Well its that time of year again, we've had cherries, cherry cake, cherry crumble and I have just made a pan full of cherry jam! I am going to the garden in a while and will no doubt come back with another sackfull, I have even got cherry fingernails through stoning the things.

So Rob , how many jars of cherry jam were you wanting?

There is a vide grenier in our village on the 18th, perhaps I will set up a stall..... selling cherry everything..

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Cerises à l'Eau-de-Vie, mais tch, tch, no tasting for several months :

http://frenchfood.about.com/od/apritifdrinks/r/chliqueur.htm

and Debra, has even more suggestions :

http://frenchfood.about.com/library/weekly/aa071802a.htm?terms=great+christmas+gifts                              

Had a look at the website, some yummy looking recipes to try but I must get a stoner first..........my hands look terrible with all that mucky red/burgundy under my nails, I look like I had an accident with the hair dye!

Have you tried 1/2 bottle of cherry brandy while you are doing it. That should get you well and truely stoned and you won't worry about the colours of your nayles, hic? Failing that almaniac is the best 'stoner' I can think of?!

John (hope this helpz [8-)]).

Have you tried 1/2 bottle of cherry brandy while you are doing it. That should get you well and truely stoned and you won't worry about the colours of your nayles, hic? Failing that almaniac is the best 'stoner' I can think of?!

John (hope this helpz [8-)]).

P.S. I'm nearly through stoning our latest batch of figs. It in't 'arf a bugger!

Gosh it must be hot where you are, Figs already!

That weather girl on tele 2 said it would be 24 degrees max today.........our barometer says 27 in the shade, I am thinking of cooking my next batch of cherry jam on the terracota tiles on the terrace!

Ps , do not eat too many figs , or you will  be putting your loo roll in the freezer!

mmmmm cherries simmered in their own juice with a touch of brown suger and lemon akin to a runny jam and spooned over fromage blanc........thought I was in heaven until I realised that the world hadn`t ended!

Naps - get down here.  Yesterday gave away 15 kilos of cherries and this afternoon will be stoning another 15.  Guests have started pleading not to have cherries with their meals and there are still another 2 trees to ripen.  Wouldn't mind if they came slightly more spread out.  May change my name Not-Cerise.[:D]

Only another 337 days and we shall also be able to at last fill ourselves with those yummy cherries in our garden too.

At the moment, no doubt the tenants are eyeing them with alacrity until they ripen enough to pick [bit cooler in the Haute Savoie]!

Our little cherry tree was hugely overshadowed by one of the great whoppers that Mr Lopez-cash-only took his 16-incher to.

We had to - ahem - harvest the crop before he lopped.   One whole kilo!   That made one clafoutis and just over one jar of jam.  [:$]

I'm only posting here because nobody seems to be using the other threads. Some years ago I visited an odd housing complex in, I think, eastern France. It was, as I remember, terra cotta in color and the houses looked like deep-sea divers helmets with ?round windows. It had an outdoor theater  like a Roman amphitheater. Does anybody here know the name of this complex or the name of the architect? If I took any photos, I seem to have misplaced them.

[quote user="dwmcn"]I'm only posting here because nobody seems to be using the other threads. Some years ago I visited an odd housing complex in, I think, eastern France. It was, as I remember, terra cotta in color and the houses looked like deep-sea divers helmets with ?round windows. It had an outdoor theater  like a Roman amphitheater. Does anybody here know the name of this complex or the name of the architect? If I took any photos, I seem to have misplaced them.[/quote]

Why not start a thread. ie, do your own new post with a tittle that relates to what you need to know.

The folks that are on this thread are either looking for ideas to do with Cherries or giving out their recipes/ideas for Cherries.

Someone out there on the forum may be able to pinpoint your `Place` , but they perhaps have no interest in Cherries so have not looked at this thread.

Off Cherry picking later.....again.

Happy picking Opas.  Yesterday I wore a jacket as it was freezing

out there and the wind was, and still is, horrible.  It has blown

for ten days in these parts.  I don't know how the cherries stay

on the trees ...

I'm ready for a calm, sunny day.....  NOW

dwmcn - why not give it a try.  I bet someone will reply. 

Perhaps you can offer a little more info about the place you are trying

to find.  The description you gave seems a little limited. 

Can you remember more?

Did you find your photos??

KKK,

I have been living in England off and on since 1970 and permanently since 1984 so am not typically anything. If nobody can answer my question, fine, I will look elsewhere. I worked in archaeology for years and am used to research.

Bush is not my president as I didn't vote for him or anyone else. You are a typical whatever you are.