any individuals"

Au contraire !

bidenchinapayments.png

42 minutes ago, Harnser said:

"The enquiry hasn't , yet, named any individuals"

Au contraire !

bidenchinapayments.png

I stand corrected but what I should have said is that no individual has been charged with anything illegal, unless of course I'm behind that also!